[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he the Machiavellian genius that everyone make him out to be?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: RichelieuChampaigne.jpg (81KB, 528x730px) Image search: [Google]
RichelieuChampaigne.jpg
81KB, 528x730px
Is he the Machiavellian genius that everyone make him out to be?
>>
>>3224231
Well he lost in the end so no
>>
>>3224231
Somewhat yes.
>>
>>3224243

So did Machiavelli.
>>
Well, he was prime minister at the time France became Europe's greatest power. So I do not see how you could not give him much of the credit.
>>
>protestants
nothing personnel kid
>>
>>3224255
Machiavelli wasn't a genius either. The Prince came after his failed spell in politics
>>
Yes, no question.
>>
>>3224258
Absolutely the right decision. England and France persecuted Catholics and Protestants, respectively, until they were tiny minorities that couldn't cause civil wars. Meanwhile, the Holy Roman Empire, let a large Protestant state grow on its Northern border like a tumor, causing wars and conflict for centuries.
>>
>>3224231
>Do nothing but bully protestant
>Get almost deposed by a crappy nobel rebellion that was stopped due sheer lack
>Enter the war
>Lose to Spain in every single front
No. He was regular as fuck. He just lucked out with the Catalan and Portuguese rebellions and the death of Louis of Bourbon
>>
File: Screenshot_20170425-010350.jpg (408KB, 1035x1574px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170425-010350.jpg
408KB, 1035x1574px
>>3224400
t. butthurt prodie
>>
>>3224272
He was quite brilliant and he failed because the Medicis came back mad as fuck and ready to BTFO anyone who collaborated in their absence. He was truly a scholar and philosopher with the love of the classics and a mind for practical thinking.
>>
>>3224258
One of my fav paintings tbqh
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.