[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are mythological creatures like Centaurs a projection by man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: centaur_by_alanlathwell.jpg (107KB, 600x858px) Image search: [Google]
centaur_by_alanlathwell.jpg
107KB, 600x858px
Are mythological creatures like Centaurs a projection by man of what he wants but cannot be or have?

Also general mythology thread, primarily Greek/Roman. I guess others as well, but only if it's interesting.
>>
"mythological creature"
"centaur"

pick one
>>
>>3287636
>Are mythological creatures like Centaurs a projection by man of what he wants but cannot be or have?
A centaur is an Ancient Greek's fictionalized personification of a "horseman", a raping nomadic savage who drags women off for their ritualized gangrape. Even Harry Potter had subtle references to the ravaging nature of the centaur, and you find references to this attribute about them all over their myths.

Like how they fictionalized Sarmatian female horse archers as "amazons", they're a kernel of truth wrapped around a shell of exaggeration, owing to the fact that all they knew about these lands and the people came from hearsay
>>
>>3287636
>Are mythological creatures like Centaurs a projection by man of what he wants but cannot be or have?

NO; "MYTHOLOGICAL CREATURES" WERE ACTUAL BEINGS; THE FACT THAT THEY CURRENTLY ARE EITHER EXTINCT, OR RARE, DOES NOT ENTAIL THAT THEY WERE FICTIONAL, OR METAPHORICAL.
>>
Are there any demigods with human fathers and goddess mothers? Or does it only go the other way around?
>>
>>3287712
female goddesses more or less killed any mortal who looked at them
>>
>>3287712
Achilles
>>
>>3287712
Aeneas was the son of Venus with a mortal albeit royal man.
>>
>>3287701
According to German occultist Rudolf Steiner mythological creatures like centaurs, sphinxes were real beings, only in the astral realm. Early human had clairvoyance, but lost it overtime due to materialism.
>>
>>3288691

RUDOLF STEINER WAS A DEMIOURGIC CHARLATAN.
>>
>>3288699
Proof?
>>
>>3288702

?

HIS ENTIRE LIFE'S WORK...
>>
>>3287701
Prove it.
>>
Some of the ocean monsters like Sea Serpents might be real or were real at one point. Like, it wouldn't surprise me if someone found a dead 30 foot sea serpent wash up on the beach one day, or found a really recent fossil of one, that shit sounds plausible enough for me.

Some of that shit though, like Bonnacons (giant bison things that shoot fire out their ass) is probably just something a guy came up with while he was high and everybody believed him because they didn't know any better.
>>
File: x00070-9jpeg-fc72872140096c45.jpg (27KB, 445x512px) Image search: [Google]
x00070-9jpeg-fc72872140096c45.jpg
27KB, 445x512px
>>3289841
It's probably more likely it's misinterpretation/exaggerations of existing sea animals.
This is what some of them thought whales looked like, so they could just as easily interpret a shark or a whale as some crazy sea serpent and spread that story until it entered myth.
>>
>>3289907
Yeah, but sea snakes are already a thing. Is it really all that far off to think there might be a marine Anaconda?
>>
>>3287673
What about Satyrs? What would they have been representative of?
>>
>>3291723
I think that they're just a symbol of savagery in general.
>>
>>3288699
>early humans had clairvoyance
>lol thats bullshit everyone knows that centaurs physically existed
m8 you are ridiculous. If you want people to buy into your bullshit at least try not to look insane while talking about it.
>>
>>3288691
Is Astral realm a different name for our imagination?
>>
>>3291723
Mainads still exist today:
>Sex and violence.
>Alcohol and substance abuse.
>Wearing Leopars.
>>
Even ancient man recognised the superiority of horse pussy.
>>
File: 1426371198540.png (313KB, 599x488px) Image search: [Google]
1426371198540.png
313KB, 599x488px
>>3287636
>>3293354
>>
>>3288699

Steiner liked Jews, its how you know.
>>
>>3287712
Selene had a lot of children with Endymion
>>
>>3293339

Very closely related, imagination was very important to renaissance occultists
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.