[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the most profitable fortress of northern Europe. Say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: Moneymaker.jpg (1MB, 1831x1038px) Image search: [Google]
Moneymaker.jpg
1MB, 1831x1038px
This is the most profitable fortress of northern Europe. Say something something nice about it!
>>
>>3224420

Profitable how? Does that mean they charge high prices for getting to see it?
>>
File: Helsingor_1588.jpg (71KB, 449x321px) Image search: [Google]
Helsingor_1588.jpg
71KB, 449x321px
>>3224440
It guards the Oeresund in Denmark, every ship entering or leaving the Baltic sea had to stop and pay 1-2% toll on the cargo value. This payed Denmark national budged for the 16th and 17th centuries. If you didn't stop and pay, they'd sink you. Denmark was a pirate state.
>>
>>3224463

Oh, cool. Is it still in use today?
>>
File: Battle-of-Copenhagen-BBB.jpg (85KB, 944x555px) Image search: [Google]
Battle-of-Copenhagen-BBB.jpg
85KB, 944x555px
>>3224463
why pirate? it was their sovereign right
anglos are the real pirates
>>
>>3224492
>force ships in international waters to port and pay taxes
>not a pirate
pick one
>>
>>3224420
Hamlet's castle looks Jewish
>>
File: Carl_Gustaf_Wrangel_1662.jpg (302KB, 892x1131px) Image search: [Google]
Carl_Gustaf_Wrangel_1662.jpg
302KB, 892x1131px
>>3224420
That's a nice castle you got there, it would be such a shame of something was to happen to it.
>>
>>3224501
You sure you are smart enough for this board?
>>
>>3224500
> Oeresund
> international waters
Anglos even claimed rivers were international waters, they attacked China and Argentina for closing their rivers
>>
>>3224539
>rivers
we are not talking about a river, we are talking about the entrance to the baltic see, a strait. Denmark was parasitic on ships, they did not provide any service at all.
>>
File: Jan_von_werth.jpg (28KB, 298x432px) Image search: [Google]
Jan_von_werth.jpg
28KB, 298x432px
>>3224505
Need a spanking again?
>>
>>3224599
Poor little Danish boy has to ask Germany for help to defeat Sweden
>>
>>3224677
I'm sorry did you mean

>sw*dick
>>
>>3224539
Don't remember the Brits setting up toll stations in Gibraltar or Singapore.
>>
File: FWP.jpg (60KB, 323x454px) Image search: [Google]
FWP.jpg
60KB, 323x454px
>build the fort in a pit so as to avoid being easily targeted by cannons
>put a big ass resort castle that sticks out of the horizon like crazy on top of it
>>
>>3226283
Likely they built the castle way before the fort.
>>
>>3224500
>international waters
If you're within cannon-range of the shore, you're not in international waters.
>>
>>3226358
>Gibraltar, Singapore, Istanbul
>all international water ways
I suppose you don't have a single source for your claim?
>>
>>3226303
It's lucky for us that they didn't dismantled it, then.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.