[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the Confederacy trigger the left so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 26

Why does the Confederacy trigger the left so much?
>>
>>3230914
Because simple black and white narratives concerning war are always easier to swallow. It's very convenient to have a good side and a bad side. Liberals are especially triggered by confederates because the modern Dem Party Machine has been trying to divorce itself from its pre-LBJ roots for decades and then flip the script on to the republicans as US history's most enduring racists.
>>
they think that slavery is bad
>>
>>3230924

>Th-The Civil War wasn't about slavery!

o i am laffin
>>
>>3230914
They unironically still think blacks are human.
>>
>>3230914
thats the only movie I've ever walked out on
its literally 4 hours long
>>
>why does the flag of a traitor nation being flung offend people who are the descendants of those who died defeating it
You might as well fly the flag of Imperial Japan in China.
>>
File: American civil war.jpg (39KB, 449x435px) Image search: [Google]
American civil war.jpg
39KB, 449x435px
>>3230991

>he thinks brothers fighting is the same as foreign powers fighting

laughing at your life rn
>>
>>3230939
ur batin hard my main penis
>>
>>3230998

The traitors formed their own nation, they are no different from a foreign power at that point. The only thing traitors and their sympathizers deserve is death.
>>
File: 1497151507713.jpg (63KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497151507713.jpg
63KB, 850x400px
>>3230948
>>3230939
>>3230929
wow ur all retarded, every person who owned a slave in the south was a democrat. Democrats were also notoriously against
achieving equality with blacks and for a century had tried to keep blacks down through the government

if you can directly blame one party for actively trying to keep down african americans it's the democratic party and they still do even today
>>
File: IMG_7790.jpg (13KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7790.jpg
13KB, 320x320px
>>3230991

>lol southerners, fucking stupid poorfags we'd be better off without them
>you're going to stay in our country whether you like it or not
>>
File: George Washington.jpg (275KB, 800x452px) Image search: [Google]
George Washington.jpg
275KB, 800x452px
>>3231011

Do you feel the same way about Washington?
>>
>>3231018

I only believe in the latter. No one gets out once you're in.
>>
>>3231011

t. Galician Jew ca. 1912 immigrant to Maine
>>
>>3231022

You're only a traitor when you lose. Vae Victis.
>>
>>3231024

But you like no fault divorce right?

You're the one ass blasted plastic Yankee who shows up in every conferderate thread
>>
>>3231034
>But you like no fault divorce right?
No, I'm against divorce entirely.
>>
>>3231011
>getting into a fight with some random at a bar is the same as fighting your brother
>>
>>3231024

That sounds like gang logic
>>
>>3231037
>still calling them brothers

I cut my own brother out of my life when he went to prison, he's dead to me.
>>
File: Christ-chan.jpg (75KB, 750x776px) Image search: [Google]
Christ-chan.jpg
75KB, 750x776px
>>3231035

Good man
>>
File: IMG_7868.jpg (41KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7868.jpg
41KB, 480x360px
>Yancucks fought for this
>>
>>3231049
>implying I give a shit about them

It's a union, and that implies unity. You try to break that, we break your legs.
>>
File: Pinochet meme 1.jpg (25KB, 600x425px) Image search: [Google]
Pinochet meme 1.jpg
25KB, 600x425px
>>3231053

>unity at all costs, even above freedom

Kill yourself commie
>>
File: IMG_7919.png (108KB, 1257x848px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7919.png
108KB, 1257x848px
>>3231053

Smelly dumb statist scum
>>
>>3231064
>Implying Germany only wanted Danzig
>>
Anything that goes against the prevailing groupthink triggers people OP.
>>
>>3230914
God that movie was awful.
>>
>>3231041
I'm sure that will help his rehabilitation into a productive and caring employee/family man upon his release. Maybe you should just shoot yourself. Then at least your imprisoned brother can carry on the family name with some semblance of honor and dignity without a chickenshit pussy like you ruining it
>>
>>3230914
People liked Gettysburg, this was just the poor man's followup.

Besides, movies like the Outlaw Josey Wales are universally liked, and that one follows a former Confederate being chased by villainous Union guerillas after the war is ended.

Also, the civil war was about slavery.
>>
>>3231118
>I'm sure that will help his rehabilitation into a productive and caring employee/family man upon his release

He's a degenerate and always will be, he has no desire for change because he thinks he did nothing wrong.
>>
Why do /pol/lacks always circlejerk over the losers of history?

