[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ancient civilization and nation with absurd population that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: china.png (130KB, 754x527px) Image search: [Google]
china.png
130KB, 754x527px
>ancient civilization and nation with absurd population that lasted thousands of years
>only invented paper and gunpowder (which they couldn't utilize to even 5% of its potential until europeans and muslims got their hands on it)
explain this
>>
>only
>>
>>3228604
Rule of law, legalism, confucian principles, etc.
>>
>>3228610
China's overall contribution to science and technology is nothing compared with practically any prominent west european country.
>>
>>3228604
Gunpowder: Hand grenade, Handgonne, Rocket propelled arrows, proto artillery, smoke launchers.

Paper: Mass production of cheaply made writing materials utilised in bureaucracy, trade, wrappings and more.

What more do you want from them?
>>
>>3228624
Incas were superior to europeans though.
>>
>>3228624
Alright jimbo, all you going to post your "quantifiable contribution" page again? I would really love to know how the author determined what technology and how they influenced each other merits more then others.
>>
File: discourse + sources.png (164KB, 1817x321px) Image search: [Google]
discourse + sources.png
164KB, 1817x321px
>>3228604
>no sources
>no attempt at high quality discourse

Mods, do your fucking job already.
>>
File: notthisshitagain.jpg (48KB, 604x340px) Image search: [Google]
notthisshitagain.jpg
48KB, 604x340px
>>3228635
>>
>>3228656
I feel like I'm going to lose it. It's just such a shitty bait, that at first I kinda laughed at it and now it's like that asshole neighbor popping up to your garage.
>>
>>3228634
>Gunpowder: Hand grenade, Handgonne, Rocket propelled arrows, proto artillery, smoke launchers.
which one of these was invented by chinks again?
sure they INVENTED gunpowder but 99% of its refinement was done by europeans (and later americans)and turks to some extend.
>>
They were content of killing each other with sword and spear
>>
>>3228654
Go away, you contributed nothing. Im asking you what made chinese thinkers pale in comparison to what Romans and later Europeans would invent. Its not like they were primitive society.
>>
No Christianity leads to: no soul, no inventive (except inventing evil things which lead to dehumanization) and suicide, all very common things in East Asia
>>
>>3228709
Hand Greanade was first used during the Yuan Song wars where Chinese soldiers used a small fragmentstional device loaded up with gunpowder to disperse Mongol Cavarly.

Hand Gonne was first used by the Yuan Jurchens, developed on a pre existing incendiary device called the firelance. The firelance was a large polearm with two bamboo wrapped attachments that launched fragments at enemies in an explosive force. The Handgonne however was a bronze cast attached to end of lances to be used against the enemy before engaging cqc. There were three barrelled versions.

Rocket Propelled arrows were used during sieges to disperse enemy combatants and break moral. It worked as intended during the Imjin Wars where heavily armoured Japanese levies with Portuguese matchlocks were deterred by Korean (albeit heavily modified version) firearrow carts.

Proto Artillery was first discovered in the War Manual: Wubezhi, which showed depictions of portable cast iron canisters that shot out heavy bronze balls. Modified versions were used to launch poison smoke instead.

This information Is readily available to the public. Why not research first?

Rocket propelled arrows didn't exist in
>>
>its another "ignorant fool bashes chinks" episode
>>
>>3228624
>He has to compare the achievement of one nation to that of a continent
So it's a HA IT TOOK 5 OF YOU TO TAKE DOWN ME scenario?
>>
>>3228724
Yep, romans were decadent and cruel, devoid of all humanly essence and susceptible to the sins of mankind. Gunpowder, paper, concrete, glass are evil and should never be used, lest they taint your righteous soul.
>>
>>3228794
>glass

Phoenicians and Egyptians, bitch.
>>
>its another fedoraposter who judges civilizations by scientific achievement
back to /r/atheism you fucking burger
>>
>>3228774
Not that I agree with him considering the Chinese invented paper, printing press and meritocratic that would be crucial to the further development of Europe.
But you have to remember the Imperial Chinese Dynasties were larger than Rome at it largest extend.
One could even argue that China would fall behind because of the failure of the Europeans to reunite the Empire
>>
>>3228604
>explain this

I can only explain that you don't know what you're talking about. Will that suffice?
>>
>>3228604
Constant wars and all sort of uncomfortable things, they always lacked the level of stability required to polish any concept beyond a certain point.
Fragile society, fragile civilization.
>>
>>3228709
>turks to some extend
They lead the technology for at least two centuries.
>>
>>3228664
And you keep pretending that it doesn't exist, alright.

Inca superiority is a fact. History has demonstrated it knowing their higher development rate compared to europeans.
>>
>>3228616
>Confucian principles
Outside of China, and Southeast Asia, those are really not very influential or important.
>>
>>3230726
>lacked the level of stability
>Ming was arguable one of the most stable Empire in all of History until the rebellions during the little ice age which causes
famines and plagues.
>Constant wars and all sort of uncomfortable things
What "things" are you even referring too? If you are referring to the Qing inability to westernize then yes, you are correct.
Wars is the reason why Europe would dominate the world, China, with exception of the Song, never had any rivals to compete with.
>>3231075
>Outside of China, and Southeast Asia, those are really not very influential or important.
I guess those philosophers from the Enlightenment weren't important.
>>
>>3232942
>Confucianism
>influencing Europe
lel
>>
>>3228604
>only invented paper and gunpowder (which they couldn't utilize to even 5% of its potential until europeans and muslims got their hands on it)
Because your bullshit premise is totally false.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_inventions
>>
>>3228647
He went through a western encyclopedia, and counted all of the biographical entries.
>>
They focused on efficient government, effective governing was placed somewhat higher above immediate inventions.

