[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternate History- Vikings in the Caribbean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: viking_voyage.jpg (427KB, 1350x832px) Image search: [Google]
viking_voyage.jpg
427KB, 1350x832px
Hey guys I was just wondering what would happen if the vikings when they were setting up colonies in Northern America, what would've happen if they settled in Southern America or the Caribbean?
>>
Come on
>>
>>3258939
They would have ruled the world because they would have gotten rich off if Tobacco, gold, sugar, and chocolate. Not to mention exotic clothes and furs, potatoes, peppers and many other things that would have been discovered and brought back to Europe by the Norse.

It's actually hard to determine how where and when.

What I mean is how would they establish trade? Would they have a long network of trading around the Atlantic coast? It seems much too far spread for the even the entirety of the Norse to travel.

They would have to establish a whole other kingdom, one with a fair location that allowed it to be a hub for trade, travel, and easy access to get back to Europe. Possibly the Carolina coast? Fairly close to the Caribbean, bounty of resources, ideal climate.

Much more would have to be taken into consideration
>>
>>3258968
OP here I was thinking sort of the same thing of this to be honest, it's just that when Columbus sailed to the West Indies it was reported that the natives were peaceful. I had it in my idea that the natives would trade raw materials with the vikings, and in return the vikings may have given them some improvements in technology or weapons.
>>
>>3258939

Nothing, the Vikings had no ability to exploit the resources of the Caribbean and had no slaves to institute a plantation system with. In fact the Caribbean offered nothing to the Vikings except death by disease.
>>
File: 1467060886708.png (787KB, 757x1145px) Image search: [Google]
1467060886708.png
787KB, 757x1145px
>>3258939
They would've overheated.
>>
>>3258939
They'd die quickly. The locals were maritimers who'd kill them with ease.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.