[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if Winter war started in summer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: fingols.jpg (40KB, 427x336px) Image search: [Google]
fingols.jpg
40KB, 427x336px
Lets say around june 1940.
>>
>>3270994
Finns would probably lose quicker.
>>
It would be called the Summer War
>>
>>3270994
that fin is adorable
I want to pet it
>>
>>3270994
I think Soviet tactics at the time are more relevant than the season. Putting armor way out in the woods with no infantry support and vice versa, human wave attacks against heavily dug-in positions, not giving any regard for the terrain and the locals' will to resist, and a thousand other general fuckups. It would have been a different war if it was free of soviets literally freezing to death overnight by the division, but I think things would have generally been just as poorly planned and based on ill conceived tactics. Stalin's purges of 32-33 had also severely made Soviet high command and officer Corp just as contarded
>>
>>3270994
Soviets win, control Finland until WW2 is settled, Germany doesn't Barbarossa with Norway and Sweden threatened, Germany is forced to give up a ton of weapons and tech to the Soviets, Germany loses around 1943.
>>
>>3271039
The soviets annexes the totality of Korea in 1953, and in 1955 Finnish and Hwan intelligentsia wrestle for control of the russian politburo, eventually splitting the USSR in half and rebooting the great finno-korean hyperwar.
>>
>>3271030
>human wave attacks
stop pls
>>
File: frozen hell.jpg (53KB, 336x499px) Image search: [Google]
frozen hell.jpg
53KB, 336x499px
>>3271106
that's literally what they were though, they sent thousands of men straight into heavy machine gun fire with the desire to overwhelm rather than outmaneuver. At least from what I've read in pic related.
>>
>>3271130
citation needed
>>
>>3271106
You actually deny that Soviet tactics went beyond "swamp them with numbers and firepower"? Listen to old Finnish soldiers talking about raking machinegun fire across open fields for so many hours that the amount of Russian corpses piling up would make them vomit, not to mention that they were melting the barrels of water-cooled machine guns in sub-zero temperatures
>>
File: 1491089397719.png (129KB, 314x278px) Image search: [Google]
1491089397719.png
129KB, 314x278px
>>3271146
>Listen to old Finnish soldiers making up shit about how they repelled a mordor horde, while they were breaking their legs to sign a peace treaty before their whole country got fully annexed again.

pass

Red army was in fucking shit shape until ~second half of 1942, but I'm not gonna put up with faggotry of the "dem 1000's of niggas were just running into my croshair day and night an my squad had to link a machinegun belt that went all the way back to Helsinki to get through it, I swer on me mum!"
>>
>>3271194
those meme stories isnt how infantry tactics work, read some books by Glantz or something
>>
>>3271130
No they didn't, they did shit that was just as stupid like give their troops skis but no training in how to use them and so all their columns were easily surrounded on roads and molotoved by more mobile Finns
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.