[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Hercules a real person?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: hercules-dwayne-johnson1.jpg (151KB, 761x525px) Image search: [Google]
hercules-dwayne-johnson1.jpg
151KB, 761x525px
Was Hercules a real person?
>>
>>3253057
Yes but she was a woman IRL.
>>
>>3253063
what
>>
Yes and if you say his name three times he will appear behind you and cave your head in with a club.
>>
>>3253070
>no question mark
Fuck off brainlet.
>>
>>3253057
No memeing around, the (((consensus))) is that his 12 works were all made up from different local stories and highly allegorical.

Can't remember where I read it but also he could be at least on its origin the first king of the invaders who became the greeks
>>
>>3254113

You might have been reading something about the Herakleidai taking over the Peloponnesos with the Dorians.
>>
>>3253063
Hot.
>>
If he was, I think he was active in the Archaic Age colonization of the Western med.
>>
File: Birth of Athena ].png (1MB, 1024x546px) Image search: [Google]
Birth of Athena ].png
1MB, 1024x546px
Most likely allegorical, a lot of different Indo-European cultures at the time followed a similar religion where the main individuals each had different names depending on the culture in question (For example, Thor would be known as Zeus etc)
In the Prose Edda it speaks about how the "Aesir" fled from Troy as it burned and in Roman myths it speaks about how Aeneas was one of these who fled from Troy to Italy and whos ancestors would later go on to found Rome (Romulus and Remus)

Similarities in such subsequent texts and several others may lend to the idea that they were inspired by actions of real peoples, or you could view it as pseudo-history.
>>
>>3253057
Yes, and he never lost to anyone because he was the strongest in the world.
>>
His real name was Kevin Sorbo though.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.