[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it wrong to say the United States of America was built on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 27

File: IMG_0538.jpg (568KB, 1600x1251px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0538.jpg
568KB, 1600x1251px
Is it wrong to say the United States of America was built on stolen land, genocide, and slavery?
>>
>>3253782
It's not genocide if you do it unintentionally.
>>
>>3253782
Nope.

t. american
>>
No. What's wrong is to imply that the United States is unique in this regard.
>>
>>3253790
You mean United Statian.
>>
>>3253782
No, it's 100% true but back then it was 100% justified
>>
Nothing could have stopped it after the Mexican Cession.
>>
The USA was a genocidal, white supremacist settler colony.
>>
>>3253782
And there's literally nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>3253782

name one country that isn't.
>>
>>3253782
Only if you acknowledge every single other civilization was built on the same tactic and methodologies.
Sumer, Egypt, Rome, and even the Aboriginal North Americans-- It's all a story of groups of people forced out of their homes by nature or by other men, going somewhere new, finding out people already live there, then taking their shit.
Picts replaced by Celts, Celts by Romans, Romans by Germans, et c.
Anasazi by Hopi, Hopi by Navajo, Navajo by Spaniards.
And all your precious indians were killing each other over territory and enslaving each other the whole time.
Being mean is just a thing people do, all races all places.

We need to learn and focus on doing better tomorrow.
>>
It large part it was an inevitable clash between two irreconcilable cultures with one side wielding a disproportionate amount of organization and force.

The sad part is that discussions usually end up with one side of unremitting apologists who seek to downplay the brutality, racism and double-dealing that characterized the relationship as wholly unremarkable and natural and another side who seek to cast blanket condemnations and wield history like a moral bludgeon to punish the sons for the sins of the father so to speak.
>>
>>3253861
I'm not defending it as a correct methodology, or a "natural" one.
But it is *human*.
All the duplicitousness of the white man is found in his red neighbor and in all other races in all other places.
>>
The short answer is no.

You have described necessary but not sufficient preconditions for the success of the United States.
>>
>>3253867
What is human is to compare entities. And the conclusion is that Incas were superior to europeans.
>>
>>3253782
t. salty "Noble" native
>>
>>3253897

Do the nobility levels of the natives make any difference?
>>
>>3253867
>All the duplicitousness of the white man is found in his red neighbor and in all other races in all other places.
That comes off less like an objective confrontation with the actual course of US-Indian relations and more like a feeble apology. While it's true, it's a line of argument that doesn't do must besides attempt to veil the reality behind platitudes of human nature. Like if we were talking about American slavery it would come off as tone deaf to bring up how slavery has been found in all cultures and places for millenia.
>>
>>3253924
*much
not must
>>
>>3253789
This, it may sounds like a tiny detail but it's a big deal ensuring that not everything with a high death number gets called a "genocide".
>>
>>3253847
Norway
>>
>>3253897
>implying op isn't a spic
>>
File: vikings-s4-finale[1].jpg (557KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
vikings-s4-finale[1].jpg
557KB, 1000x563px
>>3253938
>raids europe for 300 years
>leaves Greenland and Canada because they looked down on the natives and wouldn't adapt to the native life style.
>>
File: Capitalism_death_toll2.jpg (162KB, 1024x657px) Image search: [Google]
Capitalism_death_toll2.jpg
162KB, 1024x657px
>>3253916
>Muh evil imperialist capitalist eurangutans destroy my native paradise
>>
>>3253957
Didn't the natives chase them away?
>>
>>3253782
Yes, it's a painful reality that everyone has to accept. The majority of civilizations, tribes, people have been killing each other for the longest time. No, that does not justify it, but we have to take it as it is.

The European Immigrants had a choice and they made certain decisions. That's on them. Not on anyone currently, so the whole blame narrative has to take a chill pill. But on the other hand, Americans have to be aware of the history, no matter how dark it may be.
>>
>>3253998

Is that what I said?
>>
It's true, but people who empathize it are either virtue signallers or anti american and looking for gibs from virtue signallers.

It's an essentially meaningless truism.
>>
>>3253810
which United States? Perhaps the United States of Mexico?
>>
>>3253782
>Is it wrong to say
>United States
No, and that's what's great about the U.S.
>>
>>3253782
So? Who cares? Every nation on earth was built upon the backs of the broken and the conquered.
>>
>>3253782
It's true that those things happened, and that America is a guilty country.
I would still say it's wrong though, saying those things *built* America.
>>
>>3253782
>stolen land
Yes
>genocide
Partially
>slavery
Nope. Slave societies can't build shit, and America only truly prospered once they abolished it.
>>
>>3253789
>genocide
that word doesn't mean what you think it means, my friend
>>
>>3253804
whataboutism isn't an excuse
>>
>>3253847
>>3253850
>>3254587
"Other people did it too" is not an excuse.
>>
>>3253782
>stolen land
"conquered land" is not stolen
>genocide
of fucking course. The natives got fucked over by colonists
>slavery
Considering that after the 17th and mid 18th centuries it was confined mostly to the south, no
>>
It was never their land. Land cannot be stolen if it is not owned. Possession without ownership is merely use.
>>3253938
Norwegians have abused Samis for a while now, mate.
>>
>>3254700
It literally is though. Do or get done to, pussy.
>>
File: dw shiggy.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
dw shiggy.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>durr survival of the fittest doesn't count cos it hurts my feelings
>>
>>3253782
The game of conquering existed since the beginning of mankind, don't hate the player, hate the game. Either on a local, or global scale.

>American colonization
>African colonization
>Oceanian colonization
>Empire X
>Muh Constantinople
>Muh natives
>we wuz
>gib back rightful clay
No one likes bad losers
>>
>>3253782
as is the most other countries.
>>
Is it wrong to say that Europe was built on stolen land and genocide of the neanderthals?
>>
>>3253782
>genocide
>>
>>3254074
They feared the Inuit warrior.
>>
>>3254928
this guy gets it
>>
>>3253782
Yes, the overwhelming majority of America's wealth and prosperity has been due to industrialization. Stolen land, genocide and slavery was more an impediment than anything else, the actions of small-time thugs looking for short term gain. Had the US freed the slaves and adopted a more conciliatory attitude towards natives, inducting them into their system through trade and other means (as the Romans did with celtic client kingdoms for instance) they would have developed and expanded west more rapidly.
>>
>>3253782
that's how it is on this bitch of an earth
>>
If you can't defend your land, you don't deserve it. That's why Europe will be majority African/Asian in 50-100 years
>>
>>3253782
>this is what revisionists believe about the divinely ordained Manifest Destiny
>>
>>3254806
That's literally what's happening to the eurangutan race being replaced by mexican mongrels and muslkm peasants, but they keep being in denial of their soon extinction.
>>
>>3254862
Incas were superior to europeans though.
>>
>>3254806
>whites get bred out of their ancestral homelands
>SurvivalOfTheFittest.jpg
>>
>>3254692
Fuck off mental midget
>>
God I fucking hate anti-colonialists. It's such a nonsensical position to take, especially when it comes from within the state. I live in Australia, Victoria. They shoved anti-colonial rhetoric down my throat every moment of my school life.
>Whitey stole this land from the Indigenous First Peoples™ through genocide and we must acknowledge the legacy of racist colonialism that persists today.
What do you propose we do about it, if half your assertations are true? Apologise? Give it all back and go back to England? All this talk of "reconciliation" and no real proposal what should be done. The fucking aboriginals achieved equal rights in the 1970s, and now enjoy numerous legal and social advantages over regular Australians. What the fuck do they even want anymore? Why bitch and moan about the very colonisation which pulled the savage out of bestial squalor? If policies of genocide were truly enacted, why do you exist? Why do you deserve anything from me because my ancestors conquered yours? They should be grateful they aren't all dead or enslaved by the Chinese, although there's time enough for that.
>>
File: eurangatan.jpg (322KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
eurangatan.jpg
322KB, 640x360px
>>3255385
Hey incas are superior postere, I found this pic. Thought you might like it.
>>
File: eurangatan.jpg (170KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
eurangatan.jpg
170KB, 640x360px
>>3255385
scratch that, let me compress it a little
>>
>>3255541
that fat dude sitting there is probably in mortal danger
>>
>>3253782
America has never genocided anyone, the natives mostly died from disease which isn't genocide.
>>
>>3255576
yeah it was only a matter of time til they all spontaneously combusted, no harm no foul
>>
>>3255562
relax, it's a photoshop, if you look carefully at the background you can see the fat dude is laying on the grass while the orangatan is on a beach
>>
>>3254700
Stop being naive and applying morality to historical events.
>>
>>3253782

Nah, I wouldn't so much say genocide as much as I would say ethnic cleansing.

