[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emergence of Indonesia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

Half Batawi and Half Batawi and half Indo here. I've heard stories from both proponents and critics of the Dutch decolonization of Indonesia and I'd like to share some unanswered questions with you in lieu of the 72nd independence day of Indonesia:
Did Republik Indonesia have a legitimate claim on Negara Indonesia Timur and would the development of that region been faster if they still had ties to the Kingdom of the Netherlands?
>>
>>3258998
Sorry for fucking that first part up
>>
>>3259013
How do you feel about being muslim?

Why did you invade Timur?

How many communists have you killed?

Why does the Phillipines have better women?
>>
>>3258998
Why is Bali, the Hindu Island, the only place where you got tourism?
>>
>>3258998
Indonesians fucked up when they went muslim
>>
>>3260266
Basically this, a lush tropic paradise ruined because of a shitty religion. You could be developed by now if you kept to Buddhism or Hinduism.
>>
>>3258998
dunno even during dutch administration were focused on java and sumatra, they did build some stuff in the outer island but mostly for extracting resources and military post. VoC period was real shitshow though
>>
I have no idea, but it looks like a non-nation to me. Seems like decolonizing it was Africa tier.
>>
>>3259995
australian memes mostly,theres some other tourist places too but bali was the most popular one
>>
>>3259903
>How do you feel about being muslim?
I'm not muslim
>Why did you invade Timur?
Thats what I'd like to know. The only thing they have in common is that they were also under dutch control.
>How many communist have you killed?
My Indo relatives went with the boat to the Netherlands before this period and my other relatives stayed in Jakarta and I don't know how they experienced this period.
>Why does the Phillipines have better women?
both have qts
>>3259995
>Why is Bali the only place where you got tourism?
I don't think this is true but Bali has the most tourism and I think its because of orientalism back in the day. If all of your colony is primarily muslim an island harkening back to the time before islam seems pretty interesting
>>
>>3259995
because bali was nicer than other island. especially java
>>
>>3259995
Because all the other islands are full of muslims, Bali is hindu
>>
>>3258998
And why did all the Sumatrans join the Javanese?
>>
>>3258998
Is it about some maluku people who want NIT to be resurrected?
Problem with east Indonesia more like size thing. Its size almost half of yurop, mainly deep sea, and not much resources other than, well, fish.
I don't think being dependent with Dutch will help either. They have no history to be able to do that.
>>
>>3260365
So you'd say development wise the area would have turned out the same under the Kindom of the Netherands or Republik Indonesia?
>>
>>3260398
even before the dutch sumatra and java were more developed and technology advanced compared to the other island, mostly because of trade routes
>>
>>3260414
yes true but giving that sumatra and java were under Republik Indonesia I'd guess the dutch would try to make most of the island they have influence over.
>>
>>3260365
>and not much resources other than, well, fish.
Why do you think the Dutch conquered it?
>>
>>3260447
Spices, right?
>>
File: indonesia_econ_1972.jpg (149KB, 1611x501px) Image search: [Google]
indonesia_econ_1972.jpg
149KB, 1611x501px
>>3260365
>>3260447
>>3260583
It's oil
>>
>>3260275
But Indonesia is economically better than a lot of their neighbouring Hindu-Buddhist and Catholic neighbours, infact, with exception of Thailand and Singapore, the most developed and richest countries in southeast Asia are all Muslim
>>
>>3261059
Because it's the only place in the world where Islam spread peacefuly.
>>
>>3261077
except that time when the sultanate of Demak conquered Majapahit and the Sunda kingdom which probably helped the spread of Sufi Islam on Java
>>
Is it true that Indonesia and Malaysia are basically the same if we ignore that one got dutched and the other angloed?
>>
File: indie.jpg (124KB, 471x672px) Image search: [Google]
indie.jpg
124KB, 471x672px
>>3258998
Jan Pieterszoon Coen heeft niets verkeerds gedaan
>>
>>3261136
Both of them share some Malay-speaking peoples but both of them are also multiethnic as hell, Malaysia alone has like 30 indigenous languages
>>
>>3261136
>>3261159
Malayu is their lingua franca
>>
>>3261142
He was a great jewish man
>>
>>3261136
Its complicated, both countries have many different ethnicities but they share many similar culture, Malaysia (and Brunei) are Malay dominated and Indonesia is Javanese dominated, the two are considered the historical dominant power in the region, the preislamic era history of the area (traditionally called Nusantara) can be summed up as rivalry between Buddhism Malay states and Hindu Javanese states, with their proxy in Borneo and surrounding area, only after they're both converted to Islam in 1500s they kinda get closer, but they're still different

Western Indonesia is ethnically and culturally close to Malaysia, and to certain extent, to some other ethnics in Indochina, Sumatran are basically the same people as people of Malayan peninsula, eastern Indonesia is ethnically and culturally different and are closer to Melanesian and Aborigine countries like Timor, Papua new Guinea, and eastern pacific island countries
>>
>>3259995
>>3260266
>>3260275

tf no topless cuties on java because of islam
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.