[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

African-American Eugenics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: slave arrival.jpg (428KB, 2525x2023px) Image search: [Google]
slave arrival.jpg
428KB, 2525x2023px
I have been wondering lately, did African-Americans undergo something of a eugenics program? My knowledge of American slavery is limited at best but it seems to be that slaveowners would breed for specific traits that they would find favourable to the actual trade itself. Stronger Africans would be bred because of the work they were expected to do. I was partly considering this because I was trying to figure out why it is that African-Americans are so dominant in American professional sports. Basketball, football, almost entirely black.

I'm not trying to be a stormweenie or anything like that, I'm just wondering if this actually happened. I also apologize if this has been discussed before, I'm not a regular to this board.
>>
>>3238510

the same way you buy a donkey, is it strong does it look healthy check its teeth

donkeys that dont get sold are used for something worse or dumped overboard

simple
>>
>>3238510
Up to a point, but I don't think breeding on plantations was the primary cause.

If selection happened anywhere it was at the slaving posts in West Africa. Slave traders would only be buying what they could reasonably assume would survive the trip to the US/Caribbean and sell for a good price when they arrived.
>>
>>3238528

the trip across the atlantic was also a serious selection, large percentages died, even if that might have as much to do with weather and placement and leght of trip
>>
Yes. It's happening right now too. The smartest and the ones who have long-term thinking traits will succeed and isolated relatively than the rest of the blacks.

The truth is that the slavery put a social selection of the conformist and frivolous people which get to live under pathetic status, and the ones who try to climb up, normally the assimilate the dominant class and get "white'd" or they get killed if the regime doesn't allow it.
>>
File: black slave trade.jpg (78KB, 1025x655px) Image search: [Google]
black slave trade.jpg
78KB, 1025x655px
>>3238510

Disingenuous map is disingenuous.
>>
>>3238510
Let me give you a quick story

One side descends from the black American 1% (which was basically the white 5-10%). Some were free from the late 18th century and some were the enslaved and favored children of slave owners who had skills who only married other enslaved people of similar situations.

They are mostly poor today, basically what got them that high up economically was the vast majority of black people being uneducated and actively oppressed/marginalized. When things changed for other black people and when blacks could freely go to white stores, move to white owned buildings and go to white owned places that side lost their power.

Other side was poor and largely illiterate sharecroppers and subsistence farmers being freed at the time of the civil war and in poverty until the 1960's

Most of that family there are now solidly middle and upper-middle class professionals in less than one generation.

People are stupid to think enslaved people were put in similar situations, people are stupid to assume that enslaved people were just worked in some sterotyped fashion.

Take a look at the kinds of people sent to specific ports, you'll notice that regions of the Americas and US have concentrations of particular populations. That's by no accident.

The way enslaved people were utilized and the information they retained, the things they knew is astounding.

My grandfather has recordings of his great grandfather who was a young man when he was freed recount enslavement.

It's really not simple anon.
>>
>>3238676
It's not disingenuous, it is just American specific.
>>
>>3238687
>It's not disingenuous, it is just American specific.

It absolutely is disingenuous, as it completely disregards that the overwhelmingly majority of Black slaves were sent to South America and the Caribbean and implies they all went to the U.S. instead.

The Atlantic Slave Trade in Two Minutes
http://www.slate.com/articles/life/the_history_of_american_slavery/2015/06/animated_interactive_of_the_history_of_the_atlantic_slave_trade.html
>>
>>3240351
If the topic was the atlantic slave trade as a whole I would agree with you, but OP is clearly talking about slaves in the US.
The image even says "Slaves Arrivals on the North American Mainland".
In no way does it imply slaves weren't taken to the other parts of the American continent, it is merely focused on the Northern part.
It is like saying a map showing areas affected by malaria on Africa is being disingenous because we also find malaria in Asia and South America.
If the information is not pertinent to the subject at hand why should you include it?
>>
>>3238676
>51.000 at fucking St Helena
My sides.
>>
>>3238510
>why it is that African-Americans are so dominant in American professional sports.
Because they disregard everything else, including school and actual education

Floyd Mayweather can barely read
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.