Its not the white man's fault he was better at conquering than the natives were at conquering each other.
>>
File: IMG_1477.jpg (33KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1477.jpg
33KB, 600x750px
>>3254796
>>
>>3255640
>Its not the white man's fault he was better at conquering than the natives were at conquering each other.

It is the white man's fault he has slaughtered thousands of innocent Native Americans though
>>
File: josipsmoke.jpg (58KB, 900x483px) Image search: [Google]
josipsmoke.jpg
58KB, 900x483px
>>3255606
I'm glad i checked up on this thread this post destroyed my sides
>>
>>3255640
>better
Wrong. Natives beat the Inca.
>>
>>3255682
Native Americans failed to create a centralized nation state that could resist the invaders.
One exception to this was the Cherokee who were remarkably good at adapting but even then, the Cherokee aristocracy were patrilineally descendes from white men.
>>
>>3255849
>Native Americans failed to create a centralized nation state that could resist the invaders.

And? That doesn't change the fact that white colonizers of the American continent were guilty of ethnic cleansing.
>>
>>3253782
No. It was built on conquest, genocide and slavery.

Basically this: >>3253804, although I think the main point is that America seems to pretend it's the only country which fights for muh freedoms (and has always fought for muh freedoms).
>>
>>3255636
What the fuck else are you supposed to do? Sit back and say "well, THEY thought they were right"? I agree it's not a very useful exercise to begin with, but if you're going to morally judge them, use your own morals.
>>
>>3254806
''Survival of the fittest'' is a double edged sword. It is easy to support it when you are in the victor's side. When you are in the receiving end though...
>>
>>3256459
"surbibal ub le fiddest" always reminds me of that Tex Avery droopy cartoon set in the old west where the black hat wolf character is about to shoot someone and says "I hate to do this to you, but it's THE LAWWW OF THE WEST".
>>
>>3255512
God I fucking hate anti-immigrants. It's such a nonsensical position to take, especially when it comes from within the state. I live in Australia, Victoria. They shoved anti-immigrant rhetoric down my throat every moment of my school life.
>Immigrants are breeding faster than us, so we should build an ethno state™ through genocide and we must acknowledge the legacy of racist colonialism that persists today.
What do you propose we do about it, if half your assertations are true? stop breeding? Give it all back and go back to where we came from? All this talk of "reconciliation" and no real proposal what should be done. The fucking Whites themselves stole this land, and now enjoy numerous legal and social advantages over the rest of the world. What the fuck do they even want anymore? Why bitch and moan about the very colonisation which they did against the natives? If policies of genocide were truly enacted, why do you exist? Why do you deserve anything from me because your ancestors stole this land? They should be grateful they aren't all dead or enslaved by the Chinese, although there's time enough for that.
>>
File: White_race.png (2MB, 1351x1938px) Image search: [Google]
White_race.png
2MB, 1351x1938px
>>3255541
>>3255534
White race is primal race
>>
File: White_people.png (47KB, 1307x848px) Image search: [Google]
White_people.png
47KB, 1307x848px
>>3256480
>The fucking Whites
>social advantages over the rest of the world.

Hmm.. sounds familiar
>>
>>3255512
>>
>>3253841
I know you're being ironic but this is actually a factual statement.
>>
>>3255849
Most of their states fell apart when diseases killed so many people it destroyed their societies. White settlers were merely fighting survivors of an apocalypse.
>>
>>3255678
>On a history board
>Admitting that human civilization has always been dog eat dog is edgy

How about fuck off back to Tumblr?
>>
>>3255732
Based Göring
>>
>>3255203
>they would have developed and expanded west more rapidly
How in your addled mind do you figure this? The primary friction between whites and natives was the unstoppable force of white settlers streaming west into lands natives used for hunting and gathering. In large measure the business of indian relations was conducted not by governments, but by private citizens who set up their settlements on their own initiative with dubious legality and little care what the government had to say about it and were willing to fight indians who lived there to preserve it. I don't believe you realize just how vast the American frontier was, how restless and individualistic the american people were and how meager the US government's tools were to policing it.
>>
>>3253782
Isn't this picture from Canada?
>>
File: >But my Evil Capitalism.png (38KB, 1322x180px) Image search: [Google]
>But my Evil Capitalism.png
38KB, 1322x180px
>>3254688
It pretty much does
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/genocide

>>3253998
Pic Related

Definition of genocide

: the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group
>>
>>3254706
>"conquered land" is not stolen
usually where people refer to "stolen land" is the governemtn going back on thier promoses and taking resevation land away from natives.

Indian reservations used to be gigantic.you ever see a map of Indian reservations where there's a ton of little one sprinkled across a large area? that was one big reservation.
>>
File: mime-attachment-7.jpg (341KB, 608x806px) Image search: [Google]
mime-attachment-7.jpg
341KB, 608x806px
>>3254806
>>durr survival of the fittest doesn't count cos it hurts my feelings
sorry for hurting your feelings
>>
>>3253782
>genocide
not really
>stolen land
to a great degree yes
>and slavery
partially yes
>>
>>3254700
>>3254692
noone used it as an excuse
>>
>>3253782
Its redundant since every country is built on genocide and conquest.
>>
>>3257417
Wrong.

But the sole presence of europeans on America started the disease Apocalipsis to Natives.
>>
>>3253789
>It's not genocide if you do it unintentionally.

>>3256683
>Definition of genocide
>: the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group

You're just being deliberately obtuse now. What was the reservation system? What was Indian removal? What were the boarding schools? What was all of that if not intentional actions to destroy their culture and identities, which by your definition is GENOCIDE?
>>
>>3257436
>Wrong.
Name one country with no history of violence
>>
>>3257516
Genocide isn't War.
>>
>>3253789
the california genocide was absolutely intentional and done with state backing
>>
>>3257461
When the majority of the Native Americans in the US died from disease resulting from contact with the Europeans and the things you mentioned were explicitly used to Europeanize the Native population rather than actually kill them, I'd say you're being obtuse.
>>
>>3257553
>used to Europeanize the Native population rather than actually kill them
I'd simply liken that to ethnocide, and 2bh that sort of stuff bothers me a lot more.

Not him btw.
>>
>>3257553
>it doesn't matter that there was a deliberate and dedicated policy of ethnic cleansing across the united states by private citizens and federal government alike because small pox ravaged the continent more than a century earlier
>>
>>3257593
It's not really any sort of "-cide" since that postfix involves the actual murder (intentional killing) of a group of people with some particular trait (e.g. regicide: one who murders a king, patricide/matricide: one who murders their father/mother, etc.). The best term for it is cultural replacement, really, since it aptly describes whats going on. I'm not saying that any of it is good at all, or that it really was necessary (it really wasn't and it is very disturbing to see any culture destroyed, in my mind) seeing that I think it's one of the main reasons the Native Americans are so fucked up today. I honestly wished that it didn't happen so that we could see America's golden period (at least in relation to the massive growth of our economy and nations size in general) be less tragic for the Natives and at least integrate them into our society instead of distancing them away from it, so they themselves could experience America's freest and probably most prosperous period in unison with everyone else in the nation.
>>
>>3253782
It's not wrong to say it. It's just wrong.
>>
>>3257652
Quite frankly you simply don't understand what the native people wanted and what they fought and died for. "Integrating" natives meant destroying their entire way of life. It meant severing ties to their ancestors, their customs, their language, their religion, everything that held meaning for them. "Integration" wasn't as simple as putting on new clothes and picking up a hoe. It meant the abrogation of everything they had practiced since time immemorial. It meant forfeiting rights to sacred land, to burial practices, to religious ceremony, to coming of age rituals. When you have two cultures with entirely irreconcilable views of living, 'integration' means the destruction and replacement of one by the other.
>>
>>3257553
>the majority of the Native Americans in the US died from disease resulting from contact with the Europeans
Absolutely true, but I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about intentional and concerted efforts by Euro-Americans to destroying Native Americans as a group (and thus destroying their political and military resistance) by wiping out their identity and culture

>kill the Indian, save the man
>>
>>3253847
Portugal
>>
It's true to say, but I think it's disengenous to then assume that this is the sole foundation and that there weren't other principals involved. There's good and band in every creation story. That's how things go.