Then again I suppose you guys need some kind of trophy even if it's just a participation one.
>>
Americans are stupid. That's it.
>>
>>3230939
he didn't say that.
>>
>>3231267
it also reminds them of their past.
>>
>>3231028
10/10 post
>>
>>3231263
>why do /po/tards always circle jerk the losers of history
Same reason leftypoltards do the same thing. When all of your ideas end up as failures, they're all you can look up too.
>>
>>3230939
It was, but it is far more complicated then that.

Union
>i pay my Irish workers 5 cents a hour. I dock his pay for any reason and fire him for any reason. at least it isn't slavery.

Confederate
>they might be slaves, but I keep them well cared for. I even allow them to work side jobs to earn money to buy their freedom.
>>
>>3231342
>Union: my life is shit but it's possible to change that if I work really, really hard
>Confederacy: my life is shit and can never change, also I'm a nigger
kys
>>
>>3230924
Your opinion on liberals is pretty black and white
>>
>>3230991
>Traitors
>Can't even figure out how to prosecute Jeff Davis
>>
>>3231014
Back to /pol/ you go faggot.
Trying to imply that the old age Repubs are same as the Republicans now you are fucking retarded.
>>
>>3231802
he didn't even mention republicans.
>>
>>3231342
> Implying that the slaves were cared for by their owners.
fuck off. Please.
>>
>>3231834
He is arguing that the Democrats are the same as they were back then. If that's true, so is the inverse (for Republicans).

The parties changed many times, one should classify what people supported what changes, and not fluid-like party systems.
>>
>>3231848
i think he was mostly referring to the historical reality.
>>
File: amer.png (89KB, 1277x833px) Image search: [Google]
amer.png
89KB, 1277x833px
>tfw if it weren't for Lincoln we would've had this
>>
>>3231870
He ignores the shift completely which is disingenuous.

If you want to argue that the Dems opposed black people due to their party system, and not the Southern culture, go ahead.
>>
>>3231889
he didn't say they were the exact same today. white americans are very racist people overall and this has been true throughout history into the present day.
>>
>>3231912
>white americans are very racist people overall

Compared to who?
>>
>>3231873

ugliest borders ever

>northern borders are mostly straight lines
>southern borders (continental) jut out three times
>plus some islands and an enclave in yucatan

this would ruin the aesthetic of any map these borders are ever in
>>
>>3231022
He was a republican fighting a tyrannical monarchy.
>>
Everyone needs to get over the goddamn war. No one is alive from that time, it's just LARPing at this point.
>>
>>3232029
But the north-south cultural divide persists to this day, and there are still social issues that are very much a consequence of the Civil War, albeit several generations removed. The south didn't economically recover until well into the 20th century, for instance, and you're kidding yourself if you think that hasn't affected their cultural landscape.
>>
>>3232056
Still, there's no need to go butthurt belt tier.
>>
>>3231342
>Slavery was pretty cool deal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrZZQzyhp7g&t=56s
>>
>>3231014
>What is the big party flip
>What is blaming the current party for view points it held 200 years ago
>What is the south now being republican when it used to be democrats.
Stop acting like you don't know history faggot. Everyone knows the parties flipped.
>>
>>3230914
>Preachy Christfaggot movie masquerading as a historic war epic.

Everyone knows protestants can't make a good film.
>>
File: sdgsg.png (206KB, 766x352px) Image search: [Google]
sdgsg.png
206KB, 766x352px
Gave this a good review, by the same guys

Maybe Gods and Generals was just a bad movie? Maybe it wasn't a conspiracy?
>>
>>3231342
I see this argument all the time like the Confederacy didn't have the wage system, and was some kind of worker's state.

I also am skeptical that anyone who posts this is for abolishing the wage system.
>>
>>3231011
If they formed their own nation then good 'old Abe broke basic international conventions by never declaring war. If they weren't a foreign nation then the federal government forgot that it presided over a voluntary union. Sure, declare war because you want territory and your agriculture back. Painting it as a moral crusade was a retroactive measure. Southerners did the same which is the origin of all the rhetoric about how slavery was justified by the Bible and other moral arguments for slavery.
>>
>>3230914
I liked Gods and Generals and Beards, watched it many times, but the critics were right. It was a terrible movie, overly sentimentalized, and poorly written and paced. I like it as a Civil War nerd. I cannot recommend it as a good film, or even as good history -- it's riddled with inaccuracies, but what Hollywood historical epic isn't?
>>
>>3231118
t. ex con
>>
>>3231014
>Le democrats are the real racist
>>>/r/t_donald
>>
>>3230914

Because of the plantation system's almost feudal and anarcho-syndacalistic agrarian overtones, complete with their own aristocracy.

