[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on Spengler, was he right? He predicted the rise of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: untergangdesabendlandes.png (757KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
untergangdesabendlandes.png
757KB, 1200x600px
Redpill me on Spengler, was he right? He predicted the rise of populism 100 years after his death.
>>
>walt basically had to tell him he was heisenberg

No, he was a dipshit.
>>
>>3262593
Populism always has and always will be a thing. "Predicting it" is about as impressive as Nostradamus predicting that floods and famines will happen in the future.
>>
I don't really understand what is meant by decline. If we use the example of Rome, it seems like all the "degenerate" stuff was all around the end of the republic and the early empire, when the projected their power as far as it would go. Even when Rome fell, it was the austere west that collapsed and the decadent east that survived.
>>
So if we don't want to repeat the faults of Rome we should destroy multiculturalism and kill foreigners before they kill us.
>>
>>3262618
Spengler is not your typical doomsayer warning about "degeneracy". Firstly, he believes that the fall of cultures is predestined and that there's nothing anyone can to stop it. Secondly, what's he's talking about when he talks about is not "degeneracy" in the sense of self-indulgence, like the use of anime bodypillows, but more a kind of vague spiritual deadness. Spengler's "Winter" stage is defined like this:

>the creations of the past in art and science and spiritual life are perfected and elaborated, but not fundamentally extended. Technology flourishes rather than new science. For Spengler the science of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries was not new, but continued the characteristically Western style of science established by people like Newton and Leibnitz. This final age is the time of increase in quantity, not quality.

Finally, the fact that a culture is at the end of its life cycle does not mean that the empires that is has created collapse immediately. Rome, India and China all continued to exist for many centuries after they entered the Winter stage.
>>
>>3262641
It seems like the cultural part doesn't really fit well with the political half in that case
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.