[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

10/08/1519

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

Today 498 years ago began one of the most epic journeys of the humanity in the age of exploration, the first circumnavigation around the world. From a fleet of 5 ships and 270 men, after 4 years of sailing against the elements, only one ship and 18 men returned completing the feat.
>>
File: merchants.jpg (145KB, 700x540px) Image search: [Google]
merchants.jpg
145KB, 700x540px
>>3224088
Sounds boring desu. Tell me more about these guys.
>>
File: Mactan Reenactment.jpg (136KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Mactan Reenactment.jpg
136KB, 600x450px
>>3224088
>Mfw my hometown's claim to fame is killing Magellan.
>>
>>3224103
>tfw they came back nevertheless
damn spics should've stayed in the americas where there's gold.
>>
>>3224102
Boring? It was pretty amazing, they had to explorer many unkown islands in the pacific, not to mention the battles against the tribes.
>>
>>3224122
Except the Eastern Trade was the moneymaker at the time.

Got good bucc selling Tobacco and New World Crops to the Chinese, in turn for having the silver to pay for Chinese and Indian goods.

America would only start paying off once the place was developed.
>>
>>3224088
Nice to know some "epic" details of these stories are being corrected by evidence.

Nice thread OP. I can't wait...
>>
>>3224131
wonder what would happen if they were to miss the archipelago and landed somewhere instead?
>>
File: Getaria ropas-rotas-elcano.jpg (342KB, 1317x1969px) Image search: [Google]
Getaria ropas-rotas-elcano.jpg
342KB, 1317x1969px
>>3224103

Looks cool.
They make a representation too in Elcano´s hometown.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smBArt85L-k
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCTk0faN0yE
>>
>>3224149
They most like wouldn'tve

As part of the expedition's objectives, Magellan and his chronicler Pigafetta have been looking for the meme "Spice Islands" that the Portuguese, who in turn heard it from the Turks, who in turn heard it from the Indians, told them were just around somewhere there.

They even brought a Malacca-born slave from the Portuguese (who again got them from the Turks), named Enrique, who knew the Lingua Franca of the region.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enrique_of_Malacca
>>
>>3224187
hmm, so it was inevitable. What would happen though if somehow, for some crazy reason, the Spaniards decided to ignore the archipelago? knowing from the competition at the time, it would be inevitable for another colonial power to take over instead. which one would it be? the Portuguese? the Dutch? or the Brits?
>>
>>3224227
in the 1500s? Portuguese. Dutch and Brits didn't begin to explorer until much later in the 1600s
>>
File: 800px-Spain_and_Portugal.png (153KB, 800x411px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Spain_and_Portugal.png
153KB, 800x411px
>>3224227
Not really.

Another objective of Magellan's voyage was to exploit the loophole of the Treaty of Tordesillas. Supposedly Western Discoveries were Spanish ones while Eastern ones were for Portugal.

That treaty was made in 1494. Spain then went LOL BUT DA WURLD IS GLOBE, WHAT IS """WEST"""" AND WHAT IS """EAST""" AMIRITE?
>>
>>3224275
Don't type like that, moor subhuman.
>>
>>3224297
My point was, the Philippines got settled in by Spics because it was outside the meme lines the treaty drew around the world. Ergo ensuring Spain had a foot in the door of eastern trade.
>>
>>3224297
>m-m-m-muh sub-hoomans
Go back to /pol/, drumpfypoo
>>
>>3224088
Fuck wh*te people
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.