As someone in the thread already said, it's best to accept the good and the bad and learn to progress from here. It would be futile to break down everything and attempt once more with a new foundation especially because this would probably require new evil to manifest itself once more in any new potential foundation.
>>
>>3257793
But that's not genocide. That's cultural replacement, which is honestly just as bad because it leads to the original population being pretty fucked up (e.g. the Native American population today and to a degree, a lot of post-Soviet states). I'm not an advocate for the destruction of culture of any kind really. I'm just legalistic about words.
>>
>>3253782

>stolen land

It's not stealing if the natives did not believe in ownership in the first place.

>genocide

There weren't many Indians to begin with, and most of them were killed by disease.

>slavery

Maybe, although I think the expenses of keeping the blacks around have surpassed the profits of slavery by now.
>>
>>3253810
What other country has America in its name?
>>
>>3257958
>tribe property
Yep. That's why they attacked intruders. The same as you can share your things with your family, or as ancient times happened, with your clan or tribe.
>genocide
>what about x?
Nope.
>slavery
>maybe
Not maybe. It happened.
>>
>>3257960
The same people who have Arabia in its name, yet its incorrect to call just them arabs.

America belongs to the Amerindians. Americans are all Native Americans.
>>
>>3257972
>implying it's incorrect to call an arab an arab

Butthurt spanish rapebaby spotted, falklands is British.
>>
>>3257981
It's simple. United Statians are Americans the same as Canadians are Americans.

Got it?
>>
>>3257972
There are two countries with 'Arab' in their names, and 95% of the live in the single Saudi Arabian country, so it is correct to call people from Saudi Arabia 'Arabs'
There is only one country with America in its name, so it's correct to the citizens 'Americans'
Please cease your shitposting
>>
>>3257969

How did the United States of America genocide Native Americans?
>>
>>3257984
Spanish rapebaby crying "m-muh estados unidos" as with all spics forcing through this meme.

Falklands belongs to the British.
>>
>>3257986
Wrong. Morocans are also called arab. Arab is a name for a wide ethnicity.

Arab is a widely used name that doesn't have anything to do with the country's name.

>>3257992
Aaaand the retard just demonstrated his low IQ.

United Statians is a more accurate name. "Americans" is a forced meme for centuries. It's an "exception" that tries to justify itself, yet it doesn't make sense.

Americans are all the people who live or were born in America (the real definition of Americas).
>>
>>3257987
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide_of_indigenous_peoples#Indian_Removal_and_the_Trail_of_Tears
>>
>>3257528
He didn't say war, he said violence. Don't be a prick.
>>
>>3258003
Cute logic but 'American' is not an ethnicity it is a nationality only, so it doesn't apply to Americans.
>>
>>3253782
No. But that wasn't all that it was built upon.
>>
>>3253782
>stolen land

lil bit yeah

>genocide

No

>and slavery?

Not so much
>>
>>3258005

A single instance of mass deportation that resulted in a few thousand deaths. Genocides tend happen on a larger scale.
>>
>>3258013
Still a meme pushed for years, it doesn't even share a reason with other imposed names. You demanded a country which has a "group of people" name in itself, I showed you how the name Saudi Arabia doesn't imply that the people who live there are "arabs" just because.

United Statians or USians is the correct name.
>>
>>3258003
No, Moroccans are called Moroccans. Arabs are the inhabitants of the Arabic Peninsula. The main ethnic group is Berber with some Arab admixture.
>>
>>3257958
>natives did not believe in ownership

Shitty meme
>>
>>3258020
If you are going to wait for me to point the next paragraphs of the genocide section, you are going to wait forever, low IQ faggot.
>>
File: nice.png (8KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
nice.png
8KB, 300x224px
>>3258024
>>
>>3258020
the Navajo Long Walk was also a mass deportation of Native Americans that directly influenced Hitler. i know on 4chan i'm going to get some edgy response like "good" or "holohoax didn't happen," but to anyone who's a reasonable person, the specter of genocide (and the further implication of that being a bad thing) is raised when you look into things that influenced the orchestration of Nazi crimes
>>
>>3253850
>Anasazi by Hopi, Hopi by Navajo, Navajo by Spaniards
you realize that Hopi are a kind of Ancestral Pueblo and that several tribes of Pueblo Indians still exist today, existed when the Spanish came and had a massive Revolt against them, and that Navajo are and were nomadic groups that didn't permanently settle/colonize the Pueblo, right? it's almost as if you have just internalized this meme to deflect attention from the qualitatively different nature and intentionality of the formation of the United States, Australia, and other settler-colonial societies on the one hand and other episodes of historical conquest and ethnic/nationalist replacement
>>
>>3253957
>left Greenland and Canada
>implying they weren't stranded there because of the Little Ice Age and isolated from food and other trade supplies from broader Viking world system
>implying they didn't end up dead in their shitty little colonies 'cause they refused to learn skraeling agriculture and stubbornly thought Northern European agriculture would work in a completely different location and climate
nice revisionism
>>
>>3258023
>i called it a meme, you're now wrong haha
I only demanded you show me a country other than the USA with America in its name, you have failed to do so.
It's correct to call Americans 'Americans'.
You wouldn't call any other country's peoples 'Americans' because there is nothing to give them that name, there is no continent called 'America', you have South America and North America. The only names you can give are North Americans and South Americans, but the USA is an exception because it actually has the word America in its name.
Shitpost all you want but don't expect me to get triggered. :^)
>>
>>3258063
Nope. You keep parroting the same "muh country name" but that's not a reason to call the people over there like the entire continent. If you want to be called like your country is called, then let United-Statian or USian be.

>The Americas (also collectively called America)[3][4][5] encompass the totality of the continents of North and South America.[6][7][8] Together, they make up most of the land in Earth's western hemisphere[9][10][11][12][13][14] and comprise the New World.
It's easy to know you are united-statian.

Saudi Arabia has "Arabia" on its name, yet that's not a reason to call them arabs because of their name. Why would united-statians be an exception?

>shitpost
Buzzwords aren't arguments.
>>
>>3258003
Falklands belongs to the British and every person who is citizen in the United States is an American.
>>
>>3258071
But they are called arabs.

Stay mad. Falklands belongs to the British. Spics get fucked. 1848 best year of my life.
>>
>>3253957
>that fucking gimp armor
>literally no spears
>that helmet
>history channel
>>
>>3253782
No. It's wrong to deny it works and is a good thing when comparing the end result.
>>
>>3258071
Why is it so easy to spot triggered Mexicans on 4chan?

Are you all just one collective hivemind of autism occasionally purged by the next beheading or university students 'vanished' into the desert?
>>
the solution to this insufferable "Americans" conversation is that the United States go through an English renaming like Czechia - Unitia or some such things so we can all be Unitians or something.
>>
>>3258084
Complete autism.

The real solution is to bring the entire western hemisphere under the United States and genocide the spics.
>>
>>3258085
A white anglosphere empire?
>>
>>3258086
Manifest Destiny. It will be all America now.
>>
>>3258075
>>3258072
Moroccans are also arabs. The same as Canadians are Americans.

If you want us to give you a name, let united-statian or USian be.

Truly a low-IQ discussion. If you want more rigurosity:
>América is the second largest landmass of the planet, after Eurasia. It's divided by three SUBcontinents...
>>3258083
So instead of bringing facts, the "united-statian" chimps out...
How am I not surprised?
>>
Reminder that only spics are upset at everyone [else] calling Americans Americans.
Reminder they want to call themselves Americans because of the positive connotation that Americans have given the name through their country's achievements and renown.
Reminder that if Americans are changed to "United Statesians", and spics start calling themselves Americans, then the word American would become negative, associated with poverty, death, drugs, and shitty brown people, and United Statesian would become the new powerful word.
>>
>>3258084
United-statians will keep pushing for the "americans" meme till they fet wiped out of the earth's surface.
>>
>>3258098
>Reminder that if Americans are changed to "United Statesians", and spics start calling themselves Americans, then the word American would become negative, associated with poverty, death, drugs, and shitty brown people, and United Statesian would become the new powerful word.
That's great for you, don't you think?
>>
>>3258085
America belongs to the Amerindians. Go back to europe, eurangutan subhuman.
>>
>>3258103
I think instead of telling the entire planet to start calling us United Statesians, we'll stick with Americans, and you beaners can continue to be angry at your shitty and deserved reputation.

Besides, if we gave the word "United Statesians" a positive connotation, Mexicans would switch gears and try to claim they are United Statesians too since it's in their name.
>>
>>3258071
>The Americas
>Continent names are plural
I'm actually a Brit, sorry I meant to say Eurasian as I live in the Eurasian continents.
Anyway, just saying that my reason "isn't actually a good reason cuz i say so" . Call everything I say memes and buzzwords.
The country name is an will always be valid reason to call them Americans.
>>
>>3258118
why did half my sentences get delete mid post
>>
>>3258116
Nobody is telling anyone anything. We are discussing the reason why you kept pushing for "americans" as a name, even though united-statians or USians are better names for you.

