[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 6f4.png (568KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
6f4.png
568KB, 960x720px
What's the origin of hell? Do all cultures believe on a form of it?

For what I can grasp abrahamic hell may br influenced by the zoroastrian one. No idea about hell in dharmic religions if it is an independant creation.

Did it develop just as a tool for controling dumb people with no other use? I always founded the notion of retribution after death as a childish notion. I mean what's even the point of it when everybody is equally consumed after death?
>>
>>3263617
>founded
JUST
>>
>founded
>>
>>3263617
>What's the origin of hell?
Zoroastrianism

The rest of the religions made fan fictions about it.
>>
File: 1483335081345.jpg (66KB, 956x631px)
1483335081345.jpg
66KB, 956x631px
>>3264361
>The rest of the religions made fan fictions about it.
>>
>>3264437
>The earliest wiring about hell are found in Zoroastrianism
>Then is starts showing up everywhere

>Zoroastrianism developed the abstract concepts of heaven and hell, as well as personal and final judgment, all of which are only alluded to in the Gathas. Yasna 19, which has only survived in a Sassanid era ([–650 CE] Zend commentary on the Ahuna Vairya invocation), prescribes a Path to Judgment known as the Chinvat Peretum or Chinvat bridge (cf: As-Sirāt in Islam), which all souls had to cross, and judgment (over thoughts, words, and deeds performed during a lifetime) was passed as they were doing so. However, the Zoroastrian personal judgment is not final. At the end of time, when evil is finally defeated, all souls will be ultimately reunited with their Fravashi. Thus, Zoroastrianism can be said to be a universalist religion with respect to salvation.
>>
>>3264437
>>3264447
And when I say Hell, I mean a place you are sent after death as punishment for wrongdoings in life.

Not a land of the dead, or an underworld like Hades.
>>
>>3264447
where did you get that from?
additionally though the earliest material comes from the 10th century AD, this leads to multiple problems with how the Gathas and Avesta religious text developed before the 10th century.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.