[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spotted in my local museum. Never have I felt so impotently angry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMAG0431.jpg (2MB, 1824x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0431.jpg
2MB, 1824x3264px
Spotted in my local museum.

Never have I felt so impotently angry
>>
File: British-bulldog-wallpaper.jpg (218KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
British-bulldog-wallpaper.jpg
218KB, 1920x1200px
>>3262792

Well, I can sympathize, that's the most retarded periodization I've ever seen.
>>
whats the problem here
all human classifications of time periods are going to be arbitrary by their very definition
>>
>>3262792
What's the context?
>>
>>3262806
No. 42AD wasn't prehistoric by any legitimate definition.
>>
>>3262792
>modern just arbitrarily starting in 1901

modern era started mid 18th century with industrial/political revolutions and the restructuring of society.

Before that was pre-modern, age of exploration and enlightenment, starting somewhere in the 16th century. And before that you finally have medieval. This chart just completely ignores that the last couple hundred or so years have been radically different than the medieval era of 15th century knights and lords and all that.
>>
>>3262830
oh i didnt see that part lol
>>
>>3262826
Part of a diorama of Saxon treasure finds.
Its basically the museum's only display.
That and a Spitfire MK14 that's falling apart
>>
>>3262830
Prehistoric means before written records. Last time I checked there was no writing in Britain until the Romans arrived.
>>
File: ffffffff.png (311KB, 882x816px) Image search: [Google]
ffffffff.png
311KB, 882x816px
>>3262826
OP is an idiot not realizing that this specific periodiziation is tied to stratigraphy through specifically the English archaeological record - hence "Anglo-Saxon" and the transition between "Anglo-Saxon" and "Medieval" being 1066. 1901 is when Queen Victoria died. 1540 is when the last priory is dissolved by Henry VIII, thus the transition point between Catholic England and Protestant England. All these dates are commonly accepted by British archaeologists with maybe the start date of first Anglo-Saxon activity in Britain being shifted around a little because they can't agree on when precisely it happened. OP, not realizing almost any of this, spewed off.
>>
>>3262792
were you not tall enough for the modern ride?
>>
what am I supposed to be looking at here. please explain your autism.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.