But whites had it both shit in the north and the south, really.

>be a white factory worker
>get exploited by my employer
>get sent to an early grave for a variety of reasons, ranging from poor sanitation, overcrowding and poor working conditions or crime
>if i protest my circumstances, I'm likely to get a truncheon to the face

>be a white poorer farmer
>bank decides to forclose on my farm
>now I have to resort to sharecropping on the property of the fuckers whose exploitable labor pool forced me out of my home

And the best part is that both of them had to die to uphold economic systems that these people really didn't want to be involved in.
>>
File: communism pros and cons.jpg (61KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
communism pros and cons.jpg
61KB, 640x640px
>>3230914

Because liberals hate everything that's good and decent in this world.
>>
>>3231342
>Well cared for
I stopped reading here. Slavery was shit, there was only an extreme few slave owners that really took care of their slaves.

>Allow them to work side jobs to earn money to buy their freedom.
Extreme few, even then the money would belong to the slave owner and simply taken.
>>
>>3231342
>I even shoot them in the head when they disobey the overseers, and track them down in the swamp with attack dogs when they run away
FIFY
>>
>>3231873
>Implying if the US divided itself it would have even survived until the 21st Century
>>
>>3231064
Why is Ireland, Australia, South Africa, Canada and New Zealand highlighted? They were all dominions able to conduct their own foreign relations when WW2 broke out, dumb map poster
>>
File: hinson-position1[1].jpg (172KB, 606x474px) Image search: [Google]
hinson-position1[1].jpg
172KB, 606x474px
I imagine a movie about Jack Hinson would result in a 0% raiting on RT and the endless autistic screeching of liberals until the end of time, to discover the Union weren't the good guys they thought they were, and the ultimate revenge story being fought by a "racist white man".
>>
>>3232961
>Not everything that disagrees with me is a conspiracy by "Heel-luh-ree "

cuck
>>
>>3230939
The secession was about slavery
The war was about deciding the balance of power between state law and federal law
>>
>>3233061
There's nothing good or decent about people being property. It's among the most fundamentally opposed to the value of human life of any legal establishments, and you can't recognize that fact that's so obvious to even the most passive observer, you have no moral authority whatsoever.
>>
>>3233014
>by never declaring war.
Can you come up with other examples of leaders declaring war in order to suppress an internal insurrection?
>>
>>3231064
It must be done if it stops the eternal kraut from furthering his own agenda
>>
>>3230998

>Implying southerners are even human and not subhuman scum worthy of genocide
>>
>>3231064
Germany wanted as much as it could get its hands on, and don't you forget it. Hitler had decided for himself that the leaders of Europe were worms, and that he could just take what he wanted.
>>
>>3232027
England's monarchy was one of the most limited in Europe, we'd gotten out anti absolutist revolts done early, and beyond that, in the post AOC USA the only elected position were members of the house and president.
>>
File: 1481775943928.jpg (17KB, 236x315px) Image search: [Google]
1481775943928.jpg
17KB, 236x315px
>>3233140
>Movie about Old Jack's one man guerilla war

I want. I want so much. Who would you cast as Old Jack, anons?
>>
>>3230914
but any modern american should be triggered by traitors that tried to break the union
>>
File: photo.jpg (18KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
18KB, 250x250px
>>3233462
>Being patriotic to an artificial union shared with people you have nothing in common with instead of being loyal to your home state/region
>>
>This civil war was about states rights

um, no sweetie.

