[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ostentation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: ge9992008.png (298KB, 656x358px) Image search: [Google]
ge9992008.png
298KB, 656x358px
Why are the western nations/cultures so obsessed with ostentation and lookings?

There is a constant trying to show what do you have, your "value", making ostentation of anything and simply shaming or belittling other people just because they aren't on the same level. That goes from money, to art, to everything

While this of course happens (more and more by the day) in other cultures I see this far less happening in Eastern nations where in fact ostentation and calling everybody's attention is plainly discouraged, or at least publicly people are austere and keep their riches for themselves or inside home.

Is it a feature of the West or is it product of capitalism/consumerism? Or the latter only maximized the former?
>>
>>3269689
People like shiny things
>>
Bumo
>>
>>3269689
>Why are the western nations/cultures so obsessed with ostentation and lookings?
wrong, other cultures do it much more. Just think your average ghetto nigger with their gold or any rich chink.
>>
>>3270193
>average ghetto nigger
They live in western countries

>any rich chink.
As I've stated in the OP this is growing more by day in non western nations too
>>
>>3269689
liberalism is one hell of a drug
>>
>>3269689
Actually middle eastern and far eastern cultures have a longer and more important tradition of ostentation. The problem is that what you call Eastern nations have cultures were hierarchy is very important and must be respected, so not everyone is allowed the same degree of ostentation. Europe had strict hierarcies too but those were undermined by the glorified bandits who made feudalism first and later by the merchants that created a culture that wasn't friendly towards any hierarchy that isn't economic. So the west has less ostentation but everyone is doing it, while in the "east" there's more ostentation but traditionally it's reserved for a few (often the state).
>>
>>3270230
Interdasting.jpg
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.