[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

According to Christians, was the Buddha probably saved?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: MI0003364124.jpg (30KB, 500x678px) Image search: [Google]
MI0003364124.jpg
30KB, 500x678px
>>
File: bob-dylan.jpg (394KB, 2000x1993px) Image search: [Google]
bob-dylan.jpg
394KB, 2000x1993px
>>3238924
Get this handsome Jew off my thread
>>
He'd probably go to Limbo being that he never heard the lord's word, but he was a righteous pagan.
>>
>>3238953
>>3238965
Can some Hans get this Krautess whore out of here?
>>
>>3238924
That fucker is the very definition of indolent... he's burning in the lobby of hell (because indolent people don't even deserve to enter hell since they're nobodies) getting stung by swarms of hornets for all eternity
>>
>>3239052
Once you become one of America's greatest song writers, there's little left to do.
>>
>>3238924

Romans 2:13 tells us:
>13For it is not the hearers of the Law who are righteous before God, but it is the doers of the Law who will be declared righteous. 14Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the Law, do by nature what the Law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the Law
>>
>>3239091
That fucker didn't do the law he preached self annhilation while christianity teaches self immortality
>>
>>3239097

Way to not understand.

Attaining nirvana is not the destruction of your "entity" it is transcending the suffering of this realm and moving on to a higher better one which is at its base core similar to judeo christian thought.
>>
>>3238924
the buddha was born before Christ when the old covenant was still in effect so i don't know. possibly one of the compartments of sheol.
>>
>>3239104
Christ went to Hades to save the righteous while he was dead, though.

>>3239091
>it is not the hearers of the Law who are righteous before God, but it is the doers of the Law who will be declared righteous.

From Galatians:
>a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ
>Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard?
>Clearly no one who relies on the law is justified before God, because “the righteous will live by faith"
>For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law. 22 But Scripture has locked up everything under the control of sin

How to figure this one out?
>>
Act 17:26-30
26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’ 29 “Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by human design and skill.30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance. but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.
>>
>>3239514
Pick whichever one tickles your berries the most and run with it.
>>
>>3239104
>the buddha was born before Christ when the old covenant was still in effect
>the old covenant
Matthew 5:17 (KJV)
17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

There's no New or old Covenant. The covenants the same. Jesus just fulfilled the terms of it for everyone so every swingin dick gets a pass
>>
>>3239103
No it's not, stop reducing Buddhism to fit your lame gaijin mind.
>>
>>3241475
There is an Old Covenant, it is what Jews still cling to. Whether it is valid or not is irrelevant.
>>
>>3239097
As far as I know, the Buddha was a righteous man by Christian standards. I don't think he did anything that Jesus spoke against doing. He was, unto himself, his own Law since he did by his nature those things required BY the Law.
>>
>>3241481
Wrong, entirely wrong.
>>
>>3239103
What a retard
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.