Educate yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHdESYvIDXQ
>>
DO NOT REPLY TO /POL/ TIER THREADS
IGNORE /POL/ TIER POSTS
DO NOT REPLY TO /POL/ TIER POSTERS

Shift+Click hides threads. Sage and move on.
>>
>>3233613
>nothing in common
>>
>>3233627
Not your safespace, you SJW faggot
>>
>>3233623
>*sips tea*
>>
Because they literally fought and died for the right to own people like property. As much as edgy /pol/ posters like to argue, I can't imagine few things worse than being a slave.
>>
>>3233439
Idris Elba
>>
>>3233928
You leftists literally want white people to be slaves to non whites though
>>
>>3234004
The incas were superior to europeans though
>>
>>3233928
>I can't imagine few things worse than being a slave.

being a freedman who starves to death after the union burns your plantation down and steals the food storages lol.
>>
>>3234010
>the anti white shill is so shit thst he can't even back up the "civil war was about slavery" myth

HAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHHAH
>>
>>3233061
What the fuck is it about /his/ that I have every single one of my filters from this board. It's like six now.
>>
>>3230914
Gods and Generals is pinnacle lost cause propaganda. Their is literally a scene where one of his slave celebrates as Jackson goes off to war. I liken to to moves like The Patriot.
>>
File: victory.jpg (223KB, 387x1030px) Image search: [Google]
victory.jpg
223KB, 387x1030px
>>3230914
Dunno, why does the Union trigger the right so much?
>>
File: 123542452345.jpg (708KB, 1198x1600px) Image search: [Google]
123542452345.jpg
708KB, 1198x1600px
Nothing to do with slavery, nope, nothing at all.
>>
>>3234035
>New England fuckery

he's right you know, the south lost when they didn't raze that puritan shithole after the war of 1812.
>>
>>3234029
when was the last time anybody of note on the right complained about statues of Lincoln or Grant?
>>
>>3230914

Americans*
>>
>>3233710
To be fair most /pol/ tier threads devolve into meaningless shitposting. This thread is an example.
>>
>>3234152
I've never seen a civil war thread not devolve into autistic shit posting.
>>
>>3234161
It was an autistic war
>>
>>3234175
Seeing that neither side wanted a compromise and wanted it their way 100% I'd say it was maximum autism. Industrial farming being right around the corner also made this war relatively pointless and just ruined the south permanently.
>>
>>3233140
>His sons were hanged on suspicion that they were guerrillas
>He kills possibly over 100 other father's and mother's sons as revenge

Sounds pretty horrible. I don't think liberals are under the illusion that war is ever 100% good vs evil. As a matter of fact, it's liberals that tend to be far more anti-war than conservative for reasons aforementioned. These being, that war is fucking horrible.

You're right that this story would make a great film, but not if they directed it as a eulogy for the confederacy.
>>
>>3233085
>>3233071
slaves were expensive pieces of farm equipment. especially after the US banned the importing of new slaves. which was decades before the civil war. only the slave owner could lay a hand on them or tell someone to lay a hand on them. since they were property. when the war was over and blacks were just people. murders of blacks went up.

slaves needed housing, food, clothing, and basic medical care. all of which added up to more expense than just paying some Mick a nickle a hour. you also had to security expenses. to keep them from running away and to keep someone else from taking them.

slaves had a lot free time. which they used to develop culture that then later served as the basis for a huge chunk of american culture.
>>
>>3230914
Not to turn this into /pol/ or current events but with the recent "Unite the Right" clashes, guess what now regardless what you think of the Confederacy and its monuments (for the record Do it again Based Sherman!) its going be politicized all because fuckheads just have to ruin everything.
>>
>>3234440
no on the South gives a shit about the statues until someone wants them taken down. if they just left the issue alone. then we could all move on and progress.
>>
>>3232101
When exactly did the big party flip happen? Oh wait, it didn't you fucking retard, the parties' platforms simply evolved, they didn't suddenly decide to adopt each other's platforms.
>>
>>3234455
LBJ and Nixon were the start.

LBJ's civil rights legislation angered all the Dixiecrats. Nixon took advantage of this with the Southern Strategy. the change was slow i nthe 70s and 80s because ford wasn't elected, carter was southern, reagan and bush were bland centrists. things started accelerating in the 90s because of massive news media being owned by a few people and becoming more and more entertainment. the boomers became firmly in charge. reagan and bush's immigrant amnesty set off a demographics bomb in califoirnia.
>>
>>3234450
Maybe not take them down.
>>
>>3234480
It's damage control because of one edgy cunt shooting up a black church, it's all out of proportion
>>
Because the CSA is the Bogeyman who gave the Federals the biggest threat to their existence
>>
>>3234450
>>3234486
That's what I think we should have done but one racist asshole murdering 9 black people just had to ruin it for everyone and now these (((alt-fags))) will just keep pissing people off instead of having people appreciate or look at the history of these monuments and the Civil War in general.
>>
>it's not about racism
>all the people that support the confederates are racists
really makes you think
>>
>>3234014
reality is anti wh*Te
>>
>>3234014
Did you read the Articles of Secession?
>>
File: upinarms-map-large.jpg (2MB, 3167x2159px) Image search: [Google]
upinarms-map-large.jpg
2MB, 3167x2159px
>>3233633
Someone from New York or California dosen't have much in commons with Someone from the deep south, not only that they often despise eachothers
>>
>>3234455
> implying that Southern culture isn't as racist as the North
Black-hating Dems in the South turned to black-hating Repubs in the South.

