[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come this place is not more talked about?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: cyprus.png (48KB, 600x358px)
cyprus.png
48KB, 600x358px
>Greatest producer of copper in antiquity, extremely infuential for bronze age trade
>Home of the philistines and other sea peoples who caused the bronze age collapse
>opened the silver trade routes to Europe and showed the Phoenicians the routes towards it, leading to the alphabetic revolution and the urbanization of South Europe
>Home of the founder of the Stoicism school of thought
>Reason for the greatest naval battle ever, the battle of Lepanto between Europe and Ottomans

The list could go on
>>
>>3272633
>The list could go on
Do.
>>
>>3272646
This. Dpn't leave us hanging
>>
>>3272646
>Cyprus became the first country in the world to be governed by a Christian ruler.
>>
>>3272646
>>3272654
>ccording to some ancient authorities, Stasinus (Greek: Στασῖνος) of Cyprus, a semi-legendary early Greek poet, was the author of the Cypria, in eleven books, one of the poems belonging to the Epic Cycle that narrated the War of Troy. According to Photius others ascribed it to Hegesias (or Hegesinus) of Salamis or elsewhere even to Homer himself, who was said to have written it on the occasion of his daughter's marriage to Stasinus. At Halicarnassus, according to an inscription found in 1995, local tradition ascribed it to a local poet, a "Kyprias" (Κυπρίας).[1][2]
>>
>>3272633
Because everytime Cyprus is brought to discussion it turns in to a shitstorm between Greeks and Turks.
>>
>>3272633
How did they manage to stay Greek for centuries even though it's closest to the Middle East than Europe?
>>
File: Turkish_Cyprus.jpg (1MB, 1680x1030px) Image search: [Google]
Turkish_Cyprus.jpg
1MB, 1680x1030px
>>3272709
>manage to stay Greek
WRONG
>>
>>3272716
But the majority of the island is still Greek. Also that's pure nigger-tier behaviour, Turks do things like this and then wonder why people don't like them.
>>
>>3272728
>MY ASS IS BUTTBLASTED
>>
>>3272781
>Mehmet shits up another thread
This thread really needs flags to weed out T*rks
>>
>>3272790
*board
>>
>>3272716
>>3272781
I hate t*rks but this is fucking hilarious
>>
>>3272716
>>3272781
masterbaiters
>>
>>3272791
*website
>>
>>3272633
>philistines
Isn't that Crete? Pretty sure its Crete
>>
>>3272922
No, it is not, Philistines used Cypro Minoan and were dressed as bronze age Cypriots, not as Cretins, they were also buried like Cypriots and used Mycenean pottery of the Cypriot and Cilician variant, they were Cyprtiots with maybe a little Minoan-Mycenean admixture but they were mostly Cypriot
>>
>>3272633
I think it' also has the most aesthetic coastline of any island in the med. That peninsula in the northeast is just so dashing.
>>
>>3272928
>>3272934
>New discoveries reveal that the Philistine cities of ancient Israel were laid out like Bronze Age cities in Cyprus, unlike the haphazard structure of the surrounding Canaanite towns. Also, archaeological investigation in Philistine Gath itself found metal-smelting technologies alien to Canaanite traditions, but akin to techniques found in Cyprus of thousands of years ago.
read more: http://www.haaretz.com/jewish/archaeology/1.738150
>>
Going here on holiday next month. Any cool historical things to visit? Planning to see the Tomb of Kings but I have no idea what it is.
>>
>T*rk ruins yet another thread

Can we rangeban these roaches already
>>
>>3272905
*planet
>>
>>3272646
>island looks like its dabbing
>>
File: turk vs crusader.png (31KB, 742x418px) Image search: [Google]
turk vs crusader.png
31KB, 742x418px
>>3272790
TURK = ALPHA = BUTTBLASTER
wh*Te = BETA = BUTTHURT
>>
>>3272728
>Using nigger as an "insult"
why do you wh*Te subhumans always so pathetic?
>>
>>3272633
>Reason for the greatest naval battle ever, the battle of Lepanto between Europe and Ottomans
Umm, no, sweetie.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Myeongnyang
Or this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Trafalgar
>>
File: turkroach clicking.png (1MB, 3555x2198px) Image search: [Google]
turkroach clicking.png
1MB, 3555x2198px
>>3273536
And no, I'm not even "wh*te".
>>
>>3273536
You're right if Turks turned into niggers it would probably be an improvement.
>>
File: shoo shoo white dog.jpg (254KB, 1199x745px) Image search: [Google]
shoo shoo white dog.jpg
254KB, 1199x745px
>>3273750
are you a Greek subhuman?
>>3273753
BLACK people are based.
>>
>>3273762
>implying white people exist in America
Are you memeing right now
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.