[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What philosophical treatises can I read to get a varied, well

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: mind.jpg (75KB, 1050x750px) Image search: [Google]
mind.jpg
75KB, 1050x750px
What philosophical treatises can I read to get a varied, well rounded and unbiased idea of consciousness? I would like physicalist, spiritualist and skepticist theories, as well as any others I forgot to mention. I would like to make a personal reading list of philosophical topics, starting with self knowledge, so I can justify all beliefs I hold, in order to believe as much that is true as possible, and as little of what is false as is possible. Self knowledge seems like the most rational start, and after that I will try to find sources on epistemology. If anyone has any suggestions on a better way to achieve that goal I am happy to listen. Thank you all for the help. Hopefully, someday I will have the wisdom to call myself a philosopher in good conscience.
>>
mcginn, chalmers, zizek, Searle, nozick, evola
>>
You dont actually need to read anything to obtain what you seek. But I highly recommend mixing a bit of eastern religious texts into philosophy. Psychadelics and meditation can be extremely spiritual and shamanism and the works of behaviorism in psychology can provide a solid skeptical understanding. I can provide more info if you're interested, ive been very deep down the rabbit hole of consciousness and reality
>>
>>3292930
hit me
>>
>>3292948
Psychadelics, buddhism, look into the concept of god from an easter religion perspective, look into alan watts (amazing philosophical lectures), look into psychology (psychoanalysis (carl jung, freud), behaviourism, personality psychology (jordan peterson on youtube, personality lectures are amazing). All in all you have the knowledge within you, you just need a little kick in the right direction. People rag on people who call psychadelics spiritual, but sometimes all it takes is that little slip of reality and inhibitions, for everything to come flooding in
>>
>>3293029
And for a scientific standpoint, id wrestle with quantum physics and try and wrap your head around it. Sorry i cant offer too much input into the skeptical and scientific side as i myself am spiritually inclined, as i believe science cant answer the questions i wanted to be answered, it just isnt there yet
>>
>>3291938
Definitely Foucault for epistemology and maybe Adorno(not unbiased). Read Nietszche first and Freud. Take Alan Watts with a truckload of salt and be aware that Jordan B Peterson has a huge bias. Do NOT try and get into quantum physics.
>>
>>3293029
Orientalism: the post
>>
>>3291938
consciousness isn't real

t. science
>>
>>3294119
You cant understand consciousness without understanding reality
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.