You think all those KKK supporters/nationalists vote Republican to help their Black brothers?
>>
>>3234014
>>3233928
Lost Causer please go.
>>
>>3231011
Bullshit. Focus on actually legitimate pro-Union arguments, please, like abolitionism or the idea that the South started shooting. The idea that the South was wrong simply because they seceded is not a legitimate argument, since the colonies had done the same thing in 1776.
>>
>>3234569
northern and left coast racism doesn't get watched as carefully as it is in the South. So everyone in the South is on their best behavior because they know they are watched. While racism incidents in Yankeeland and the Left Coast get pawned off as isolated incidents or anything but racism.
>>
>>3234505
the ironic thing. is that a lot of these monuments were put up in the early 20th century as gestures of healing and unification.
>>
File: concernedpepe.jpg (3KB, 125x103px) Image search: [Google]
concernedpepe.jpg
3KB, 125x103px
>>3234558
>the left coast
>>
>>3234585
You are right.
We should ignore how all the white nationalists like David Duke end up in the Republican party, and instead scream media bias like always!

Are you telling me, for real, that racism isn't more prevalent in the South?

Do you see a relationship with the amount of white nationalists and their political party?
>>
>>3234626
White nats don't subscribe to political parties, or at least they aren't supposed to considering neither of the majors and none of the minors benefits them
>>
File: images.png (2KB, 109x109px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
2KB, 109x109px
>>3234585
Oh looks like David made some more Press Coverage today..

Speaking about the nationalist meeting in Virginia...
“This represents a turning point for the people of this country,” the former Grand Wizard of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan said at the rally.
“We are determined to take our country back,” Duke continued.“We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump,” Duke said. “That’s what we believed in, that’s why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he’s going to ‘take our country back’ and that’s what we gotta do.”
>>
>>3232056
I think it's more rural/urban nowadays. t. Rural Minnesotan
>>
>>3234632
> let's ignore all the ones who voted and advocated for Trump.
>>
>>3234626
Atzlan, black nationalists, black lives matter, antfia, (((pro immigration people that talk about how the west needs "replacement population"))), history revisionists trying to make all historical figures and achievements the work of anyone but white people(we wuz romans and britons), people that say there is no such thing as native swedes/french or that swedes have no culture.
>>
>>3234660
They aren't white nats, they're just racist republicans, if they were white nats they wouldn't vote at all and would live off the grid like the actual white nats the SPLC goes on about all the time
>>
>>3231011
>side lost therefore they are traitors
>you would be saying the same thing about the north if the south won
t. fucking idiot
>>
>>3234354
Except that's all but a fucking lie. Liberal are trying to drag us into Syria, even if they're the BUSH LIED KIDS DIED crowd.
>>
>>3234689
>if history was different you would be telling a different thing!
woah such profound thinking
>>
>>3234569
Anyone above 60 still votes Democrat in the South, at least in Alabama. It's a heritage and identity thing.
>Well, he's a smart nigger, I'll give him that.
t. My grandfather in 08, when asked if he was voting for Obama. Hated gays, blacks, socialism, and anything that wasn't pure, red blooded Capitalism, but voted straight Democrat his entire life.
>>
File: CSA punching pepe.png (46KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
CSA punching pepe.png
46KB, 785x757px
>move to Colorado from Texas
>discover that rural rednecks are flying the Confederate flag as some conservative culture thing
>they have literally nothing to do with the South
I mean it's all good in my book but it's fucking strange to see. You see it in Texas and it's easy to just say "well it's the South, duh", but up North it's kinda bizarre.

https://youtu.be/omqqGViq3Ng
thread theme
>>
>>3234626
>region with more blacks has more racism towards blacks

wow, really makes you think. Next you're going to tell me that anti-mexican racism is more prevalent in the southwest.
>>
>>3231549
>Union: my life is shit but it's possible to change that if I am really, really lucky
ftfy
>>
>>3234516
>>3234552
>>3234577
>not a single argument from THREE nigger worshipping cucks
Why are you SJWs so dumb?
>>
Confederate nostalgia seems like such a bizarre and unfortunate thing. And people thinking they're being some sort of revolutionaries for it?

