[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/his/ approved Manga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9

File: Volume_1_cover.png (351KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
Volume_1_cover.png
351KB, 350x500px
How accurate is this manga's representation of China's warring states period, and what are some /his/ approved mangas
>>
>>3233291 (OP)
It's mostly fiction. The protagonists are fictional characters, the plots are also fiction.

I recommend this:
Bokko墨攻
http://mangafox.me/manga/bokko/
Also partially fictional.
>>
File: Versailles no Bara.png (311KB, 371x580px) Image search: [Google]
Versailles no Bara.png
311KB, 371x580px
>>3233291
For a manga based on French history, I recommend Versailles no Bara, or The Rose of Versailles, centered around the French Revolution of 1789, and especially the years and events leading up to it for most of the series. I've only seen the 40 episodes anime version, though, which is excellent.
>>
>>3233291
Not very, not the armor, the characters (being fair there isn't a lot to draw from), weapons or tactics. But it's a good read and at some parts imaginative.
Also only manga? There are lots of good historical comics.
The Grand Duke, Mezek, The Eidelweiss if you like war planes (and who doesn't?).
About Japanese Mangas, they don't tend to do historical right, but there are great exception like Vinland Saga, Bokko or vagabound, and of course plenty of Samuray ones like Wolf and Cub.
>>
File: duke_01.jpg (192KB, 1273x680px) Image search: [Google]
duke_01.jpg
192KB, 1273x680px
>>3233360
I mean, look at that art. The Gran duke is awesome, has top tier waifu and it's a good read.
>>
http://mangafox.me/manga/historie/

A manga about a side character in the story of Alexander the Great. Approved/10

http://mangafox.me/manga/vinland_saga/

About vikings, at least more historically correct than Vikings the TV-show.
>>
File: gyou.jpg (243KB, 821x672px) Image search: [Google]
gyou.jpg
243KB, 821x672px
I don't know much about 200 bce china but I highly doubt every city was perfectly square and surrounded by tall, stone walls.
>>
File: Zhou city plan.jpg (11KB, 366x225px) Image search: [Google]
Zhou city plan.jpg
11KB, 366x225px
>>3233492
The square part is a bit true. The Zhou started the first grid pattern cities in East Asian history. Their geomancy advised for it to be a square. With the central government offices and palaces in the middle.

And yeah. Walls were probably just thick, squat, rammed earth affairs.
>>
>>3233515
I'm doubting that entire cities were walled. It simply doesn't make sense. How can a city grow if it's constrained by walls it can't go past?
>>
>>3233291
fuck shin and his shounen ass army. the assassin waifu subplot was lame too. i wished the entire manga was just generals and battles.
>>
>>3233524
Generally as with walled cities everywhere, you'd have the "center" of the town walled but the sprawl still continues outside the walls, with the suburbanites running for the city walls when trouble arrives.

Over time, the outskirts could find themselves walled if the government choses to do so.
>>
File: Old Beijin Wall.jpg (27KB, 640x306px) Image search: [Google]
Old Beijin Wall.jpg
27KB, 640x306px
>>3233524
>I'm doubting that entire cities were walled. It simply doesn't make sense.
But it does.

For example , Beijing used to be totally walled with three different walls: City wall ->Imperial Wall -> Palace wall.
Pic related.

Nanjing was also totally walled. Actually most Chinese cites were totally walled. Chinese just love their walls.
>>
>>3233548
That was a latter urban plan. Zhou-Warring States walls tend to just have a singular layer of defenses as per Ancient Chinese cities
>>
File: Old Beijing Outline.jpg (39KB, 570x600px) Image search: [Google]
Old Beijing Outline.jpg
39KB, 570x600px
>>3233524
>>3233548
Here is the outline of old Beijing city.
>>
>>3233548
Are you unironically claiming that Chinese cities would be completely inside a square formed by city walls? That no suburbs would spring up outside, or that some geographic features wouldn't be feasible to fit inside a wall, such as a harbor, or that a city that was planned in 16th century (e.g.) would grow so large that it no longer would fit inside the walls in the 17th century? Think about what you're saying.
>>
File: Tang Capitial ChangAn.gif (35KB, 600x631px) Image search: [Google]
Tang Capitial ChangAn.gif
35KB, 600x631px
>>3233572
See this>>3233556

Of course there will be unwalled suburban areas around cities, but that doesn't count as city itself, the actual part of the cities were usually walled completely. Think about what you're questioning first. Pic still related.
>>
>>3233337
Seconding this one.

It's a masterpiece, although the anime is much better.
>>
>>3233598
>chink logic
So basically the entire city wasn't walled, but if you stop counting the part that wasn't walled, then the entire city was walled? Got it, champ.
>>
>>3233524

lol. What is the point of building a wall if you are not going to wall it entirely ? The enemy will just attack from the gap. Cities sometimes have settlements outside the wall.
>>
>>3233722
>The enemy will just attack from the gap
Are you, perhaps, retarded?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.