[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eighty Years War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 1480217380625.jpg (62KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
1480217380625.jpg
62KB, 500x450px
How does /his/ feel about the Eighty Years war?
I think it's awesome that such a tiny country could face off againdt the Spanish and not get BTFO
>>
>>3250926

But everyone knows that Spain sucks at everything and always was a failure, Are you new on /his/ by any chance?
>>
File: makek.png (323KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
makek.png
323KB, 1024x512px
>>3250926
>I have many hats but did not bring them
Holy fucking kek
>>
>>3250926
The Dutch had three god-tier commanders and were mostly fighting with the approval of the local peoples in their homeland. While the Spaniards were stretched out over three continents, faced with separatism everywhere. Its a wonder the Habsburgs could even hold on to Belgium.
>>
>>3250926
It was impressive, but one should consider that Spain wasn't only fighting the dutch. during the years between 1568-1648 Spain fought the Ottomans twice in the Ottoman venetian war, and later in the long turkish war. They fought the English twice in the Anglo-spanish wars, they participated in the French wars of religion. They fought in a succesion war over portugal, and later had to put down rebellions both there and in Napels. And of course, they fought in the thirty years war, which really broke the back of the Empire.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.