[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinion of the British Empire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0106.jpg (202KB, 640x961px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0106.jpg
202KB, 640x961px
In /his opinion what did the British empire do right and wrong and what is the consensus on it?
>>
They did everything wrong, and that should be the consesus for anyone with a moral compass
>>
>>3282569
Kill yourself you don't get the biggest empire in history along with leading the industrial revolution and gaining prosperity through doing everything wrong ! It's Britain not the Congo
>>
>>3282586
Anyone can become the biggest empire by destroying and manipulating everyone around them, that does not make it right though
>>
>>3282545
>what did the British empire do right
Genocide locals in USA, Canada, Australia and NZ to replace them with whites (thus birthing four successful countries)

>and wrong
Not doing the same in India, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Iraq, Egypt, Pakistan, Guyana and their 200 or so other colonies
>>
>>3282612
>anyone can become the biggest empire

lol this has to be ironic shitposting
>>
>>3282628
I can become the biggest empire in EU4 starting as any nation, it's not that difficult
>>
File: George.jpg (456KB, 1256x1600px)
George.jpg
456KB, 1256x1600px
They weren't too bad in India, apart from the initial conquest; don't know much about their adventures in Africa, but they were a bunch of scheming bastards in China.
>>
It's pretty split for me
>Massacre peaceful assemblies of Indians
But on the other hand
>Rid India of the scourge of the Thugee death cult

>Subjugate proud, independent countries
but on the other hand
>Get the common subjects of those countries more involved in their own administration than they could be under nobles, chiefs, and caste systems

>Suck resources out of Imperial possessions across the globe
but on the other hand
>Use same to beat fucking Hitler

The British Empire is like The Empire in Star Wars, if The Empire had a corps of professionals sincerely concerned with providing alternate industries and training to the Jawas on Tatooine after the stormtroopers shot up their land barge.
>>
Fuck them.

The only good things that came out of the British Empire were certain Caribbean countries (Trinidad & Tobago, Bahamas, Barbados, etc.) and the United States.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.