[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Optimistic Nihilism the only true answer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (153KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
153KB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBRqu0YOH14
>>
File: nietzsche.jpg (14KB, 220x294px) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche.jpg
14KB, 220x294px
>>3273307
you are 150 years late dude
>>
File: None a this matters.jpg (63KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
None a this matters.jpg
63KB, 800x600px
>>3273307
It don't matter.
>>
File: AY BB U WANT SUM FUK.jpg (67KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
AY BB U WANT SUM FUK.jpg
67KB, 960x960px
>Go with you to church? Nah babe, I'm an optimistic nihilist
>>
File: el peterson redentor.jpg (191KB, 615x960px) Image search: [Google]
el peterson redentor.jpg
191KB, 615x960px
>>3273307
I'm not going to watch that. I don't subscribe to views peddled by normie morons.

The only true philosophy is Petersonism.

RESCUE YOUR BLOODY FATHER, EH
>>
>>3273388
>Says normie
>Picks one of the most normie philosophers there is at the moment
Le sigh
>>
>>3273398
He's not a philosopher you fucking moron

And no Peterson is much less normie than fucking Kurzgesagt. He's built up a following but he's niche. Normies think he's a "Nazi". Whereas Kurzgesagt is run of the mill, inoffensive, schmultzy G-A-R-B-A-G-E.
>>
Honestly, I think these Kurzgesagt videos are full of b.s.

They daydream about hard sci-fi talking about space colonies, transferring consciousness to computers, making cyborgs and shit like that, which are no different to religious beliefs at all. It is just a bunch of jackshit suppositions about what may come in some millennia

>you see, sometimes you may think that being condemned to this human condition sucks, but it doesn't suck at all because we have science and shit and it will eventually solve our existential anxiety after we conquer the galaxy and live like kangz
>>
>>3273307
He restricts himself to a materialistic view of the universe and assumes the absolute truth is relative, which is not the case. Existence is first and foremost spiritual, manifestation of material nature comes secondary and thus the absolute truth has to be reached by spiritual means such as yogic practice. No amount of materialistic scientific investigation or, since the mind is also material, dry philosophical speculation will allow one to approach the Supreme. Only by means of devotional service, bhakti-yoga, can one come to understand the truth of things.

Furthermore there are many persons who cannot understand spiritual existence at all. Being embarassed by so many theories and by contradictions of various types of philosophical speculation, they become disgusted or angry and foolishly conclude that there is no supreme cause and that everything is ultimately void. Such people are in a diseased condition of life. Some people are too materially attached and therefore do not give attention to spiritual life, some of them want to merge into the supreme spiritual cause, and some of them disbelieve in everything, being angry at all sorts of spiritual speculation out of hopelessness. This last class of men take to the shelter of some kind of intoxication, and their affective hallucinations are sometimes accepted as spiritual vision. One has to get rid of all three stages of attachment to the material world: negligence of spiritual life, fear of a spiritual personal identity, and the conception of void that underlies the frustration of life. To get free from these three stages of the material concept of life, one has to take complete shelter of the Lord, guided by the bona fide spiritual master, and follow the disciplines and regulative principles of devotional life. The last stage of the devotional life is called bhāva, or transcendental love of Godhead.
>>
>>3273485
What, then, is the "spiritual"?

How do you define it?

How do you know you're right, or that, at least, you're not wrong?

How do you define consciousness?

What is the threshold for "spiritualization"? Is it consciousness? Intelligence? Introspection? When have we, evolutively, been able to "spiritualize" ourselves?

It's funny how you try to counter an argument on the basis that it is wrong because it is not "spiritual" enough, yet base your whole argument around a really narrow view of spiritism.

Fuck off
>>
>>3273438
You are correct. He is a officially a psychologist. But let's face it, Peterson fans are just normies, the kind of normies who don't like progressive extremism, but still normies. And I wasn't aware of Kurzgesagt until now.
>>
>>3273616
Thanks for proving his point, retard. Fuck off with your retarded and manchild ideology and way of life.
>>
>>3273741
Oh so I should just believe his argument because I'm too dumb to just stop making questions and shove bhudda up my ass?

Yeah, nah
>>
>>3273741
> I disagree with this theory therefore I am, accordingly to this specific theory, sick, and wrong.
This kind of freud-tier logic needs to be stopped
"Spirituality" doesnt exist outside of your head, absolute truth does not exist at all, and materialistic view of the universe is the only accurate one.
For fuck sake go back to >>>/x/ or something
>>
>tfw I just realized Kurzgesagt means "shortly said" in German

Looks like Duolingo is paying off boys
>>
>>3273811
>materialistic view of the universe is the only accurate one.

It depends. There were proponents of a doctrine where everything was maintained by God. All the time. Eyes flutter open? Not direct physical causation. That was God willing something.

Anyways, it's one of those answers that there's no hard counter to. It also opens up the box containing the infinite set of non-"materialistic" mechanics. Of which an infinite number rely upon the constant intervention of God to maintain.

Of course this is different from the sleazy shenanigans of charismatic baptists who try to argue against evolution. But sleazebags will be sleazebags, no matter the error. You can't fix human nature that draws the mass to a tidy playroom with tidy concepts.

My suspicion is that one of the things driving the opiate crisis is the despiritualization of multiple spheres of life. When people hit the wall of actual nihilism, the only thing that seems true is the base and material. Every domain of ethical judgement seems to be overrun by either complete fools or bugs seeking to maximize the utility function.

>"Spirituality" doesnt exist outside of your head

Of course but our judgements about the world are also in our head. "Spirituality" is just a cover for something that feels more than the stimuli shithole we have now. Yes stupid people say "they're spiritual." but stupid people need crutches to deal with a reality that is becoming more bombastic with photogenic pollution and in which their "place" has been atomized.

PS: Oh yeah, occasionalism. A more modern interpretation: , God is the code running this simulation and its "God" in turn deals with exceptions and glitches. But my thoughts on this are from the perspective of a virtual machine. So to speak.
>>
>>3273307
Meme.
>>
>>3273483
>They daydream about hard sci-fi talking about space colonies, transferring consciousness to computers, making cyborgs and shit like that, which are no different to religious beliefs at all. It is just a bunch of jackshit suppositions about what may come in some millennia
These things aren't coming in a few thousand years, they are coming within the next 100-200 years. Unless we are quickly set back by nuclear war or some kind of plague, we will colonize space to secure the future of humanity, and create artificial bodies to avoid the problems of aging and disease. Technology is rapidly improving and nothing can stop it now. Blame the industrial revolution.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.