The Confederates tried to literally destroy the US and they fought for years killing thousand of Americans in the process.
In any other country they would have been slaughtered like animals, not treated like romantic heroes. The North were huge pussies at this.
The Confederacy lasted for 4 years out of, what?, almost 400 years of history of the American South? Why is this the only essential Southern "heritage"? It just seems wrong.

What about all the Southerners that fought in the Union to keep their country whole? This wasn't the North vs South, it was patriotic Americans vs Separatists.
I wouldn't be surprised if some Confederates of today actually had ancestors on the Union side.

t. non-American
>>
>>3234912
>the non American worships big government and nigger worshipping
Not a surprise, desu
>>
>>3234912
Andrew Johnson and Grant essentially did destroy the South. Which created all the resentment in the South towards the North.
>>
>>3234912
>OMG THEY WANTED TO DESTROY THE UNION

The union would have still existed dumbass. Did the UK stop existing when Ireland left? Will the EU stop existing when the UK left?
>>
>>3234912
>joining a federal government led by a sectarian party in the invasion of your homeland is "real patriotism"

wew, the left really did a number on your head bub
>>
>>3234912
>when Arkansas leaves the Union, clearly Maine will cease to exist
>>
>>3235020
>Arkansas is pronounced Ar-Can-Saw
Can an American explain this to me? Why the fuck isn't Kansas Can-Saw?
>>
>>3234926
>nigger worshipping
So why didn't the South simply abolish slavery and repatriate the Black people to Africa?

>>3234956
You're comparing apples to oranges. The Irish were a different people that fought for self determination. The EU isn't a federal state or state of any sort and the countries are still officially sovereign. Britain always remained a sovereign country.

And yes, the South leaving might have caused the full dissolution of the Union because it set a precedent.

>>3234992
>Americans "invaded" their own homeland
I'm not even a "leftist", ironically enough.
>>
>>3235042
arkansas is pronounced the french way because they were the first settlers to explore and name the region. The later Kansas settlers pronounced it literally.
>>
>>3234908
>>3234552 here

Here you go you fucking imbecile. You should be able to look this up.

On Dec. 24, 1860, delegates at South Carolina’s secession convention adopted a “Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union.” It noted “an increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to *the institution of slavery.*"

“Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery — the greatest material interest of the world,*” proclaimed Mississippi in its own secession declaration, passed Jan. 9, 1861. "Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of the commerce of the earth. ... A blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization.*”

"the Constitution [that] requires them [Northern states] to surrender fugitives from labor," says Georgia.
>>
>>3234908
"We hold as undeniable truths that the governments of the various States, and of the confederacy itself, were established exclusively by the white race, for themselves and their posterity; that the African race had no agency in their establishment; that they were rightfully held and regarded as an inferior and dependent race, and in that condition only could their existence in this country be rendered beneficial or tolerable."
That in this free government all white men are and of right ought to be entitled to equal civil and political rights; that the servitude of the African race, as existing in these States, is *mutually beneficial to both bond and free*, and is abundantly authorized and justified by the experience of mankind, and the revealed will of the Almighty Creator, says Texas.

"The new Constitution has put at rest forever all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institutions--African slavery as it exists among us--the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution [...] The general opinion of the men of that day [Revolutionary Period] was, that, somehow or other, in the order of Providence, the institution [slavery] would be evanescent and pass away [...] Our new Government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas;* its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition,"* says Alexander Hamilton Stephens.

Really makes you think.
>>
>>3231064
The Nazi party wanted Russia to be to Germany what India was to the UK
>>
>>3235059
>The Irish were a different people that fought for self determination.
lol what a non-answer, your identity isn't controlled by your opponent. The southerners were just as different as northerners are they were with Canadians or other british colonists.

>the South leaving might have caused the full dissolution of the Union because it set a precedent.

oh no, a government set up after a fight for independence based on local determination living up to its ideals, how terrible.

