[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your wv?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: St_Thomas_Aquinas.jpg (41KB, 387x544px) Image search: [Google]
St_Thomas_Aquinas.jpg
41KB, 387x544px
What is your world-view /his/?
Nihilism? Christianity? Platonism? Stoicism? Cynicism?
- What are the tenents/thesis?
- Why do you hold such principles?
- What proof have you of its truthfulnes?

btw: if you hold a world-view but don't put it into practice, then it is not your world view. Like being a determinist who acts like they have free will. Walk the walk, don't just talk the talk.

ME:
Christianity:
- Everything, including the nature/presence of order in the universe was brought about by a higher power which is deeply concerned with human moral action (despite the cosmic insignificance of humans)
- Bricks don't lay themselves.
- the cliff-notes explanation is that order does not come out of chaos, and likewise the universe could not become ordered with given time, as that defies the 2nd principle of thermodynamics: that a closed system will increase in entropy over time. Given this i think it safe to say that since the universe exists in such an orderly manner, some kind of external effort must have been put into this closed system to decrease entropy in the system. Therefore God or something like him must exist. My other argument is that he is necessary for there to be moral objectivity at all, as no one will follow a lay unless there are repercussions for breaking it.
>>
smoke weed erryday
>>
File: 1492640926064.gif (398KB, 128x150px) Image search: [Google]
1492640926064.gif
398KB, 128x150px
>Christianity
>as long as I live as a good Christian the rest doesn't matter, sort of like a reverse nihilism because it encourages me to take more risks and therefore enjoy life more
Is this an acceptable position?
>>
Platonism, but I don't intend to waste my time explaining unless someone is particularly interested and open to converting.

Needless to say, it is superior to Christianity because it rejects creation from nothing, doesn't place faith above truth, god is not an incoherent anthropomorphic triplet, and morality is demonstrable beyond "uh it says here".
>>
>>3291958
-the universe is not becoming more ordered over time
-the universe is not very orderly all things considered
-the earth is not a closed system
-i'm sure you're already aware a hundred times over that 'cause/effect therefore specifically christian god' is an absurd leap
>>
>>3291958
Anyone else /absurdist/ here?
>- What are the tenents/thesis?
Life may or may not have meaning but we'll never know for sure, so why constantly argue over it? Grab a beer or a joint and relax?
>- Why do you hold such principles?
I gave up on life but I didn't give in to despair.
>- What proof have you of its truthfulnes?
>inb4 8th grade philosophy class
8th grade philosophy class
>>
File: mah nigga.png (45KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
mah nigga.png
45KB, 500x350px
>>3292148
mah nigga
>>
File: 1496338433164.png (48KB, 378x378px) Image search: [Google]
1496338433164.png
48KB, 378x378px
>>3292148
>superficially coherent ideology
>"absurdist"
>>
File: 1445790992298.png (229KB, 363x516px) Image search: [Google]
1445790992298.png
229KB, 363x516px
>>3292189
>he doesn't want to rebel against the meaninglessness of life by creating his own meaning for it through sick memes and weed
>>
>>3291958
So what are your reasons for believing a Jewish doomsday preacher is God?
>>
>>3291958
>>3292120
cancer
>>3291966
>>3292148
much better
>>
File: 1439029351722.jpg (266KB, 905x881px) Image search: [Google]
1439029351722.jpg
266KB, 905x881px
>>3291958
>Christianity
>What proof have you of its truthfulnes?
>the cliff-notes explanation is that order does not come out of chaos, and likewise the universe could not become ordered with given time, as that defies the 2nd principle of thermodynamics: that a closed system will increase in entropy over time. Given this i think it safe to say that since the universe exists in such an orderly manner, some kind of external effort must have been put into this closed system to decrease entropy in the system. Therefore God or something like him must exist. My other argument is that he is necessary for there to be moral objectivity at all, as no one will follow a lay unless there are repercussions for breaking it.
Why are Aquinascucks such brainlets? That doesn't prove Christianity in the slightest.
>>
>>3291958
you approach philosophical world-views as if they were rpg classes
>>
>>3291958

>Nihilism? Christianity? Platonism? Stoicism? Cynicism?

I don't know what fits the bill but I'm open to suggestions.

>What are the tenents/thesis?

- There is no such state as "nothingness" or non existence, because existence itself is one singular binding existence - the Universe (everything), and nothing can exist outside of everything.
- The Universe did not start or end but is the only singular existence and prime mover. Causes can only occur within the context of "everything".
- The Universe is the complete system and singular point of everything that exists. Nothing can transcend or be separate from "everything" that exists by definition.
- Other than the Universe as a singular experience as a whole, there are no singular experiences, only consequences of multiple actions.
-You can say God exists outside of the universe, and he sets it in motion etc. But then you still simply have an infinite series of irresolvable groupings of Everything = (God + Universe) ad infinitum. Transcendence from everything is absurd.

>Why do you hold such principles?

- These are just my experiences, I'm open to being proved wrong and I respect other people's cosmological opinions. And honestly, if you believe in religion because you actually have faith in it, that's more respectable.

>What proof have you of its truthfulnes?

- much wasted time, we want really know for sure but it makes the most sense to me.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.