[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When is it okay to have enemies, go to war, and enact revenge,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

When is it okay to have enemies, go to war, and enact revenge, if you're a Christian?
>>
>>3251557
all are the chidlren of God. That said, if one were to die, it would be just.
>>
What is "Christianity".
What the pope says? What the bible says? What your parents tell you? What you want to believe? What Christ or God tell you in your dreams?

Most would argue that the Bible is the authority, but it's 2 books which are in essence opposites. Wrathful god and loving god.
You can justify anything with religion. Example: Some say gays are evil because it quite literally says so in the bible, others say the bible teaches us to love so we should also love gays.
In the end people mostly say "you have interpret the Bible and it's metaphors", which means you can make it mean anything you want.

There is no such thing as a "Christian", there's only your specific kind of Christianity.
>>
>>3251594
>this is what protestants actually believe
lmao
>>
>>3251603
But he makes a good point?
>>
>>3251560
God forgives murder? Since?
>>
De Civitate Dei, St. Augustine.
>>
>>3251678
So every soldier goes to hell? All those beloved and adored WW2 veterans go to hell, god will not forgive them the murders they committed?

What if you regret the murder?

What if two people commit a murder, one dies the next day without regretting the killing and the other lives a long life and comes to deeply regret his past and the murder?
The one that had more time to think about his actions gets absolved? both are absolved? Both go to hell?
>>
>>3251734
Is he in the process of burning his hair ?
>>
File: greatpyramidcoord2.png (581KB, 539x850px) Image search: [Google]
greatpyramidcoord2.png
581KB, 539x850px
>>3251594
>What is "Christianity".
>What the pope says? What the bible says? What your parents tell you? What you want to believe? What Christ or God tell you in your dreams?

Christianity is what I say it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R37BcbpvxiY
>>
>>3251781
Murder and killing are two different things anon. Murder is malicious, cruel and sinful. Killing is not always murder. I shot three men in the desert, who were trying to shoot me. I am a killer, not a murderer. I had no malice or discontent for them or their kind, no hatred in my heart for their cause. They were men, following their ideals and moral code, as was I. Had they killed me I wouldn't think it was some great injustice, but rather their skill won over mine in a contest of arms.

Is hunting murder? No, most people don't think so, but they think poaching is. All deaths and killings are not created equal anon. The German who killed men on Omaha beach is not a murderer, he is a warrior, a killer. God does not judge a soldier for killing his enemy.

At least that's how my priest explained it to me.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.