> if we gave the word "United Statesians"
That's irrelevant though.
>>3258118
>3rd time getting BTFO
So why should they be called americans and not the rest of the continent?
>plural name
Actually the official name is translated as "America" by the first cartographer and the next ones.
>>
>>3258128
>the reason why you kept pushing for "americans" as a name, even though united-statians or USians are better names for you
try pronouncing United Statesians out loud
now try pronouncing Americans out loud
this isn't fucking brain surgery
>>
>>3258135
I've heard the beaner-tongue version is easier to pronounce.
>>
>>3258135
If you refer to commodity, then USians is better to be honest. Is that your reason?
>>
>>3258128
Oh boy I forgot there was a continent called just 'America'
>Why should they be called Americans and not the rest
Because no other country on the north or south continents (notice continentS not continent as there are two in question) has the word 'America' in their name.
>>
>>3258137
estadounidense is objectively more complicated and cumbersome than americans/americanos but they insist on using it out of this sense of pride. we should just start referring to both continents as Westonia and call ourselves Westonians just to trigger them
>>
>>3258095
>>3258106
America belongs to the White Man. Angry rape babies can only wish they had good genes, which is why all of your countries are shit. Every last one of them.

And Falklands is British.
>>
>>3258140
The country name is irrelevant, as moroccans and all "arabs" are called like that even though they don't live nor were born in Arabia Saudita.
Next reason.
>>
>>3258138
literally what does this post mean
>>
>>3258143
They're intentionally being obtuse because they're easily triggered mexicans angry about the Cession. You can't rhyme or reason emotionality, and their mangled pidgin English makes it even more hilarious.

1848 best day of my life!
>>
>>3253789
Was it proven that its unintentionally? Or is it just the white washed myth to deny any wrong doing?

Were there really no American settlers who knew germ theory and had no malice towards the native Americans? Were there really no American settlers who killed Native Americans by enslaving and mass murdering them?
>>
>>3258144
>>
>>3258148
It's better if you try not to decode garbled ESL student English, for your own sanity.

Non-anglos should be banned from non-/int/ 4chan because they can't express their opinions clearly.
>>
>>3258148
It's easier to spell USian.
>>
>>3258151
Here we go again.
>>
>>3258156
>silence them all!
t. united-statian
>>
>>3258159
He's right. Also you don't belong in this continent. America belongs to the Amerindians. Eurangatangs get out!
>>
>>3258150
It wasn't until the cholera epidemics of the middle 1800's that germ theory was formally delineated. By that point, smallpox, diptheria, malaria, measels had already ravaged the Amerindians, and cholera was next.
>>
>>3258160
>angry because he's bad at English

Try studying harder next time Pedro.
>>
>>3258147
Moroccans are often just called moroccans.
The use of 'Arab' to describe Arabic speaking contries is not ubiquitous, it's only used when talking about the Arab world in general, like when someone is talking about Latin Americans.
However American is a virtually universal term for those from the USA.
Next shitpost
>>
>>3258150
there are repeated incidents of individual and government-sanctioned organized efforts to kill/displace Native Americans throughout history. the real white washing here is the disease narrative, which likely didn't account for the majority or even plurality of North Native American deaths given that their populations were too spread out for disease cultures to advance with the swiftness they did in Central and South America. there's a reason American history books (sorry, libros historios Estadounidenses) kinda skip talking about Native Americans after Columbus except to bring up maybe Trail of Tears or Little Big Horn - they like to delude American students into thinking 1. that the extermination of Native Americans was much more accident than intention; 2. that the reservation system was a kindness put forward by a reformed and sorry America, and 3. that Native Americans are a figment of the deep past despite there being hundreds of thousands of them alive in reservations today
>>
>>3258164
My grandma told us we're 1/128th Sioux so suck fag.
>>
>>3258158
saying it out loud is cumbersome is my point. it fucks up the flow of the language
>>
>>3258172
Please, North American natives were devastated by disease spread by Hernando de Soto's expeditions. The entire Mississippian culture collapsed in on itself. All this 130 years before Jamestown.

What you are arguing for is revisionist history.
>>
>>3258086
Imagine...
Maybe if we had gotten a little more ambitious with the Mexican-American war, then we could've gotten on the road to that.
>>
>>3258185
what i'm arguing is for evidence-based challenging of the dominant popular narrative on this topic. read Dale Hutchinson for a good overview of the archaeological evidence for disease-based collapse in the SE United States and realize quickly how scant and problematic it actually is and how much more straightforward and robust the arguments to the contrary are.

t. archaeologist focused on North America
>>
>>3258171
>it's only used
No. It's used generally by all commom people. When they want to remark which country they are from, they say their country.
>universe
Just by your decreasing-population "anglosphere" """"world"""".

Aaand the conclusion is still the same arabs don't have to be called "Arabs" because they live on Arabia Saudi, but they are called like that for the arab ethnicity or other reasons such as culture or just their commom language.

>>3258180
You don't have to suck dicks while speaking.
>>3258175
Don't worry, USA is becoming United Hispanic States in less than 50 years from now. There are more non-white babies in the US than european ones. Time to get extinct'd!
>>
>>3258199
>I'm an archaeologist now read an opinion that isn't mine with sources I don't need to cite

You're a nationalist with narrow lenses.
>>
>>3258206
>Argues for literal white genocide
>surprised when /pol/ shitposts at you

Mexicans on 4chan
>>
>>3253782
So was the world.

/sadfacts.jpg
>>
>>3258225
>genocide mexicans!
>no u
>gets this reply >>3258225
United-statians...
>>
>>3258242
The difference is Mexicans aren't people.
>>
>>3258246
But mexicans are literally invading USA, that was predominantly white and governed by white people.

If mexicans aren't people, I wonder what kind of insect is the "white" """"man"""".
>>
>>3258206
Not everyone refers to moroccans as arabs.
>conclusion
This is once again different for the USA because the language and culture is separate from all the other countries except Canada. Unlike the Arab countries, America does not share a language, and is mostly protestant which is different from the religion of latin America which is mostly catholic.
My conclusion in this post is that most of what you say about the Arabic countries is not equivalent to the USA because they don't share the ethnicity and language of countries they share the landmass with.
>>
>>3258246
>>
>>3257593
if ethnocide bothers you more than genocide you might just be a psychopath
>>
File: trump-wall[1].jpg (108KB, 792x648px) Image search: [Google]
trump-wall[1].jpg
108KB, 792x648px
>>3258262
>invading USA

For now. Once your cousins are back south of the border where they should be, are you just gonna behead them?
>>
>>3258268
Incas weren't superior to the smegma on my uncut European dick.
>>
>>3258220
it's not my personal opinion. Hutchinson's work is partially driving a new consensus that Native American population collapse was multicausal and that disease was not the central factor. and i literally did cite evidence by mentioning a name that's easily Google-able, but if you'd like to read a specific paper and have access to academic resources:

1991 Postcontact Native American health and adaptation: assessing the impact of introduced diseases in sixteenth century Gulf Coast Florida

1992 Population decline and extinction in La Florida

2001 Frontiers of Contact: Bioarchaeology of Spanish Florida [link to preview: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1023/A:1011180303211]

2006 Tatham Mound and the bioarchaeology of European contact: disease and depopulation in central Gulf Coast Florida

a lot of Hutchinson's and other scholars' conclusions rest on the reality that Spanish contact brought more than just disease. stress on Native food supplies by violent Spanish conquistadors, increased workloads imposed on Native Americans when Spanish mission settlements emerged, and other such factors had equally if not more deleterious impact on Native populations

and it's just logical, right? like if you don't have big urban settlements a la Central and South America, epidemic disease is not going to completely wipe you out the same way. if you're some of the more northly and westernly groups of Native Americans and you have minimal trade contact with areas where European colonists are showing up, it's pretty wild that you would be impacted by disease epidemics. there's also the fact that a lot of the Spanish entradas weren't reported to be suffering from epidemic diseases by historical records and would have been very unlikely to be carrying them hundreds of years after such epidemic outbreaks (remember that the Spanish colonial efforts in North America took place over several centuries).
>>
>trade beads for land
>stolen
Can't help if you have terrible bartering skills.
>>
>>3258265
>not everyone
Yeah, the decreasing-population "anglosphere" """"world"""" doesn't.

They are still arabs.

People don't have to share the Arab ethnicity. People call turks arab even though they are caucasian.

The conclusion is the same: The country's name doesn't exclude the people who live in the continent called America. Canadians are Americans because they live on America.

