[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternative History

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: seleucid.png (835KB, 550x3310px) Image search: [Google]
seleucid.png
835KB, 550x3310px
Was there ever a possibility of the Seleucid Empire being a long-lasting, stable empire?
>>
They were doing quite well economically,and militarily they were ahead because they try to ctrl+c the legions
Too bad the region they rule were rich but sparse,surrounded by powerful and ambitious enemy
>>
File: neat.jpg (28KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
neat.jpg
28KB, 500x491px
>>3233762
Good guide.
>>
>>3233813
yeah, not mine, some other /his/torian here made it
>>
>>3233762
>Was there ever a possibility of the Seleucid Empire being a long-lasting, stable empire?

It suffered the same situation as many ancient empires. A somewhat dysfunctional monarchy in terms of stability with civil wars and dynastic tensions rife. Powerful regional dynasts with little overarching ideology or sense of national identity to drive them together. I expect that the empire might have been able to survive in its western regions, possibly up to the Zagros mountains in Iran, but I think holding further than that was always a crapshoot due to nomadic raiders and powerful regional princelets.
>>
>>3233762
They got BTFO'd by Jewish peasants, there was no hope.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.