[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the most important road in Laos, historically and in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

File: laosgpsmap-road-13.jpg (118KB, 650x670px) Image search: [Google]
laosgpsmap-road-13.jpg
118KB, 650x670px
This is the most important road in Laos, historically and in the present day, route 13.

Wikipedia:
>Route 13 is the most important highway in the country of Laos.
>It begins at Boten in the North of Laos at the Chinese border. It connects the city of Vientiane to Luang Prabang in the north and roughly follows the line of the Mekong River down to the border with Cambodia.

>mostly paved
>though the pavement is in poor condition at places
>relatively narrow, with sharp curves
>There are no markings or lighting on the road
>>
what is your point?
>>
Why is it the most historically important one?

It's hardly like the Persian Emperors Road
>>
>>3288775
That's the second Laos bashing thread I see. Who the fuck are you and why do you think we give a shit about Laos?
>>
File: Laos_A-highway-in-Laos.jpg (184KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Laos_A-highway-in-Laos.jpg
184KB, 500x375px
>>3288783
Forgot the hashtags:
#Disgusting
#Don'tGoThere
>>
File: laos truck.jpg (285KB, 1600x960px) Image search: [Google]
laos truck.jpg
285KB, 1600x960px
>>3288792
I mentioned it so I could frame the thread here. Not really sure it has much historical significance. In fact it can hardly be claimed the country HAS historical significance
>>
>>3288831
I dislike tropics in general, but I still fail to see your point.
>>
File: IMG_5037.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5037.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>3288799
They are infuriated with the Laotian success. Now everyone knows Laotians are the greatest American patriots to ever walk the earth.
>>
File: Empire_of_Dust_3.jpg (166KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Empire_of_Dust_3.jpg
166KB, 1920x1080px
>>3288775
i think this road needs some gravel put on it
>>
>>3288792
Silk road/route?
>>
>>3288831
Comfy
Hopefully my dream of dropping out of life and travelling around the world on a motorbike will come true and I'll get to ride there
>>
>>3288831
Going to Laos soon although I would've chosen Vietnam or Thailand if I had never seen your posts.
>>
>>3288878
Never went through Laos.
>>
File: implyng roads in winter.jpg (148KB, 940x627px) Image search: [Google]
implyng roads in winter.jpg
148KB, 940x627px
>>3288924
you won't be able to s say you weren't warned.
>>
File: long-road.jpg (374KB, 905x1000px) Image search: [Google]
long-road.jpg
374KB, 905x1000px
>>
File: route 13.jpg (258KB, 916x608px) Image search: [Google]
route 13.jpg
258KB, 916x608px
>>
>>3288878
Also, the Silk Road wasn't really a single proper road. It was a series of small, relatively localized closed routes that ferried goods (actually quite little), and more importantly ideas over vast distances over a broad span of time. Really the only stretch of the "Road" that could be said to be a proper road would be the northern and southern routes going through the Tarim Basin city-states towards Chang'an. Traders came from Samarkand and Bukhara and sometimes beyond to trade with China or centers of Chinese civilization like Dunhuang and went back.

Still not that much of a Road in the traditional sense.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.