>>3258274
>for now
Forever.
>trump
pffffffff
>>3258282
>invades land
Give it back, whitey.
>>
>>3258281
>have a bunch of sources from two decades ago

>it's a "new consensus"!
>A lot of people believe it honest!

Yawn, another nationalist anon falling for a pet hypothesis.
>>
File: 20160730_woc906[1].png (284KB, 1190x708px) Image search: [Google]
20160730_woc906[1].png
284KB, 1190x708px
>>3258290
Keep telling yourself that Hablo.
>>
>>3258290
You had numerous attempts like with Geronimo or Crazy Horse. Each one failed.
>>
>>3258297
You are right, in 50 years from now there won't be a need to invade it, united statians will have 100% mexican genes.
>>
>>3258299
>failed
You are literally being replaced. How is that a failure?
>>
>>3258294
the reason these articles are two decades old is because they're babby's first redpill for this idea. Hutchinson just published another article about this in a 2015 or 2016 volume, but it would be a horrible place to start because the bioarchaeology of North America has become much more specific as a direct result of Hutchinson's influence

would you care to give me recent archaeological sources that support your conclusion? because you will find very few, and they'll be from dinosaur scholars who say that we don't quite have enough evidence to completely overturn the old paradigm. but if you go back in the literature, you see that the old paradigm was formed from convenience in a time when the detailed studies Hutchinson and other bioarchaeologists are doing wasn't possible and has proven difficult to overturn because it's taken as given by older scholars rather than because it is a robust scientific theory (not to mention that it's obviously very ingrained in the popular imagination, as evidenced by your frothing stupidity)
>>
>>3258277
Try again with some facts, eurangutan subhuman.

Incas were superior to europeans. History demonstrates it. Get over it, chimpo.
>>
>>3258290
>people call turks Arab
They don't mate, not anywhere is this the majority term, not in any country. I know your instinct response is that "everyone who doesn't speak english totally does trust me", and it's just autism in a concentrated solution.
>Turks are caucasian
The Turks came from central asia you idiot.

So basically after as slew of shitty posts,you come full circle by once again saying there is a place or continent simply called 'America', which is completely wrong.
Are you trying to make me mad with all this effortposting?
>>
File: 1492870000910.jpg (12KB, 200x219px) Image search: [Google]
1492870000910.jpg
12KB, 200x219px
>>3258271
Or I just don't like the destruction of a remaining peoples' cultural and historical background as the cherry on top. As if it's not enough that most of died, their entire identity has to be wiped clean too.
>>
File: sq.png (38KB, 671x483px) Image search: [Google]
sq.png
38KB, 671x483px
>>3258328
>literally have to make numerous arcticles to convince people to not call them arabs
>"people don't call them arabs"
Heh
>caucasian
Ok.

The point is still the same.

Canadians have the right to be called Americans the same as united-statians.
>>
>>3258328
>there is no country called america
Literally the people who named the enormous land mass called it "America". Unless you accept a non-english text of the matter you will only see people pushing for the "Americas" meme.

The first cartographer called the entire landmass, America. Are you gonna deny that?
>>
>>3258314
You were talking about the Red Revolts, I mention they all failed. You switch to the Mexican's increase in illegally crossing instead of legally immigrating. If you call that replacement, than I guess the Nicaraguans, Guatemalans, and Haitians are replacing Mexicans in Mexico.

>>3258323
If the Incas were so superior to Europeans, why did the Spanish of all people wipe the floor with them so easily?

>>3258337
I take it you aren't a fan of the Monroe Doctrine. Since that was what kicked the French out of Mexico. If it wasn't for Americans, you would probably be speaking French, and saluting to Maximilian's lineage.
>>
>>3258345
It is no longer correct to call the entire landmass 'America' so while it was discovered as 'America' it doesn't make it incorrect to all people form the USA Americans today.
Your argument literally depends on a centuries old definition
>>
>>3258355
*call people from
>>
>>3258350
>red revolts
Hmm?
No. Some gringo talked about genociding mexicans, then I just pointed out the invasion of mexicans on USA.
>>3258350
Irrelevant. The continent is called America and the people who live in the country called America deserves to be called American, the same as the people who lives in europe can be calle "european".
>>3258355
>it's no longer correct
By english texts, meanwhile the people who discovered the land and made maps of the continent, still call them America and recognizes it's a singular continent. Try again.
>>
>>3258350
Wrong. Natives beat the Inca. Eurangutans just kept backstabbing each other, even their own kind.

Inca superiority is a historical fact. Face your inferiority, monkey.
>>
>>3258361
We are all speaking in English here, so the English terms are correct.
'American' is an English word.
>>
>>3258361
>The continent is called America and the people who live in the country called America deserves to be called American
too bad they aren't.
>>
>>3258365
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cajamarca

lul
>>
>>3258361
Wikipedia claims you are wrong on the subject on the demonym on what you are supposed to call people in the United States of America. You can try editing it and see how far that goes.
>>3258365
Explain the Battle of Cajamarca, where 168 Spaniards beat around 7,000 Incans.
>>
>>3258369
The "meme" who became legal isn't a valid answer, as the rest of the world considers it a continent.

The translation of "continent" existence, doesn't have anything to do with definitions.

America is a continent. The people who lives in the American continent can be called Americans. Fin.
>>3258370
So you recognize the reasons? If you don't want to call them like that, we all already knew you wouldn't. The "american" meme is invalid.
>>
File: 1500811831555.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1500811831555.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>tfw some retarded incaposter handing out low quality bait criticizing Europeans is enough to trigger most of this board into a hissy fit
Can whites really not take what they dish out?
>>
>>3258378
>The rest of the world considers it one continent
>America is a continent
Nope and Nope.
What's it like being wrong in every single post?
>>
>>3253782
Yes, 95% of them died of disease, so 95% of the land was unused. We just filled the void and the natives got all pissy about it.
>>
>>3258377
>>3258386
>wikipedia
You mean Anglopedia. If you are gonna ignore the consensus of the people who discovered the land and recognize it, then go on. Repeating conclusions of "anglos" without citing reasons isn't an argument.
>>
>>3258378
>So you recognize the reasons? If you don't want to call them like that, we all already knew you wouldn't. The "american" meme is invalid.
too bad "american" is already accepted nomenclature for united states citizens and has been for a while. if the 50 iq brown boys south of the border can't handle that then it's their own problemo.
>>
>>3258380
>americans
>white

It's brown vs brown as per usual
>>
>>3258394
That's why we are discussing its validity, as the meme became "valid" without a reason. So you agree it has no reason?
>>
>>3258393
>Wikipedia is biased against me
Probably because you are wrong. Every article relies on citations and sources to make it as accurate as possible.
>>
>>3258377
>poisoned and unarmed people
>battle
All that chronicle and archeological remnants demonstrates how all this "conquest legend" is made up bullshit.

Incas were superior to europeans. History demonstrates it. Get over it, chimp.
>>
>>3258406
so it's semantics and place names then.
>>
Yeah but what nation isn't?
>>
>>3258410
>biased
You can literally check the spanish language of the "America" arcticle. Will you do it?
>>
>>3258393
It is factually correct that North and South America are different continent and no amount of shitposting and bullshit is going to change it.
Face it, you're wrong and everyone else in this thread thinks so.
>>
>>3258416
The existence of a continent doesn't depend on traductions or semantics. The people who discovered the land and named it conclude that its called America. It's pretty simple.
>>
>>3258427
See>>3258420
>>
>>3258432
I don't speak Spanish, and I don't use Spanish definitions.
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>3258439
>the existence of a continent depends on definitions
>reddit
You really are a united-statian, don't you?
>>
>>3258414
sounds like you're just salty you got your asses handed to you on your own land.
>>
>>3258446
>the existence of a continent depends on definitions
Your argument literally depends on the fact that Spanish has a different definition than English.
>>
>>3258450
Try again with some facts, "monkey".

History demonstrates Inca superiority. Get over it, subhuman.
>>
>>3258446
you are literally making this same argument. by your logic, native american names for the landmass should be used cause they were first humans to show up on the landmass
>>
>>3258453
>the existence of a continent depends on one argument of a person
You really are a united-statian, don't you?
>>
>>3258430
and american is short for a citizen of the united states, no amount of beaner butthurt will change that.
>>
>>3258420
>My Spanish article is correct and your English one is wrong
I decided to check the French and German wikipedia articles, and they say North and South American continents.

