[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can man truly be happy living a life of solitude?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: the-lonely-man-munir-alawi.jpg (92KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
the-lonely-man-munir-alawi.jpg
92KB, 600x900px
Can man truly be happy living a life of solitude?
>>
>>3233550
A lot of hermits look quite happy
>>
>>3233550
It's a different kind of happiness than hedonistic pleasure, but I would say he could still be happy. A gentle, all-pervading content like the nirvana of the Buddha.
>>
>>3233550
Yes, but only if you break away certain human faculties.
>>
>>3233550
Well I live a life in semi-solitude and I've enjoyed it so far. It's not that I don't enjoy interacting with people but I find talking and having conversations exhausting (literally anything short of a deep and thought provoking discussion is often times aggravating for me).

>>3233564
Like this anon said, I don't feel a hedonistic or pleasure driven happiness.
More of a peaceful contentment, I could definitely see myself moving out to the wilderness and being a total hermit.
>>
>>3233550
Yes but no.
>>
>>3233550
Depends on the type of person, but yes.

Life of solitude is not for everyone. For most people, they need the constant socializing factor else they would cease to exist(atleast that's the impression they impart on the world). This forces them to constantly be in socializing mode.

For the minority of people who do not have such cravings, social "anxieties" arises. These people will thrive in life of solitude.
>>
No, I think companionship is an integral part to human fulfilment.
>>
>>3235320
This

People might say they're content being alone but they're really just content with the idea of being alone, they don't actually like it.
>>
>>3233550

Autistics can, so can schizoids.
>>
>>3233550
Can man truly be happy?
>>
Certainly. And sometimes they're also the kind of people who like to write.

I'm struggling to think of examples, though. D-Dog, ie, Diogenes?

The problem is that it's almost impossible to be both the kind of solitary person who writes and actually live without human contact, simply because you'll have to source something to do to avoid insanity.
>>
>>3233550
>>3236144
Of course, happiness comes from within and is provided by God, it does not come from the external world in any shape or form. The misconception of society is that happiness can be found in the external world through means of enough money, fame, or success, or they simply conclude happiness cannot be found at all, but all of this is nonsense.. The material world is one of misery, death, disease, and old age, how can happiness possibly be found in such a place? The happiness one experiences when one discovers oneself and becomes god-conscious is not material happiness, but spiritual bliss. It is of a higher taste than that of material pleasures. Once one gives up all forms of lowly material pleasures, one gradually begins to experience this higher taste
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.