[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What movie portrays the italian american mafia the most correctly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: JimmytheGent.jpg (39KB, 249x219px) Image search: [Google]
JimmytheGent.jpg
39KB, 249x219px
What movie portrays the italian american mafia the most correctly?
>>
>>3279285
Despicable me
>>
File: IMG_2706.jpg (37KB, 306x306px)
IMG_2706.jpg
37KB, 306x306px
>>3279285
Is the Sopranos a movie?
>>
>>3279285

Zulu
>>
>>3279326
>>3279400
Is this a meme I haven't heard about?
>>
>>3279285
Sopranos in all honesty. There was a real life secret FBI recording of the Gambino family associates who kept cracking jokes about how they actually see themselves in that show.
>>
>>3279285
Shark Tale
>>
The God Father
>>
>>3279285
All Dogs Go to Heaven
>>
>>3279397
Are spongebob memes acceptable in 2017?
>>
>>3279285
Goodfellas gets close
>>
>>3279448
No, I was just trying to be funny.
>>
>>3279285
airbud 2
>>
>>3279285
https://it.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_leggenda_di_Al,_John_e_Jack
>>
>>3279285
All of them. The Mafia like to consciously pattern themselves after pop cultural portrayals of them.
>>
>>3279661
Came here to say this.
>Liars
>Cheats
>Duplicitous
>Backstabbers
>Druggies
>Violent psychopaths
>Send your best friend to kill you
None of this Godfather, honor code romanticized crap. Realest scene was when Tommy D was going to get made and walked into that empty room.
>FFFFU-
>*BLAM*
>>
>>3282408
>It was among the Italians. Some real greaseball shit.
>>
>>3282408
Isn't The Godfather about how the old boss is trying to maintain the mafia honor code and not deal with narcotics but eventually gets killed by other members?
>>
>>3282475
The mafia has always dealt in narcotics.
>>
>>3282106
This is hilariously true
>>
>>3282475
>>3282478
And the honor code has always been a myth. Even in Lucky Luciano's day, The Families were full of backstabbers, rats, and thugs. People only liked them and applauded them on the coasts because the teetotalers in the south and midwest dragged the rest of the country into prohibition which the mob openly defied. They provided a very popular service, and they rode that wave of popularity and faux-respectability long enough to cement a long term positive image in the American psyche.
>>
Just watch a documentary on the New York Gambino crime family, you'll know all you need to know.

Imagine that, having so much power and control over a city at one point, that if some corporation wanted to construct a building, they would need to pay you off, the mafia first, in order to get your truck shipments into the city that have the necessary materials required for construction. Not just this, but anything coming into the city. You essentially jack up the prices of all commodities. That is real gangster shit.
>>
File: images (19).jpg (4KB, 104x187px) Image search: [Google]
images (19).jpg
4KB, 104x187px
>>3282577
Gas pipe casso of the luchese family had cops on this payroll. When he wanted to kill somebody they would just "arrest" the guy right off the street and deliver him to luchese hit men. Can't make this shit up.
>>
File: CassoAmusoFBI[1].jpg (72KB, 450x437px) Image search: [Google]
CassoAmusoFBI[1].jpg
72KB, 450x437px
>>3282591
I really wish we could get a "Gaspipe and Vic" movie. No lovable rogue, no jaded anti-hero, no sophisticated villain. Just two brutal fucking psychopaths and the most violent chapter in American Mafia history. There could be an onscreen death every four minutes in a two hour movie, and it still wouldn't do reality justice.
>>
>>3279285
The music video of 'Street Dreams' by Nas
>>
File: chin29n-8-web.jpg (110KB, 750x938px) Image search: [Google]
chin29n-8-web.jpg
110KB, 750x938px
>>3282630
They should make a drama-comedy about the chin too. Have Adam Sandler direct it it would be top lulz.
>>
>>3282654
>Fade in "Based on a true story." Fade out.
>Pause
>Fade in "No, seriously. This shit actually happened."
>Cut to title card
"The Oddfather"
>>
>>3282679
I'm walkkkking on sunnnn shine!
>>
>>3282689
I would've gone with Frank Sinatra's cover of You're Driving Me Crazy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1gDo8UFUBA
>>
>>3279285
Donnie Brasco
>>
Probably goodfellas. A bunch of lying sociopaths who pay lip service to old traditions while backstabbing each other into irrelevancy.
>>
>>3279285
Jimmy was Irish though.
>>
>>3279285
This movie was based on real events.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4Zu1YIukylw
>>
>>3283535
You know, those old Seagal movies didn't age all that bad at all.
>>
>>3283535
man old movies used to be fucking kino nowadays they have to inject politics into them
>>
>>3282408
it didnt even happen like that irl but you tried
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.