[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Russia the true inheriting nation of the vikings?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Варяги.jpg (25KB, 260x184px) Image search: [Google]
Варяги.jpg
25KB, 260x184px
Varangians dynasties surely affected their genetic pool, and, in opposition to Scandinavians, Russians still preserve the belligerent nature and naval strength of their ancestors.
>>
>>3239018

>Russians still preserve the belligerent nature and naval strength of their ancestors.

doesn't even make sense
>>
>>3239018
>naval strength
>Russia
>>
>>3239018

No they don't have Scandinavian admixture.
Think about it for a second.
A few hundred Norseman in a land of millions.
>>
>>3239034
They went full shitty when Commieland collapsed, but nowadays their submarine force is pretty impresive.
>>
Nah, the vikings mostly formed an upper class that became heavily slavified over the centuries. the ''inheriting nation'' would most definitely be a scandinavian country or something like Iceland or Faroese.

You don't just become an inheriting nation because a certain people settled within the modern day borders of your nation and perhaps somewhat affected the genetics of your ruling class. That would be like saying India or Uganda is the inheriting nation of Great Britain. You don't just inherit a nationality by being at most 7% something.

The influence of scandinavian settlers on the lands they settled on are very interesting, and it's never bad to ask questions.
>>
>>3239065
>You don't just inherit a nationality by being at most 7% something.

Well, look at Turkey. How many of their inhabitants are really Turkic?
>>
>>3239108
That's actually a great point, it's just that the invention of a Turkish nationality is very recent (and actually complete nonsense). Let me think on this one for a few minutes.
>>
>>3239108
>>3239119
I can't disprove or find any sort of mistake in your words so I guess I stand corrected. Still not buying the Russians are Vikings thing though, they have their own very interesting history to be proud of so let's not THEYWUZ on their behalf
>>
File: ZxvmSih.gif (346KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
ZxvmSih.gif
346KB, 480x270px
>>3239018
>belligerent nature
that's not how you spell "wanting to get its collective ass kicked asap by everyone"

>naval strenght
Oh please be trolling
http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/the-2-big-reasons-why-russias-only-aircraft-carrier-having-18643
>>
File: kursk1-9b5db.jpg (68KB, 450x312px) Image search: [Google]
kursk1-9b5db.jpg
68KB, 450x312px
>>3239049
I sure am impressed by that display.
>>
>>3239018

More like their retarded rape babies.
>>
>>3239018
>Varangians dynasties surely affected their genetic pool
Not at all.
>>
>>3239183
Mate, you do know that the Russian military has under gone some drastic changes since 2008?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.