[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ishmael

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: hagar-ishmael-augo4.jpg (35KB, 403x574px) Image search: [Google]
hagar-ishmael-augo4.jpg
35KB, 403x574px
Can /his/ tell me more about Ishmael? Why didnt he become the '' chosen''? Is it true that arabs are ishmaelites?
>>
The same Esav isn't the chosen. The chosen are the descendants of Israel.

>Is it true that arabs are ishmaelites?
Eh, maybe. Ishmael probably didn't exit, but he could arguably represent Arabs.
>>
>>3229388
Nope

Arabs divided into Arabized Arabs aka Adnanites(these are the Ishamelites) and True Arabs aka Qatanites

The Arabs are not Ishmaelites.
>>
who are you even talking about op
>>
>>3229388
because he wasn't from Abraham's first wife. Abraham's story revolves around problems arising that get in the way of Abraham having a child with Sara to trace his lineage through. first pharoah taking his wife which God solves by warning him to give back Sara, then Sara giving him Hagar (it was a common practice in the ancient near east for an infertile wife to give her husband a servant as a concubine for the purpose of having a child by proxy) then God tells Abraham to listen to Sara and banish Hagar and her son, along with being clear that his line will not be traced through him. next there's the episode where Abimelech takes Sara just like with pharaoh. parts of the text imply that abimelech actually did have sex with Sara. God seals the wombs of every woman in Abimelech's household while Sara was there (including Sara) and Abimelech receives a punishment from God despite that he was not at fault due to Abraham's lie, for which Abraham must intercede for him with a sacrifice. then of course is the sacrifice of Isaac. the very thing promised to Abraham God demands be offered to him. as a reward for going through with the act Abraham keeps his heir and is promised (again) that his line will multiply into an entire nation.
>>
>>3229415
>Adnanites
>Qatanites
Both traditionally claim descent from Ishmael.

>>3230333
He's talking about Abraham's first son, one he had with an Egyptian slave or something.
>>
>>3231255
it could be because she was an egyptian and therefore not Abraham's kin. Abraham makes sure to get a wife from his clan and Esau was frowned upon for taking a canaanite wife while jacob goes to his uncle Laban to get his wives.
>>
>>3231394
get a wife from his clan for Isaac I mean
>>
>that awful feel when there's never enough jewbook rule34
>>
>this is what kike on a stick worshippers argue about every fucking day
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.