[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Similarities in medal recipients

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: fblike.jpg (98KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
fblike.jpg
98KB, 1200x630px
What do recipients of the highest military medals, whether it is the Medal of Honor, the Victoria Cross, Iron Crosses no matter which one, have in common?Are there similarities between a high amount of recipients? In other words is there a type of person that earns such a type of medal?
I'm thinking socio-economic background, familylife, strong parent-figures, abcense of fathers, large/small families, natural born leaders etc. Have there been noticed similarities or percentages of soldiers.
>>
>>3254036
Straight white men. Notice how white males seem to be the most moral and heroic people on earth.
>>
I seem to remember an article where it stated a good percentage of, I think, VC recipients were oldest brothers from a large family. But I can't remember the exact wording to look it up on the internet. It broke down some similarities
>>
>>3254046
(you) While it's a given most of them are white I was expecting a somewhat more mature approach to the subject
>>
in the US I know that you automatically get a medal of honor for diving on a grenade hoping to absorb the shock of the explosion with your body, so no one else gets killed. There's a couple of those that funnily enough weren't posthumously awarded because the grenade turned out to be a dud.
>>
>>3255431
Thank you but I'm trying to find parallells between the men who did the actions.
>>
>>3254036
Slight mental retardation.
>>
File: 1379630527911.jpg (500KB, 1354x1053px) Image search: [Google]
1379630527911.jpg
500KB, 1354x1053px
>>3254046
joggin the noggin there pal
>>
>>3255423
I heard Lindybeige say that, makes a lot of sense desu
>>
>used to be awarded with whores, land, wine and slaves in the ancient world for going about the call of duty
>modern day soldiers settle for a little autistic ribbon
really sends my cortex through a vortex
>>
File: images-1.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
>>3254046
>>
>>3255712
Recognition of honor and valor became more valued than cunning and boldness.
>>
>>3255707
No no no please tell me that's not true, I can't remember the source that cited it to save my life but I'm 100 percent sure it wasn't lindybeige. It was an article or atleast written in text
>>
>>3255528
I was expecting some of these 'they were psychopats' or whatever replies
>>3254046
Yes but I wanted noticeable specifics in that group of people
>>
>>3255712
A MoH carries a lot more weight than that, anon. It's basically putting your career on easy mode if you stay in, at least one book deal, and if you're a real bad ass you might get a movie out of it. And besides, it's worth it in my opinion to get saluted by everyone, including the President.
>>
>>3255707
Do you remember which video perhaps?
>>
>>3254036
Being a manlet
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.