[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Catholic Church

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: st_peters_basilica_rome.jpg (710KB, 1600x1277px) Image search: [Google]
st_peters_basilica_rome.jpg
710KB, 1600x1277px
This controlled almost the entirety of Europe from the 789-1789.

Still trying to wrap my head around that.
>>
For a given value of "control"
>>
>>3266162
>This controlled almost the entirety of Europe from the 789-1789
not really
>>
>>3266245
Tell me why nearlu every king or emperor needed to be crowned by a high ranking cleregy official in this time then?
>>
>controlled
>No one really gives a shit what you think unless you threaten excommunication, even then it's a minor inconvenience
>Emperor you crowned often makes his own Pope to get around your bullshit
What power
>>
>>3266260
>often makes his own pope
>literally once

Unless you want to count the schism of the crown of England creating their own church.
>>
>>3266260
it meant monks couldn't operate in said property which meant you couldn't be redeemed after going to war since nobody would pray for you aka you're a heretic now and everyone hates you
>>
>>3266277
>Once
From 789-1789 there were 28 dickhead
>>
>>3266289
Learn to read.

Discussion was about how many times a pope was delegated by a non clerical official such as a long or emperor. Not how many popes there were
>>
>>3266320
If the Catholic Church was so powerful how come there were 28 anti-popes? The discussion is bullshit, the clergy was powerful because of their land holding, not the Vatican, it's not like the Lutherans or Anglicans suddenly became irrelevant because they changed head of church
>>
>>3266327
Is the simple fact that even 1 anti pope was created to try and defect the power of the church not proof that there was more than just power from land holding?
>>
>>3266356
No, not really, it demonstrates the total lack of authority the church hierarchy had over their own corenated monarchs
>>
>>3266162
AHAHAHAHHAHAHA THOSE SHITTY COMMIEBLOCKS

MEMORIEEEES OF LOVE GO ON AND ON... MEMORIES OF HOW ITALIAN CITIES ARE COMPARED TO GERMANIC ONES... AIII AHIII AIIII AAAAAA....
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.