[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battle of Crecy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Battle_of_crecy_froissart.jpg (33KB, 300x264px) Image search: [Google]
Battle_of_crecy_froissart.jpg
33KB, 300x264px
Drop some cool facts about this hectic battle
>>
>>3278111
Irrelevant skirmish hyped up by the Anglo media.
>>
>>3278116
What was that? All I heard was "ribbit, ribbit"
>>
>>3278139
Sorry, I said that no matter how many battles England managed to win on French soil, you still lost. A century of English prowess curbstomped by a little girl and her imaginary friends.
>>
>>3278139
You heard suka blyat since I'm a Russian.
>>
>>3278153
We only lost because if you kill your enemies, they win
>>
>>3278164
You lost, because God hates those who kill his friends.
>French Saints
>Roman Martyrs, holy men and a King

>English Saints
>Martyrs the English killed themselves: Thomas More and Thomas a Beckett
>>
>>3278111
Both sides had a French king
>>
>in previous engagements have trouble against English longbowmen
>hire Genoese crossbowmen with expert discipline and well manufactured crossbows and shields to counter them
>head of column arrives at battlefield
>immediately order crossbowmen forward
>Genoese logically explain they need a few minutes to unpack their pavise shields from the baggage train thus rendering the longbows next to useless and assuring an unfettered charge by French knights
>accuse them of cowardice and force them to go forward
>longbows turn the unarmored crossbowmen into pin cushions while they reload
>crossbowmen withdraw
>knights view this as cowardice and charge the Genoese
>while killing their own men the English are still firing
>decide to continue the disorganized confused charge through bodies of screaming dying men and horses
>subsequent charges result in more bodies piling up creating kill zones
>30000 French and Genoese dead for 300 English
>>
As the French army advanced the chronicler Froissart describes the Genoese as whooping and shouting. Once the English formation was within crossbow range the Genoese discharged their bolts; but the rain had loosened the strings of their weapons and the shots fell short.
Froissart portrayed the response: “The English archers each stepped forth one pace, drew the bowstring to his ear, and let their arrows fly; so wholly and so thick that it seemed as snow.”
>>
>>3278369
>30000

Nice meme
>>
>>3278192
>>3278153
>>3278116
>>3278183
>this level of butthurt
>>
>>3278192

Don't you mean Germanic?
>>
>>3280809
What was the real figure then? 29000? 28000?
>>
>>3278139
>>3278161
He said you're cute.
>>
>>3281172
Modern estimates:

1,542 knights
2,300 genovese
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.