That's three wikipedias to your one.
>>
>>3258460
I like how you've just subtly accepted that your argument is hopeless as nobody has bought into your bullshit
>>
>>3258457
What have the Incans provide to the world since Tupac Amaru?
>>
>>3258457
>facts
you're an inferior people who were easily conquered and subjugated.
>>
>>3258458
>>3258466
The argument is basically how the nowadays consensus handle the existence of the continent. The spanish people have something to do with the naming of the continent. English people just morphed the definition after its naming.

Nowadays the consensus is that America is a continent, but the anglosphere still doesn't accept this fact. You can follow your anglofriends, but I'm just trying to remind you that spanish and portuguese have more status as the discoverers to conclude if the landmass is a continent or not. Don't you think?
>>3258461
Also USian.
>>3258473
You implied that, not me.
>>
>>3253782
>native americans kill and enslave each other since the dawn of civilization
>white man shows up with guns
>does literally the exact same thing
>is more successful
>ergo, Hitler

all of civilization was built on the backs of the weak, it still is in fact. everyone in this thread decrying the crimes of western civilization is wearing a T shirt made in El Salvador by some 9 year old working 16 hour shifts every day for pocket change, yet you rarely hear a peep about them, weird.
>>
>>3258399
No, this shit happens all the time and on multiple threads. All the faggot has to do is post "Incans were superior to Europeans," and there will be a host of idiots eager to take the b8. I can't tell you how many threads I've seen derailed.
>>
>>3258476
Wrong. Amerindians developed at a faster rate and made more advancements in less time than eurangutans. They even had more disadvantages, yet they reached the bronze age in less time than the euchimpean savages.

Incas were superior to europeans. History demonstrates it. Deal with it, bonobo.
>>3258476
>anything post pestilence genocide
Let's see if eurangutans can develop "anything" after they get 90% decimated, their middle-higher and elites murdered, their entire culture obliterated and their people enslaved to death on some toxic mines for 200 years.
>>
>>3258488
>"genocide mexicans"
>"inferior beings"
>"kill all natives"
>not derailing the thread
Hmm...
>>
>>3258483
I see you're now posting on multiple threads. Can anyone stop your shitposting tyranny
>>
>>3253877
Laughed hard.
Kinda starting to like this meme.
>>
>>3258483
>Nowadays the consensus is that America is a continent, but the anglosphere still doesn't accept this fact

>France and Germany
>""anglosphere""
beaner education everyone. this is why nobody takes you seriously.
>>
>>3258052
What IS Clovis Culture?
>>
>>3258493
They hardly advanced at all. The majority were still mesolithic foragers with no written language at the time of contact.
>>
>>3258499
I'm not implying that the pro-genocide shitposting is better, I'm saying the people who respond to the incaboo are especially thin-skinned. It's pretty funny actually.
>>
>>3258503
I just intercepted the other's guy discussion. Not everyone is a single anon, anon.
>>3258508
>france and germany
They literally mention that the the "americas" definition comes from anglos, and the America real definition comes from the people who discovered the land.
How many times are you gonna skip the text, united-statian?
>>
>>3258522
Just ban all the people who post from pol and both problems will be solved, I've read on /sci/ that the Inca poster comes from /pol/.
>>
People from the Dominican Republic are called Dominicans. Unlike states, America is a proper noun, the suffix gets added to it.

Revisionists and there quarrels with established sciences.
>>
>>3258532
*their
>>
>>3258516
Wrong. Amerindians reached America 15000 years after eurangutans settled on eurangutanland. Yet they reached the bronze age in less time than those pestilent euchimpeans.

Incas were superior to europeans. History demonstrates it. Face it, subhuman.
>>
>>3258532
Again, the name of the country doesn't forbid other people to be called Americans. There is a country called America, and the people who live there, the same as europeans who live in europea, can be called americans.

As the country Arabia Saudi doesn't forbid other people to be called arabs, US isn't an exception.
>>
>>3258526
and the word "american" typically refers to people from the united states because america is in the name. you crying about terminology or place names being "inaccurate" to you isn't going to change anything.
>>
>>3258555
>tipically
Only on the decreasing-population of the "anglosphere" """"world"""".

So you admit there is no valid reason? Now you are just saying "still we aren't doing it!".

Typical united-statian...
>>
>>3258540
Lul most injuns didn't even have a culture of metal working prior to european discovery, even most so called advanced cultures were mediocre compared to Mycenaean Greece or even Minoa. Maybe neolithic would be more accurate.

>>3258548
>As the country Arabia Saudi doesn't forbid other people to be called arabs
That's because Arab is mostly a cultural term that isn't confined to one country.
>>
>>3258562
>mycenaean
>minoan
All derived from middle-eastern and north-african cultures. When did these people live?
>>
File: nutsack.jpg (841KB, 1223x1063px) Image search: [Google]
nutsack.jpg
841KB, 1223x1063px
>>3253789
Unintentional genocide is worse.
At least intentional genocide is the result of a philosophical decision.
Unintentional genocide is a result of sloth, greed, wrath, and stupidity come together over and over, over a long span of time.
Anyone with half a brain could see from a mile away what manifest destiny would due to the natives.
>>
>>3258558
actually in most of the world, i'm so sorry that doesn't include your little mud hut village in sudacaland.

>So you admit there is no valid reason?
their country is called the "united states of america", stupid. calling them americans has been accepted nomenclature for centuries. the best case you can argue is that "america" could also refer to people from the new world, in addition to u.s americans.
>>
>>3258548
>the same as europeans who live in europea, can be called americans.
wat
As for Arabs I believe the usual term is Saudi. Everything in Semite languages ends in -i, Israeli, Iraqi.
>>
File: AmericanSlaves.jpg (33KB, 518x389px) Image search: [Google]
AmericanSlaves.jpg
33KB, 518x389px
>>3256490
I think the typical leftist argument (whether correct or not) hinges less on genetic superiority of whites, and more on history, natural resources, trade routes, wars, famines, disease, and completely INCIDENTAL advantages rather than "inherent ones."

I.e. "Whites got lucky" not "Whites are better."

See, for instance, Guns, Germs and Steel.
>>
>>3258568
>mycenaean
derives from the greek bronze age.

>minoan
a local development, with a script thought to be underived from previous works.
>>
>>3258562
>>3258578
>because there is a reason
So there is a reason? And it's enough to call people outside Arabia Saudi as arabs. America is a continent. People who live in America are Americans. Arab world is pretty diverse, some of them aren't even muslims, yet they are arabs.

The American continent has different cultures, yet all of them are Americans.
>>3258577
See>>3258526
>>
>>3258589
Ceramic, paintings, bronze trade, all of the artistic and technological manifestations have a strong egyptian and middle-eastern influence.

When did they live?
>>
>>3258593
Well there's really no issue as calling people of the Americas "people of the Americas" avoids confusion. Using American for other abstract, inanimate, non human concepts would be fine as would using "of the United States".
Arabs tend to live on a continuous stretch of land despite consisting of two continents. By that metric you'd have to call people of the Americas European.
Also the culture of Latin America can be distinguished from North America or more accurately "Anglo America".
>>
>>3258587
>incidental
Well, considering that the Inca empire suffered the death of the Inca just before he could decide the sucesor, and the extremely lucky meeting between the winner of the Inca civil war and Pizarro when the Inca was returning to the capital.

Also, the fact that 90% of natives died.
>>
>>3258593
>And it's enough to call people outside Arabia Saudi as arabs
because "arab" is a cultural identity and not strictly tied to geography, lot's of historically non-arab people were arabized during the islamic expansions. regardless, the united states of america is a country, people from there are called americans.
pretty simple.
>>
>>3258614
>>3258624
>continuous
America is naturally a single stretch of land except some islands. But Iceland is called europe too, so... Do I go on?

It's pretty simple. The people from europe continent is called european. The people from America continent is called American. That's the way it is.

The point I made is that the name of a country isn't enough to forbid the people to call Moroccans arabs.
>>
>>3258597
Lol stop trying to pull a bernal to shift goalposts.

minoa is dated to around 2700 b.c, greece followed that.
>>
>>3258630
Arabs aren't separated by an ocean though. Not all people of the Americas are of European heritage. Also of the Americas could also be used for concepts besides people. Rarely will you here anyone talk of something like "the American economy" in an international sense.
>>
>>3258631
>goalposts
Inca superiority is a fact. You tried to show me a "civilization" who got all they culture from other more advanced civilizations.

Also, 2700BC + 15000 offset = 12300AC
Not even a chance, chimpo.

Incas were superior to europeans. History demonstrates it. Prepare your luggage.
>>
>>3258638
The arab point demonstrates how a country's name isn't enough to forbid people to use the name on outsiders.

As europeans get called that for living on europe, the people who live on the America continent may be called Americans.

