[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point of this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: boer republics.png (192KB, 611x509px) Image search: [Google]
boer republics.png
192KB, 611x509px
why did they not just create one boer state?
>>
>>3229169
Because they were boered of nation building.
>>
Why create one?
>>
>>3229194
Fuck off carlos
>>
>>3229201
cause fooking Anglos trying to create a colony where Dutch farmers had been for generations
and strength in unity

but actually, OP raises a good question and I wonder why the fuck there had to be multiple Boer republics
>>
>>3229169
colonization was privately orientated
>>
>>3229169
bump
>>
>>3229435
There didn't. There were attempts to combine the Orange Free State and Transvaal, but they couldn't decide on who would lead, and British meddling fucked over a lot of plans.
>>
File: BoerRepublics.png (422KB, 1270x671px) Image search: [Google]
BoerRepublics.png
422KB, 1270x671px
>>3229169
You think that's bad?

That's not even all the Boer republics that were ever proclaimed
>>
Are Boers the only people more autistic then Germans?
>>
>>3229169
There were different factions which were virtually a coalition under Paul Kruger. The British wanted to take all the diamonds that were on the Boer's land.
>>
>>3232761
Ulstermen
>>
>>3229169
>small population of rural decentralised farmers spread out over a massive territory
>"HURR WHY CREATE MULTIPLE SMALL STATES INSTEAD OF ONE HUGE STATE, FORGET ABOUT THE LOGISTICS OF MANAGING IT"
>>
File: Bantustans_in_South_Africa.svg.png (647KB, 3000x2629px) Image search: [Google]
Bantustans_in_South_Africa.svg.png
647KB, 3000x2629px
Call me dumb but what is the difference between Boer homelands and Bantustans?
>>
So what's the deal with Lesotho?
>>
>>3233497
Bantustans were pretty much reservations for the blacks. Iirc they were the only places in SA where blacks could own land. SA also considered them to be independent countries (to deny them govt services and not include them in national statistics), although no other countries recognized them.
>>
>>3233507
The Brits got along with the Sotho king Moshoeshoe, so they let him rule his own land, nominally under the British crown but with somewhat more autonomy. However, this was a fraction of the land he had before. The good farmland surrounding what is now Lesotho was taken from them, leaving the Sotho to be relegated to the mountainous parts of their territory.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.