[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if the Byzantine Empire survived the expansion of Islam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: byzantium.png (64KB, 1641x686px) Image search: [Google]
byzantium.png
64KB, 1641x686px
What if the Byzantine Empire survived the expansion of Islam and made it to at least 1914 ?
>>
>>3262534
It collapses to nationalism and nothing changes at all.
>>
>Byzaboos still exist
>>
>>3262535
It could but I think theres a different WWII with the Byzantines and Russians allying against the British,French,Spanish,and whatever Germany is in that timeline.
>>
>>3262534
Islam wasn't the only reason Byzantine Empire has collapsed. It wouldn't last to XX century no matter what.
>>
>>3262544

who even can know? so many things would be different. given the map you posted, russia and the byzantines are geopolitical competitors, its unlikely religion would mean much comparatively in 1914
>>
Fuck off Byzaboo scum
>>
>>3262534
>What if Byzantines in World War 1
What Archduke would be killed to trigger it by what kind of nationalist.
I'm glad the amount of threads like this keeps low.
>>
>>3262534
Russia wouldn't be Russia in the first place, as the title of Tzar Muscovite claimed was after the fall of Constantinopolis.

If Islam fails to even take over Egypt and North Africa, the factors required to reach it would most likely make them unable to conquer Persia, and Islam would most likely be contained in Arabian Peninsula.

Survival, and judging by your map, expansion, of Eastern Roman Empire would change history so much that whatever the political division in 1914 would be, it would be nothing like the map you posted.
>>
>>3262534
Byzantium with those borders for a whole millennium would change history so utterly there's no point discussing it. It would make for a ridiculously rich and powerful country tho, probably pretty culturally unified too after all that time.
>>
>>3262766
until the rest of europe gets tired of paying the Greeks to be the middle man. build sailing ships and discover the new world, then the trade routes to asia. then the decline that happened to the Ottomans happens to the Byzantines. They're economic staple of being merchants for exotic trade goods is gone
>>
Having no Mudslimes is nice
>>
>>3262534
What if the dinosaurs came back after WW2? NOBODY FUCKING KNOWS AND NOBODY WILL EVER FUCKING KNOW
>>
A quingarinbillion variables, that's what happens.

Now fuck off.
>>
what if I had a 15inch cock and wasn't a virgin?
>>
>>3262896
>history is simple bro :D
>>
>>3262534
With the kind of miracle that it would take for Byzantium to last that long, it's just as likely to be some kind of global superpower by 1914. Perhaps the prevelance of gunpowder and by extension cannons is delayed for some reason, so the Byzantines still have their age-old strategy of hiding behind the Walls of Theodosius to rely on, but by then you've already altered the course of European history into something completely alien.
>>
File: lXSWGjR.png (65KB, 1092x1037px) Image search: [Google]
lXSWGjR.png
65KB, 1092x1037px
>tfw you live in a timeline where Nazis were never defeated at the gates of Constantinople
>>
>>3264754
well it's after WW2 now so it's not too late
>jurassic park
>>
>>3262535
You think non roman identities will exist if it lasted to 1914?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.