Haven't you got it yet?
>>
>>3258630
iceland is considered part of europe because it falls under their sphere of influence and was initially colonised by europeans.

>isn't enough to forbid the people to call Moroccans arabs.
moroccans are moroccans, many are predominantly berber descended although some identify as arab, which is a cultural identity and much more disputed.
>>
>>3258642
It would cause confusion and should be avoided since no other continent has a country with it's name.
>>
>>3258640
>You tried to show me a "civilization" who got all they culture from other more advanced civilizations
And you're literally trying to pull a Bernal except you're too stupid make any real arguments. Aegian civilizations derived from local area cultures that preceded them, that they had contact with other civilizations is not new.
>>
>>3258646
Well, the people from Arabia Saudi gets called saudis. There is no practical problem.

USians or united-statians are better names.
>>
>>3258654
"american" has worked fine for centuries.
>>
>>3258651
You showed me a civilization who was actually inferior to its neighbouts. Are you even trying?

Also, 12300AC isn't impressive.

Inca superiority remains unrefuted. Get over it, simian.
>>
>>3258646
Scratch that as there is one but it's the 'Central African Republic' and the people there are called Central Africans despite Central Africa containing more nations.
>>
>>3258658
>has been pushed for centuries
So your only reason is that you are used to its name?
>>
>>3258654
Statian goes against traditional morphological conventions across all pertinent languages since states isn't a proper noun.
>>
>>3258674
State is a proper noun. Thus statian, or maybe stattish. There are multiple possibilities outside the "American" name who belongs to the entire continent population.
>>
>>3258690
>State is a proper noun.
No it's not outside of this one context. Proof if otherwise.
>>
>>3258660
>You showed me a civilization who was actually inferior to its neighbouts
I showed you several civilizations that both predated and were superior to anything in the new world, you proceeded to go full damage control by pulling a Bernal with your sub-wiki tier knowledge.
>>
File: state.png (14KB, 644x351px) Image search: [Google]
state.png
14KB, 644x351px
>>3258698
pfff
>>3258700
Wrong. Amerindians started the civilization race 15000 years after eurangutans. They had an offset of 15000 years of development, yet they reached the bronze age in pretty much less time having more disadvantages.

Get over it, bonobo. Inca superiority is a historical fact. hehehe
>>
>>3258690
I mean there's also an Islamic State. Do we call them Islamic Statians or Islamics as is how they seem to have purposely made their name for them to be called.
>>
>>3258698
I was going to post it. Even the shitposter knows how to google it better than you.>>3258708
>>
>>3258665
it's been acceptable nomenclature for a citizen of the united states of america for centuries, it's use even goes back to the british colonies.
>>
>>3258708
Lol, this dumb.
>A proper noun is a noun that in its primary application refers to a unique entity, such as London, Jupiter, Sarah, or Microsoft, as distinguished from a common noun, which usually refers to a class of entities (city, planet, person, corporation), or non-unique instances of a specific class (a city, another planet, these persons, our corporation).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proper_noun
>>
>>3258709
Well, calling them islamists will imply all people following islam is from ISIS. The same happens with united statians. The people who lives on the continent America can be called American.
>acceptable
>anglosphere
It's been pushed by them, yet the rest of the world doesn't accept it quite yet. Hmm...
>>3258718
Isn't United States' capitalized nouns implying they are proper nouns?
>>
>>3258708
>Wrong. Amerindians started the civilization race 15000 years after eurangutans
Europe was actually settled in waves over many thousands of years and suffered diseases, natural disasters, population extinctions and other catastrophes and movements. It was not a straight shot. Amerindians didn't even have a civilization outside a a few tiny examples, which generally came much later after the old world and were inferior in most regards.

>bronze age
Lol
>>
>>3258727
See >>3258698

Islamists also refers to an established ideology. Islamics is not really used. Anyways they seeing themselves as the rightful rulers of a global caliphate probably planned to take up the name of all Muslims. If they were hypothetically recognized perhaps Islamicans or Islamese would also work.
>>
>>3258727
>yet the rest of the world doesn't accept it quite yet. Hmm...
the rest of the world still calls americans, americans. again maybe not in your 20 pop sudaca goat village but to everyone else it's common sense.
>>
>>3258734
All of them happened to amerindians, also there was a continental isolation (north-south, east-west), the Niño fenomena wiping out coastal cities and devastating the climate for years, less cultures to trade with, less time to develop yet more achievements over time, and no northafrican nor anatolian civilizations to give them the wheel, writing, horses, iron nor naval technology. Yet amerindians developed some of them on their own.

Incas were superior to europeans. Get over it, chimpo.
>>
>>3258738
>If they were hypothetically recognized perhaps Islamicans or Islamese would also work.
Great for them. Yet the people who live on the continent America can also be called american for the same reason people from europe is called european.

The arab example showed how a country's name can't forbid a group of people to be called the country's name. Anything else?
>>3258741
So you accept there is no reason?
>>
>>3258741
Nah not anon but they in Spanish they actually use estado-unidense which reverses the words, 'estado' (state) 'unido' (united) so State Unitedan, Unitednese?
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/estado-unidense
>>
>>3258745
None of which are remotely comparable to the scale of what was happening in the old world at the time, which suffered massively from wars, plagues, huge population overturns, migrations, etc. Not to mention much of this has been recorded, unlike in the Americas where most of the population were primitive hunter gatherers with no written language or any real accomplishments, even archery was introduced far later to the Indians than in old world cultures.

>less time to develop yet more achievements over time
On the contrary, they had a much, much more stable population history which shows in their high levels of continuity and were largely shielded by the ills of the old world. Yet they were still an inferior people, and to this day are still struggling to live in civilized society like human beings.
>>
Thank you for reminding me leftists are intellectually inferior retards. I wish the cold war lasted another 50 years and we butchered you all
>>
>>3253789
>Manifest Destiny wasn't intentional
>>
>>3258768
Hey fuck off I'm leftist and liberally inclined and I'm actually defending logic better than any of you rightcucks here so neck yourself.
>>
>>3258757
>So you accept there is no reason?
jesus dude "american" is simply short for usa citizen it has been for a while now.

>>3258760
that's pretty weird i admit. i've heard "americano" before and it sounded pretty normal.
>>
>>3258767
I want date from some of those events.
>stable population history
Wrong. Literally most advanced civilizations developed on rivers and already modifyied for thousands years soil, yet amerindians had less time to develop and developed civilization in less time than eurangutans. Also, specially the Inca ancestors, couldn't develop fully on coastal civilizations due to the Niño fenomena.

Let's see how do eurangutans behave after killing 90% of their people, murdering their elites and middle-class high class eurangutans, enslave them to live on toxic mines for 200 years and destroy all their remnants of culture.

Thus, history has demonstrated Inca superiority. Get over it, monkey.
>>
>>3258768
Don't lump liberal sjw swine into "left".
Liberals are not leftists.
>>
>>3258780
>it's been pushed for a while
Yep.
>americano
From mongrels? Chicanos are really weird.

Yet the people who lives in the America continent can also be called Americans. How is this simple observation that hard to comprehend?
>>
>>3258760
>which reverses the words
In Spanish, nouns precede adjectives. They are always gramatically spoken this way.
>>
>>3258788
>was destroyed
>"history has demonstrated Inca superiority"
>>
>>3258802
Can the monkey explain itself? There is a keyboard in from of it, so it can express its "thoughts" clearly.

Inca superiority remains unrefuted. Why is this fact that hard to grasp for eurangutans?
>>
>>3258791
Sjws are just commercialists or consumerists. Just a socially divergent brand of it.
>>
File: RomanEmpire.jpg (193KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
RomanEmpire.jpg
193KB, 1000x600px
Want to make a note here.
As a REAL leftist and not an SJW Liberal Retard, I don't believe that race doesn't exist until I want it to, just to further a white guilt narrative. That shit is fucking retarded.

I WANT MY REPARATIONS FROM THE ITALIANS, FOR COLONIZING AND OPPRESSING MY CELTIC ANCESTORS AND STEALING THEIR LAND AND CULTURE
>>
>>3258791
I'm a sjw. Why do you people on this site hate us?
>>
File: LiberalContradiction.jpg (46KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
LiberalContradiction.jpg
46KB, 600x450px
>>3258842
Because you're fucking hypocrital and inconsistent as hell.
>>
>>3258788
Lol? Are you really asking me for a timeline of the history of European wars and famines? Why don't you try the bronze age collapse, the rapid replacement and near extinction of many mesolithic european cultures by the EEF, the early Bronze Age Indo-European invasion which led to widespread war and subsequent destruction of many old European societies, the Hunnic invasion of the steppe and the Mongol invasions of eastern Europe, or even the Black Death. European history is riddled with bloodshed, war, famines, extinctions, and collapses yet every time they have still triumphed and arguably come out better than before.

