[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the most noteworthy events to happen in this region

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1181px-Far_Eastern_in_Russia.svg.png (333KB, 1181x637px) Image search: [Google]
1181px-Far_Eastern_in_Russia.svg.png
333KB, 1181x637px
What are the most noteworthy events to happen in this region for the past couple hundred years apart from Gulags and fur extortion of the locals?
>>
>>3250121
About 47% of Lend-Lease by volume (if not necessarily value) went through Vladivostok.
>>
>>3250126
Hmm. That seems pretty telling if that's what you think of besides what OP mentioned. I knew a kid from Vladivostok in Seattle, said it was depressing.
>>
>>3250121
bump
>>
>>3250148
What did you expect?
There is really not a lot that can happen on the frozen empty lot of nothing.
>>
>>3250121
British tried to invade Russia from Kamchatka to take Russian troops away during the Crimean War, didn't work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Petropavlovsk

Pretty brutal fighting took place during the Russo-Japanese war and Russian Civil War, with the Bolshevik capture of Vladivostok from the Japanese being the formal end to the civil war.

Soviets again beat back the Japanese in the Far East, during border conflicts at Lake Khasan and a Soviet invasion of Manchuria and Sakhalin.

Vladivostok has been the site of pretty important talks regarding security for the area, including the SALT talks with the US, and hosting the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit just a few years ago.
>>
Living in a condo in Vladivostok seems like the tits. I fantasize about just buying a condo out there and living as a neet on $100k euros for a while.
>>
>>3250156
Yeah that's what I figured, I still wanted to know what a resident thought though. He said something along the lines that it isn't bad enough that you could find some kind of vindication in how bad it is and still nowhere near being a good place to live. Just a forgotten corner of the world.
>>
Is Kamchatka even habitable with the fear of getting BTFO by a volcano at any given time? Seems like a nice place otherwise.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.