[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about this man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: Cesare Borgia.jpg (20KB, 220x268px) Image search: [Google]
Cesare Borgia.jpg
20KB, 220x268px
Tell me about this man
>>
Incestual fucker who wanted the eden apple
>>
>>322811

Why does he wear the hat?
>>
I am also interested in knowing more about Valentino.

Machiavelli seems to portray him as the most ruthless and efficient politician of his day, but I have not read anything specifically about him.
>>
According to some guy on wikipedia he was "An immensely capable general and statesman"
>>
File: 6685180931_5263f5f984.jpg (155KB, 335x500px) Image search: [Google]
6685180931_5263f5f984.jpg
155KB, 335x500px
>>322811
> "I will not live in the same rooms as the Borgias lived. He [Alexander VI] desecrated the Holy Church as none before. He usurped the papal power by the devil's aid, and I forbid under the pain of excommunication anyone to speak or think of Borgia again. His name and memory must be forgotten. It must be crossed out of every document and memorial. His reign must be obliterated. All paintings made of the Borgias or for them must be covered over with black crepe. All the tombs of the Borgias must be opened and their bodies sent back to where they belong - to Spain."

-Jullius II
>>
>>322834

Didn't Julius literally put a corpse on trial?
>>
>>322834
Popes just mad that Borgias tried to kek them out of Italy
>>
>>322834
If he was that bad how did he get elected?
>>
Any good books on him?
>>
History doesn't recount who gave Cesare Borgia syphilis, but we do know when and where he got it. In the summer of 1497, he was a 22-year-old cardinal, sent as papal legate by his father, Pope Alexander VI, to crown the king of Naples and broker a royal marriage for his sister, Lucrezia.

His work accomplished, Cesare took to the streets. Machiavelli, his contemporary and a man with a wit as unflinching as his politics, has left a chilling account of his coupling with a prostitute who, when he lights a lamp afterwards, is revealed as a bald, toothless hag so hideous that he promptly throws up over her.

Given Cesare's elevated status, his chosen women no doubt were more enticing, but the sickness they gave him (and suffered themselves) was to prove vicious. First a chancre appeared on his penis, then crippling pains throughout his body and a rash of itching, weeping pustules covering his face and torso.
>>
Seriously senpaitachi what did he actually do?
>>
>>322909
He took control of the papal states, with the money and backing of his father the pope. When the new pope got in, his support was ended and he lost power.
>>
>>322811
Borgias were decent popes, then along come the Italian wars and the new guys blamed the Borgias for everything.
>>
>>322918
What do you mean he took control? Through war?
>>
>>322918
Didn't also destroy all images of black Jesus and had art with Jesus repainted so Jesus would look like him?
>>
Any details on his Military Career? I see he won many victories but not much details
>>
>>323002
He wanted to unite Italy through conquest, but he died pretty early due to illness, long before he could become a big threat for the biggest states and dukedoms of the peninsula. It's not the longest shot to assume that given the time he could have managed to do that.
>>
>>323016
Didn't he die after he was ambushed in Navarra?
>>
>>323026
Yes.

He became lord of various places via appointment by Alexander Borgia (father) bribery (lordship of various of cities were purchased) and conquest of those who refused to obey the Pope. He was a decent general and very charismatic. When his father.died unexpectedly Cesare was in a bad position. He was taken prisoner and lost his fortune. The new pope stripped his titles and power base away and eventually cesare fled back to Spain
>>
>>322948
Stop.
>>
>>323036
Did he have any service in the Italian wars?
>>
>>323036
>Decent
Most sources say he was better than that, I can't find any instances of him losing, but I haven't looked much
>>
File: ACRbackslap_1320383165.jpg (42KB, 463x260px) Image search: [Google]
ACRbackslap_1320383165.jpg
42KB, 463x260px
>Fair Lucrezia could not sate,
>Her appetite for lovers.
>But I suspect she would be fine,
>With two or three more brothers.

>Cesare, oh Cesare,
>A man of great depravity,
>Believed himself immortal
>till he had a date with gravity.

>Young Cesare, I heard him say, could not be >killed by man
>So I tossed him in the air to see where he >would land
>>
>>323102
He did nothing wrong in Brotherhood.
>>
>>323016
>winning against Venice

nah
>>
>>322872
Bribery and coercion.
>>
>>323124
He won against everyone else
>>
>>322811
He was the original Garibaldi
>I must unite the Italian people under my flag
>>
>>323167
Except Garibaldi was successful
>>
>>322815
>/his/ isn't learned in the arts of baneposting
WHO PAID YOU
TO GRAB IMOLA
>>
He was cool
>>
-Fucking my sister was a mistake
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.