>Wrong. Literally most advanced civilizations developed on rivers and already modifyied for thousands years soil
I'm talking about population history, retard. Populations like Native Americans have a much more straight forward population history compared to old worlders due to their geographical isolation which shields them from the large scale genetic overturns you see in many parts of Eurasia. Even the settlement of the Americas is much easier to ascertain.

>Let's see how do eurangutans behave after killing 90% of their people, murdering their elites and middle-class high class eurangutans, enslave them to live on toxic mines for 200 years and destroy all their remnants of culture.
All populations have suffered at one point or another, pussy. But it really shows how pathetic you people are, when you can act like little tough guy shitskin nationalists in one breath and in the next turn into blubbering little pussies whinging about muh oppreshun at the hands of these supposedly inferior people.

You're a loser, your people are losers, and there's nothing you can do about it except cry :)
>>
>>3258860
>history

Europeans settle on europe: 40000BC
Amerindians reached Canada: 25000BC; then after the deglaciation (10000 years later) populated the rest of the continent in 15000BC

European crops date from 10000BC.
Amerindian crops date from 6000BC.

Europeans getting the bronze from other culture in 3200BC.
Amerindians reached the bronze age in 500BC approximately.

Also as a great factor:
Horse domesticated in 3000BC approximately.

Knowing that the rests of all amerindian populations of 14000BC to 10000BC were pretty much paleolithical-tier and all lived as nomads, practiced some artistic manifestations as european paleo-populations. It's safe to assume they started again in the paleolithic and had to morph the environment of woods, jungles and coasts to their convenience, the same the europeans did with their environment for thousands of years before the Neolithic.

Then let's compare:
Europeans lurking around as nomads: 30000 years.
Amerindians lurking around as nomads: 9000 years.

Europeans reaching the bronze age from other cultures after the Neolithic stage: 6800 years.
Amerindians reaching the bronze age by themselves without the influence of a culture thousands of years ahead of development: 5500 years.

Let's check also how many years have humans modifyed the horse population and environment: 37000 years.
Let's check how many years have amerindians affected the camelids of South-America, when the spaniards came: 16500 years. They had less than half the time, yet they already domesticated diverse species for food and whool. Llamas can carry up to 50 Kg.

And I didn't mention the disadvantages such as continental isolation (north-south and east-west), Niño fenomena that destroys coastal villages, less cultures to trade with, and no naval technology, iron, horses, wheel, and writting from north-african nor anatolian cultures.

So, it's safe to affirm their higher development rate was excellent compare to europeans. Incas were superior to europeans.
>>
white ppl are icky
>>
>>3258795
>>it's been pushed for a while
you mean its been used for a while by americans and other people to refer to well, americans.

>From mongrels? Chicanos are really weird.
from spaniards and italians actually. even slavs have a word "amerikanski" for describing them as well.

i love how you're not even disputing now that usa citizens can are americans, but that north and south americans can ALSO be called americans.
>>
File: download.png (10KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
10KB, 204x247px
>>3258871
>Incas superior to Europeans
>die out
>>
>>3258882
Wrong. Quechuas are still alive. Meanwhile eurangutans are being replaced by just mexican mongrels and muslim peasants.
>pic
Hehehe
Incas were superior to europeans. History demonstrates it. Deal with it, subhuman.
>>
>>3258881
That's weird. All the people from Spain and Portugal over here call them united-statians.

>i love how you're not even disputing now that usa citizens can are americans, but that north and south americans can ALSO be called americans.
United Statians are americans because they live on the continent called America, the same as Canadians. Canadians are americans too.
>>
File: mexico_evil_plan.png (62KB, 795x642px) Image search: [Google]
mexico_evil_plan.png
62KB, 795x642px
>>3258891
>Meanwhile eurangutans are being replaced by just mexican mongrels

Justo según el plan.
>>
>>3258871
>Europeans settle on europe: 40000BC
That's the date modern humans first reached Europe, and they also had to deal with the ice age and other changes in climate during the settlement of Europe. For example, parts of Northern Europe and Britain weren't settled until 10-8,000 B.C. Not to mention that many of these populations were assimilated or killed off during the Neolithic Revolution.

>European crops date from 10000BC
>Amerindian crops date from 6000BC.
The dates vary but Europe reached the Neolithic stage first, yes.

>Europeans getting the bronze from other culture in 3200BC.
Actually most Bronze Age cultures were local developoment from previous cultures, and 3200 B.C. is a general date for the start, even though some cultures are supposedly older than that like the Maykop culture.

>Amerindians reached the bronze age in 500BC approximately
Most Amerindians never even reached the bronze age, many of the few cultures that managed to attain some semblance of civility started much later and weren't really comparable to the old world neolithic cultures that proceeded them by thousands of years. Keep in mind both the Classical Maya and the Inca came much later.

>Horse domesticated in 3000BC approximately.
Give or take depending on what you want to use, in any case horses were likely first domesticated in the steppe of Eastern Europe or Central Asia which would make it more of a local development.

>It's safe to assume they started again in the paleolithic and had to morph the environment of woods, jungles and coasts to their convenience
Most of them didn't even do that, even cultural figurines which were abundant in the old world during the initial settlement periods are lacking in the Americas.

>16500 years
Do you have a citation for that?

>no naval technology, iron, horses, wheel, and writting
They never developed any of that, you're right.

>excellent compare to europeans
They were pretty mediocre, came far later and likely had no written language.
>>
>>3258057
Vinland colonies were seasonal and used for timber and other stuff to send to greenland and iceland.

Greenland was greener at the time. though the weather turning colder made things harder. they adapted but eventually went back to iceland because they felt too isolated.

as people left greenland, the demand for vinland goods dropped off. so they stopped going to vinland.
>>
>>3258972
there is a cave in norway with artifacts of reindeer domestication that is 30,000 years old at least.
>>
>>3258899
i'm used to hearing "americano" far more and the singular term is more popular.

>United Statians are americans because they live on the continent called America
they're americans because it's short for their country and the two continent model dominates.

>Canadians are americans too.
lol no. go call a canadian an american and see what happens.
>>
>>3258995
Sauce? That sounds pretty interesting. There are some rumblings that dog domestication may even be pushed back to the Aurignacian.
>>
>>3258977
They left because they were being hunted by the Skraelings.
https://youtu.be/l9lCTKiprlM
>>
>>3253782
Would a lady booted from her tribe for fricking a white guy tell her kids or grandkids etc about it?
>>
>another thread derailed by "american/unitedstatian" arguing and the eternal incaposter
why do I continue to come here?
>>
>>3258151
Then why aren't they running things?
>>
>>3258999
>short
USian is shorter. And the reason why they are americans is because they live in the america continent.
>>
>>3258995
Give me the source monkey.
>>
>>3258972
>ice age
Wrong.
End of the Ice age 8000BC
First european crop 10000BC

The disadvantage of trade and the extension of the continent made it harder for the bronze technology to reach them, yet mesoamericans were trading bronze weapons and south people forging them.

Yet some cultures managed to make an intercontinental trade route between south and north hehehe
>neolithic
>later
Wrong. All relatively more advanced to eurangutans.

All of the population show paleolithic nomadic behaviors and lack of any cultural heritage from the past migrants. The restart is a fact.
>16500
Amerindians came to populate America in 15000BC, spaniards came in 1500AC.

Precolumbian cultures already had written languages. When was the first european writen language?hehehe

There was precolumbian wheel, western amerindians show how they had iron, they didn't had enough time as the eurangutans had with their horses.

Yet they developed faster and even had some more advanced technologies compared to eurangutans.

History demonstrates Inca superiority. Get over it, monkey.
>>
>>3259328
For the same reason eurangutans are getting replaced by mexican mongrels and muslim peasants.

Inca superiority is a historical fact. Face your extinction, chimpo.
>>
I was under impression that in English, while primary meaning is "citizen of USA", "American" can also mean "someone from the Americas" and the difference lays in the context.
At least that's how it in my non-Anglo, non-Spanish language.
>>
>>3259815
>primary meaning
Its roots are english. Meanwhile the people who discovered and named the land call the entire continent America.
>>
Im okay with that statement but it still is mostly used to justify giving free everything to infinite shitskins and white genocide in the end.
>>
>>3258166
Germ theory was postulated ~1600s but even before that, most knew about diseases that can be spread by water/food/proximity. They just didn't know the exact causes.
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.