[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the Reconquista just and heroic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1487411161304.png (309KB, 1584x1501px) Image search: [Google]
1487411161304.png
309KB, 1584x1501px
Was the Reconquista just and heroic?
>>
>>3269463
mostly pragmatic
>>
>>3269463
No it was a white supremacist islamophobic Nazi movement.
>>
>>3269463
Nice spooks
>>
>>3269463
What would make a part of history "just" or "Heroic"?
>>
If I wanted to learn about the Reconquista in it's early, early days what books should I look at?
>>
Not quite, it was extremely bloody.
>>
One of the biggest triumphs in the history of Civilization.
>>
>>3269463
The F*ench at their most savage.
>>
>>3269510
El Cid. It's a book about one of the more famous champions of the reconquista. There are some based history books on this guy so make sure you look at some reviews to know which is which, either based or actual history.
>>
>>3269463
The reconquista in terms of "just" was fairly respectable. The church declared a crusade esentially on the inhabitants of any Islamic inhabiting the Iberian. The cause was to reclaim the land that was once Christian. In the northern parts of the Iberian, there were certainly some christian monuments that were in the hands of Muslims, and in the past the Emirate of Cordoba allowed pilgrimage and realitive acceptance of Christians and Jews in Muslim controlled Iberian, but around the 11th century the power shifted and these lenient rules that allowed infidels of Islam to do as they may changed and turned hostile.

In this time there was no real say in who threw the first punch, it was just years of conflict building up and in response to the violence against Christians by Muslims in the Iberian and a want to reclaim old land of the Roman Empire essentially, the Church and Pope declared the retaking of this land.

Whether or not the church had claims to the old Land of the Roman Empire is certainly debatable, but as for the inhabitants of Christians living in the Iberian that wish to liberate themselves from Muslim power, it could probably be seen as just.
>>
>>3269566

El Cid did not live duing "early, early" days of teh Reconquista though.
>>
>>3269494
Actually this, for real
>>
>>3269494
>Spanimoors
>White
>>
>>3269463
nice. you give me an excuse to post my charts i just made :^)
>>
>>3271159
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.