[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Cnut the Great control Wessex?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 642px-Cnut_lands.svg.png (125KB, 642x511px) Image search: [Google]
642px-Cnut_lands.svg.png
125KB, 642x511px
Did Cnut the Great control Wessex?
>>
>>3235058
yes
>>
>>3235058
...Of-course.
Wessex was the most valuable and important Earldom, why would he usurp the line of cerdic and not take their prime real-estate.
He appointed Godwin to run the joint who did nothing wrong btw.

The questions i like is who controlled places like cornwall? The isle of man and the welsh frontier?
>>
>>3235191
The entire Godwinson family were fucking evil traitors.
>>
>>3235191
>why would he usurp the line of cerdic and not take their prime real-estate.
becausev he was a cuck
>>
>>3235058
Not directly. They were under his suzerainty. The Godwins were the lords of those lands.
>>
>>3235058
Yes, Wessex is part of England.
>>
>>3235191
>The questions i like is who controlled places like cornwall
this map is wrong for Cnut's reign, by that point Cornwall had been subsumed into England by that point.
>Isle of Man
the Norse
>the Welsh frontier
Mercian (Mercia means the border land) earls and the Welsh fought over it. Harold Godwinson cut his teeth fighting in Wales
>>
Was this Empire divided amongst his descendants? Why did it not survive? Was it economically superior to its neighbours? Did the HRE acknowledge the Cnut empires naval superiority?
>>
>>3238780
HRE was literally stuck between Danish naval force and Poland in the East since they were Danish ally.
>>
>>3235058
why is it important?
>>
>>3235058
Those names are very funny, they make me laugh.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.