[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did the Prussian become so easily overran in 1806?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: french-napoleonic-uniforms.jpg (114KB, 736x624px) Image search: [Google]
french-napoleonic-uniforms.jpg
114KB, 736x624px
How did the Prussian become so easily overran in 1806?
>>
Because Prussia and by extension Germany has a meme-tier military that collapsed when facing actual opposition
>>
The French used their oldest trick, they approached the Prussian encampment with their trademark white flag and then slaughtered everyone when they least expected it.
>>
>>3257897
unlike their enemy the Prussian army didn't change since Frederick the II's times and they were a little too afraid and/or confident in that system and organization that the veteran army of France that had been modernized due to a decade of fighting simply destroyed them. Apparently the army was also full of conservative old officers who refused to modernize.
>>
>>3257897
Superior tactics.
Napoleon's armies utilized maneuverability and combined arms which triumphed over the traditional Prussian doctrine on unyielding discipline and formations.
>>
>>3257966
Interesting that the Americans adopted this tactic during the revolution.
>>
Those are russians
>>
>>3258533
Yep
You can tell be the "liberator" face of the sitting guy
>>
Stop fucking making zero quality threads with the literal exact same wording sans one word and one number. Shouldn't be tolerated here on /pol/-lite.
>>
>>3258505
All is fair in guerilla warfare.
>>
>>3257897
Because
>DUDE, let's just break out Old Fritz's strategies
Unfortunately for Prussia, Napolean was using more advanced strategy.
>>
>>3257897
No one mentioned the lack of nationalist fervor among the general population. The Germans didn't care much for their Prussian masters losing the war.

Its after Napoleon do you see the Prussian state (not just the army) enact reforms and started promoting nationalism among the citizenry.
>>
because krauts never fucking war any major war in general
>>
>>3257897
because they were inferior to Incas
>>
>>3257966

Man, if my army is killed in it´s own encampment by the supposedly surrendering enemy the bunch of retards who composed my army serve me better dead than alive.
>>
>>3260836
Pierre learn English before you try to shitpost.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.