>Americans "invaded" their own homeland
The 13 colonies fought together for the independence of their individual states, go read the treaty of paris. They formed a constitution together based on mutual goodwill, that goodwill was broken with the rise of the Republican party. The southern states voted to secede because of it. They did not "belong" to the north nor were they the north's "homeland". Some southern states had existed as a polity for over twice as long as the US had even existed at that point. You can't retroactively apply the increased USA nationalism of the postbellum period.
>>
>>3233045
are you saying that liberals are not racist?
all of black america would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>3234558
>vermont not a seperate region
>>
File: 1502249151173m.jpg (122KB, 654x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502249151173m.jpg
122KB, 654x1024px
>>3230939
>North offers the south slavery
>They refuse
>B-b-but the war is over slavery!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corwin_Amendment
>>
File: 1502248985637.png (45KB, 589x743px) Image search: [Google]
1502248985637.png
45KB, 589x743px
>>3235181
>>3235195
>In the year 1765, that portion of the British Empire embracing Great Britain, undertook to make laws for the government of that portion composed of the thirteen American Colonies. A struggle for the right of self-government ensued, which resulted, on the 4th of July, 1776, in a Declaration, by the Colonies, "that they are, and of right ought to be, FREE AND INDEPENDENT STATES; and that, as free and independent States, they have full power to levy war, conclude peace, contract alliances, establish commerce, and to do all other acts and things which independent States may of right do."

>They further solemnly declared that whenever any "form of government becomes destructive of the ends for which it was established, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute a new government." Deeming the Government of Great Britain to have become destructive of these ends, they declared that the Colonies "are absolved from all allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain is, and ought to be, totally dissolved."
https://www.civilwar.org/learn/primary-sources/declaration-causes-seceding-states#South_Carolina

Hmm really makes you think. It's almost like you cherrpicked or something ...
>>
>>3234440
Fuck off to reddit you faggot.
>>
>>3234035
>>3234063
>New England fuckery
>Trusting the Eternal New Anglo
NOT EVEN ONCE
>>
File: americaexplained.png (26KB, 1041x542px) Image search: [Google]
americaexplained.png
26KB, 1041x542px
>>
>implying American politics aren't just right and right but pretending to care about others whilst not actually caring at all
>>
>>3235466
the democrats are leftist, and like all leftists that are anti white
>>
>>3235276
This would work better if first panel only had country balls without solder gear and they only get it in last panel.
>>
>>3235285
>cherrypicking when the articles said exactly what I was arguing

Wew
The South seceded over slavery and the secession caused the war.
>>
>>3235466
it's liberals versus conservatives

that's an important distinction because liberals aren't really Marxist (although some of them are), while our conservatives have more traditional right wing beliefs.
>>
>>3235534
Wew, the refusal of the Corwin amendment and the articles themselves prove beyond any doubt that the South left because it wanted independence in itself, not.just
>Muh slaves
>>
>>3235534
>The South seceded over slavery
Where does this meme even come from, how ignorant of American history do you have to be to say this unironically?
>>
>>3235472
>>3235559
Not that guy but you're genuinely politically illiterate if you actually think this way, the democrats would be considered right wing anywhere else on the planet
>>
>>3235605
>Republicans are right wing
No
>Democrats are left/right wing
No
They are both just different forms of capitalist liberalism.
>>
>>3235605
it flies in the face of the dynamic elsewhere, but the Democrats are leftist in a loose sense, but with emphasis on left liberalism and much less on left marxism.
>>
>>3235644
>but with emphasis on left liberalism and much less on left marxism.
WRONG, why do they fund terrorist groups like BLM and antifa then?
>>
>>3235591
The Articles of Secession.
>>3235195
>>3235181
>>
>>3235450
Unironically this.
Pretty much all white Southerners call themselves Americans on censuses to make a political point. Unlike in the North where they call themselves Germans because their last name is Schwartz.
>>
>>3234450
This.
And even if you do have a problem with them, they're your heritage. Russians shouldn't knock down statues of Marx or Lenin, because they were massively important figures to their history, regardless of how you feel about them today.
>>
>>3230914
Because they operate on a batshit insane
White people evil Non white good moral compass.
>>
>>3234440
>haha le sherman xDDD amirite fellow reddi- uh 4channers?
Fuck off you embarrassment.
>>
>>3232056
You sound like a nigger crying for reparations because his ancestor was a slave, get over it.
>>
>>3233047
>life sucked 200 years ago
what an enlightening fucking revelation, no shit
>>
>>3233047
>plantation system's almost feudal and anarcho-syndacalistic agrarian overtones

kys
>>
>>3231024
Like the British Empire right?
Thread posts: 180
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.