[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

War in the Vendee and other Royalist revolts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Why did so many peasants revolt to bring back the monarchy and nobility? What had the Republic done that outraged them?
>>
>>3265086
Shat all over religion mostly
>>
In a majority Catholic country, do you really think abolishing Catholicism, systemically murdering Priests, abolishing religious marriages, and trying to create your own "cult of the supreme being" is going to work out? On top of all of this, the King of France was a semi-religious position that competed with the Pope for control of Catholicism, was appointed by God, and the republic EXECUTED him.
>>
>>3265098
>>3265102
How extensive were the attacks on the Church? I don't know much about the French Revolution itself compared to the Napoleonic Wars that followed.
>>
>>3265086
Edgelords like St Just and Robespierre were very anti-Catholic. This didn't go over very well with the peasantry. Blasphemous atheist city trash didn't represent the poor ignorant but not all that unhappy peasants
>>
>>3265114
Very. Thousands of Priests were killed, and many cathedrals were destroyed, or converted into "Civic Halls". We're talking 1984 shit, they fucking changed the calendar just to make it impossible for people to know when religious holidays were.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.