Right now china is at its most capable due to the reduced strain of effective government with modern technology
>>
>>3228807
Yes, Phoenicians and Egyptians made glass, what about it?
>>
>>3232991
Voltaire was quite the sinoboo.
>>
>>3232991
Why you even post here?
>>
File: cutebomber.jpg (27KB, 1022x683px) Image search: [Google]
cutebomber.jpg
27KB, 1022x683px
>>3233202
I think it can be argued it inspired euros to look back at their more fairer terms of employment in the past before people started doing the "i wuz the kangz son" thing
>>
>>3232991
well upon the arrival of confucian texts and descriptions of chinese government written and translated by jesuit missionaries to europe, some european countries, particularly germany, during the 18th to 19th century attempted to form something akin to a scholar-gentry class. it obviously failed as this class was confucian through and through, but it eventually became this sort of educational ideal which would then influence wilhelm von humbolt and the humbolt university in then-prussia. the humboltian idea of the university would eventually become the basis for the modern research university. this cemented the change away from the medieval university where all the faculties had some sort of relation to theology. the new idea of the university became one centered around philosophy due to secularity, freedom, and reason, which is quite similar to the scholar-gentry class in china who studied secular, confucian texts (in contrast to religious daoist and buddhist texts).

of course, the influence of confucianism is indirect and thus somewhat minor, as humbolt was probably more influence by post-kantian philosophers, but it is still there is an influence anyways.

if you want to read more on this change, kant wrote a book/essay called "the conflict of the faculties".
>>
File: 1501322519511.png (205KB, 416x433px) Image search: [Google]
1501322519511.png
205KB, 416x433px
>>3228604
This shit should be ban worthy, baka.

Read a fucking book OP.
>>
>>3231075
Modern meritocratic civic officials are based on legalist principles. Oh and exams. The dreaded nightmare of a failed student.
>>
Can anyone explain how China was always able to support such a fuckhuge population?

Is the soil that fertile around the Yellow and Yangtze?
>>
Terrible bait thread, but the topic is an interesting one. Has anyone here actually read Needham's 7 volume 27 book Science and Civilization in China? I haven't, but my impression from what I've heard of it is that it deepens the mystery of why China didn't have an industrial revolution during the Song Dynasty. They were extremely technically sophisticated.
>>
>>3228604
Actually, western europe was technologically still behind China until the real industrial revolution started, so until 1800 or so. The GDP per capita of the chinese coastal areas was still the biggest in the world around 1800, and Chinas economy to that point was still twice as large as all eruopeans combined:

https://infogram.com/share-of-world-gdp-throughout-history-1gjk92e6yjwqm16
>>
>>3228604
>explain this
A few hundred years of invention and discovery means sweet fuck all in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>3228709
tell me where are you mongrel cuck?
>>
>>3234080

Rice yields far more per acre than wheat, but it's also more labor intensive. You can support many more people on a rice paddy compared to an equal sized wheat field.

China also has advanced agricultural techniques for the time. For example, a rice paddy also served as a fishery. The fish were fed with leftovers and scraps, and eaten over the winter by preserving them in fermented rice.
>>
>>3230824
>>3228709
>t*rks

If they were so great why did they need to use foreigners for the cannons in Constantinople?
>>
>>3234032
>China invented the civic system and schools!!
>>
>>3230726
>China can't develop because constant wars
>Europe became advanced because constant wars
>>
>>3234336
They 100% invented the civil service exam. It was only invented once in human history.
>>
>>3234351
>civil service exam
What countries still have these? I've only ever heard of them in reference to shithole countries.
>>
>>3234342
Europe advanced by plagiarizing everyone else around them
they were modern China back then
>>
>>3234360
Every single country has civil service exams at some level or another.
http://www.pearsonvue.com/fsot/

The world's most efficient bureaucracy, Singapore's, is chosen by examination.
>>
>>3228635
Based Incatard
>>
>>3234360
>What countries still have these?
For example, US of A.
http://www.federaljobs.net/exams.htm

>I've only ever heard of them in reference to shithole countries.
Just like USA, right?
>>
>>3234464
>usa
>not a shithole
>>
>>3228624
Greece is an asian country and invented far more diverse things than england

USA is an afrocaribbean country and invented more things than Europe

India invented more things than Sweden
>>
>>3234360
>What countries still have these?

Every country with actual meritocracy and not rule of money like JEWSA
>>
>>3234423
>The world's most efficient bureaucracy, Singapore's, is chosen by examination.
They don't have civil service examinations. Handing out scholarships and hiring top graduates isn't anything special.
>>
>>3228604
>(which they couldn't utilize to even 5% of its potential until europeans and muslims got their hands on it)

>the proper civilized use of an explosive substance is to slaughter people by the thousands instead of amusing children at an annual festival with a loud noise.

when will those chinks realize the superiority of western cultural values
>>
>>3234938
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>implying
>>
File: vzbhayzhlk3z.jpg (42KB, 452x440px) Image search: [Google]
vzbhayzhlk3z.jpg
42KB, 452x440px
This level of /pol/ bait posting should be bannable.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.