[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military units made up of criminals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

>be Nazi Germany in 1940
>create combat outfit composed of thugs and criminals "convicted of major crimes such as premeditated murder, rape, arson and burglary"
>"terrifying rabble" of "cut-throats, renegades, sadistic morons, and cashiered rejects from other units"
>unit turns out to be an almost comical band of fuckups who were kicked out of every major field command they were assigned to and whose most noteworthy achievement was sadism and brutality that appalled even the most notorious architects of the Holocaust

>be Louisiana in 1861
>create combat outfit composed of “the lowest scum of the lower Mississippi...adventurous wharf rats, thieves, and outcasts...and bad characters generally”
> the worst men I ever saw…. I understand that they are mostly wharf rats from New Orleans, and Major Wheat is the only man who can do anything with them. They were constantly fighting with each other. They were always ready to fight, and it made little difference to them who they fought.”
>unit turns out to be one of the best in the Confederate Army, earning a legendary reputation for being utterly fearless and hard-fighting, becoming the Army of Northern Virginia's premiere shock troops alongside the Stonewall and Texas Brigades

Where did we get it so right where the Krauts got it so wrong?

Did they fear the Southern Warrior?
>>
>>3236883
2 very different classes of criminal, the Dirlewanger Brigade were men who did evil without material incentive, the Louisiana Tigers were men pushed to "evil" due to being desperately poor.
>>
File: AnneFrank_001-ALT.jpg (531KB, 687x1117px) Image search: [Google]
AnneFrank_001-ALT.jpg
531KB, 687x1117px
>>3236883

What we should really be asking ourselves is what would happened if a nine month pregnant Anne Frank mysteriously teleported into the middle of a Confederate Army camp of Louisiana Tigers?

Would they be courtly Southern gentlemen and take her to meet General Lee? Sing Bonnie Blue flag and Rose of Alabamy by the campfire with her? Share their sweet tea and hardtacks with her? Teach her to do the Rebel Yell?
>>
>>3236883
most sailors in the british navy if i'm not mistaken were criminals
>>
They both lost so who cares.
>>
>>3236964

*Shanghai'd American sailors

Fixed that for you
>>
>the virgin Dirlewanger Brigade
>the Chad penal battalion
>>
>>3236883
>Southerners dressed up as Berbers who fought for France

WHEW
>>
The Holocaust literally never happened, stop pushing this meme, kike
>>
>>3237081

>implying it was just Southerners

Anon, I-

>>3237132

Back to your containment board, and take your Dodge Challenger with you.
>>
The Dirlewanger unit was originally supposed to be for poachers, who it was assumed would be good skirmishers, they quickly ran out of poachers and started just throwing anyone in there so it ended up comprising rapists and sadists. Probably doesn't help that their chief officer raped a 14 year old and was constantly drunk either
>>
>>3237137

Ought that not to be 'drive your Dodge Challenger back to your containment board?'

I wish I had a Dodge Challenger.
>>
>>3237081
In the early stages of the civil war neither the Union nor the Confederacy had an actual organized full size national army. A huge portion of the fighters were made up of local and often privately raised and outfitted militia units, which over time were centralized with varying degrees of success into the national armies of the respective sides.

There were several battles where the militia of both sides were dressed alike and caused mistaken friendly fire.
>>
File: average marine barracks.jpg (73KB, 750x758px) Image search: [Google]
average marine barracks.jpg
73KB, 750x758px
The Marines
>>
>>3237386

0311 here, you have no idea how true this really is
>>
File: Sven Hassel.jpg (55KB, 830x562px) Image search: [Google]
Sven Hassel.jpg
55KB, 830x562px
>>3236883

reminds me of the sven hassel novels.

i read the shit out of those novels as a kid.

>tfw no decent budget movie or show featuring porta, tiny, the legionnaire and heide the super soldier and super cunt
>>
>>3236883
Krauts did not failed. Both units did what they were meant for.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.