[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's something positive that we CAN say about confederates?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: you-kids.jpg (42KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
you-kids.jpg
42KB, 500x441px
What's something positive that we CAN say about confederates? It seems like that particularly well gets dryer by the day.

I'll start:

They thought that their cotton industry would sustain them, even though other countries could not give two shits about them.
>what's so positive about that?
It was funny.
>>
>>3292140
You're seriously underestimating the importance of the cotton industry to the South. Mississippi and Louisiana used to be the richest states in the Union.
King Cotton wasn't just a meme, Britain would delight in propping up a country hostile to the US, Europeans were just too busy stuffing around in Mexico.
>>
>>3292140

Six million European Jews and countless millions of Eastern European Slavs would still be alive if they had won because it would have prevented US intervention in WW1 and thus stopped the rise of the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany.
>>
>>3292170

That's not something we can say about the confederates, it's something we could have said in your imaginary scenario.
>>
>>3292140
They valued honor, chivalry, and self-restraint.
>>
File: cottonprices.jpg (122KB, 502x509px) Image search: [Google]
cottonprices.jpg
122KB, 502x509px
>>3292166
All the unexpected Yank spergout did was cause a short increase in cotton prices, to the benefit of the south's competition.
>>
>US intervention in WW1 caused the rise of the USSR

What did he mean by this?
>>
File: Lee and Jackson praying.jpg (170KB, 1002x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Lee and Jackson praying.jpg
170KB, 1002x1200px
>>3292183

This

>>3292224

The Soviet Union doesn't rise to power in the Southern Victory series by Harry Turtledove because the outcome of WW1 is significantly altered. Unfortunately both the United and Confederate States wind up turning into analogs of the Third Reich and Nazi Germany.
>>
>>3292236
I'll be sure to refer to Turtledove for my accurate what-ifs
>>
>>3292170
Woah.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.