[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would history look like if humans didn't died by natural

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: connor macleod.jpg (49KB, 500x717px) Image search: [Google]
connor macleod.jpg
49KB, 500x717px
What would history look like if humans didn't died by natural causes, didn't aged and could die only by chopping the head off?

What would religion look like?
>>
Kind of really open Question.
Either set a start date for the event or just assume that only a few have this ability like in the movies.
>>
>>3277516
I mean, like, if we naturally, since the beginning were eternal beings.

breeding would be bad then
>>
>>3278058
Everything would be so incomprehensibly different that we could never hope to guess.
But let's try anyway. Tech would be ridiculous, and their art would be beyond anything we can create. The main limiter on early advancement was the difficulty of recording information. Immortals can just learn and learn, practice and practice, and spend their time on nothing except for construction, science and the arts. Even the most basic immortal labourer would be beyond us- imagine a plasterer or a bricklayer who has spent five hundred thousand years perfecting his craft.
Overpopulation wouldn't even be an issue, because if they presumably don't need to eat or drink, or indeed consume any resources.
>>
>>3278089
but by the other hand, they could just become nihilistic and delivering themselves to egoism and hedonism.
probably they would voluntarily start to use the guillotine after a certain age.
>>
>>3278109
>probably they would voluntarily start to use the guillotine after a certain age.
I mean, I can understand what you mean to an extent. There may be a point where some immortals would simply be bored with existence and curious about what followed- some elderly people already do. However I'm not sure it could be called probable- I feel there's too much to do in life for a person to be bored with doing it all in fewer than a few thousand years, and that's ignoring the other experiences that their super advanced society had created.
>>
>>3278125
Imagine after travelling the whole world, maybe even exploring some of the space, and engaging in hundreds of love affairs... wouldn't it become dull after a while?

Perhaps they wouldn't kill themselves just them, but they surely would develop some sort of religion to give meaning to what already become meaningless. Sure it wouldn't be nothing like Christianity, maybe an afterlife wouldn't be so interesting since death isn't a common event.

Come again, why we are discussing it?
>>
>>3278136
The universe you are assuming is literally "Sora no Otoshimono" an ancient japanese story of inmortality and life.
>>
Going to the "only a few inmortal" they would probably try to seize /infiltrate some gov, in the turn of 20th. All this in order to avoid suspicious or a "witch hunt" in a legit way.

Change your name or being a fucking God king it's easier on the bronce age, not so much in the digital age
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.