[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk the Manchus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: ThatHockeyFeel.gif (22KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
ThatHockeyFeel.gif
22KB, 645x773px
For a long time, Chinese were barred from settling their original hunting grounds, what is today Northeast China.

Then the Age of the European Empires came. As the Qing grew weaker, the Europeans started circling for land.

To stave off the invasion, the Manchurians decided to population bomb their sparsely populated old territories for Chinese settlement. Supposedly the idea go that if there were more Chinese living there, the land would be less secure and less likely to be invaded. There were also plans to Chinkbomb (if you will) Mongolia and Tibet.

Now this fascinates me.

To save their Empire, the Manchus were willing to give up their lands.
To save their Empire, the Manchus were willing to ignore other ethnic groups in their Multi-Ethnic Empire including the Mongols and Tibetans.

The question is then, what would you have done as the Manchus? Would you have Chink bomb your home to stop the Russians?
>>
The Han treated Manchus as foreigners and barbarians, they were never really seen as "real" Chinese. 19th century humiliation only furthered the hate against them.
>>
Fuck chinkbombs. I'd Eurobomb it. Ally with Britain if possible, because I know that they had beef with Russia, and that letting them stake a weak claim would be much better than having your land fought over. If possible, style it as an alliance; (Han) manpower in british Asia, British information and trade in Qing China.
>>
>>3233988
Congratulations, you just made your country a battlefield between two opposing superpowers.
>>
>>3233950
>what would you have done as the Manchus
Tell them the mandate of heaven is but a ruse
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.