[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

East India Flag and Independence Flag Same!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

What the FUCK were the Americans thinking?
>>
>>3252968

cultural appropriation ;^)
>>
>we like the king but not the jerks he keeps sending over
>>
File: chrome_2017-08-16_14-07-45.png (107KB, 985x939px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-08-16_14-07-45.png
107KB, 985x939px
>>3252968
interesting
here are some of the other early flags
>>
File: Replaced-canton-e1396686570156.jpg (108KB, 1025x655px) Image search: [Google]
Replaced-canton-e1396686570156.jpg
108KB, 1025x655px
>>3253072
According to Forster family lore, the red silk flag was captured from the British at the Battle of Lexington on April 19th. The cross of St. George was in the canton (the upper left quarter). That symbol of Britain was cut out and replaced with a square of red silk. Thirteen buff-colored bars representing the original colonies were then stitched onto the canton, six on one side and seven on the other.

Samuel Forster returned to Manchester where the company would remain, guarding the coastal towns from British naval attacks. The Forster Flag, now the company’s colors, benefited greatly from this assignment. Other regimental colors suffered from constant hoisting and lowering and battlefield damage. The few military colors that did survive, by long tradition were carefully preserved and handed down as precious mementos of regimental history.
>>
>>3252990
Most of the people fighting in the rebellion were the jerks he sent over, men spared the rope, sons of men that fled after culloden, the refuse of British society.
Also i think they didn't like the king.
>>
>>3253072
>a fucking snake
>a fucking tree
>another fucking country's flag (the one you rebelled against no less)

they made the right decision to be desu
>>
>>3253072
>>3253091
>a flag that looks like a rothko painting
were the rebels pomo before their time?
>>
>>3252968
Americans considered themselves Englishmen who were denied their traditional rights as Englishmen. Few were truly American nationalists.
>>
>>3252968
>dump east india company tea into boston harbor
>proceed to steal the company's flag
so the anglos were the good guys here right?
>>
>>3254308
the tree is aesthetic, youre just blinded by the hate in your heart
>>
>>3254308
still better than
>a fucking leaf
>>
>>3253072
Why did we add more stars. The circle was aesthetic as fuck. The modern American flag looks autistic.
>>
agreed, but imo i don't like tiny stars being shoved in the top left corner. id prefer the stars in the middle
>>
>>3254815
>>3254755
>>
File: latest.png (18KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
18KB, 600x300px
>>3254747
how about THREE leaves?

>this would have been the flag if the Canadian PM during the whole flag debate was allowed to unilaterally pick the new flag
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 600x315px
>>3252968
This is now a Hawai'i thread.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.