[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the worst ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

being in hiroshima, nagasaki or in the holocauste, goulag ?
>>
Unit 731
>>
>>3223924
probably gulag, since there wasn't anyone coming to liberate you.
>>
>>3223924
hiroshima if you survived
>>
>>3223951
>>3223947
What the fuck I hate USA now
>>
>>3223924
Out of the 3? Probably the goulag, the bombs are iver quick and there is a high probability you die, concentration camp sure you would work for a while but still in the end you were extremely likely to die.

However the goulag? Never in a million years would I want that, never ending hard labor, concentration camp living quality, not to mention the constant mental and emotional damage you would receive overtime. There's a reason why many prisoners in Russia prefer being executed versus going to one of it's maximum security prisons.

The slow degradation of the human mind is am often underrated and overlooked aspect of incarceration.
Aside from those 3? Probably either >>3223936

Or being stuck in leningrad.
>>
>>3223924
>holocaust
It depends what you mean. One of Operation Reinhard camps? Certain death. Auschwitz? Other camps? There was a chance of survival.

>Hiroshima/Nagasaki - more than 100.000 people survived that.

GULAG - depends where and when. It wasn't that bad. Mortality rate before the war was like 1-2%.
>>
>>3223951
>being left a cripple or developing cancer decades afterwards and having proper medical care, just like lots of people nowadays
Sure, that has to be worst than Auschwitz or Siberia
>>
>>3223924
>Population of Hiroshima at time of Bombing, around 340-350,000
>Immediate deaths, 80,000
>Maybe another 20-30,000 deaths through complications of expsosure.
>Odds of dying, a little less than 1/3

>Population of Nagasaki at time of atomic bombing, about 240,000
>Immediate deaths, about 40,000
>Later deaths due to complications, about 5-10,000
>Odds of dying, a bit more than 1/5

The holocaust and Gulags are much tougher to work out, since they're much bigger, more spread out killings. It's not even 100% clear how many people were interned in gulags, let alone the death counts. As for the Holocaust, are you just talking your odds of dying as a Jew? Should you be only comparing the population counts in all of Europe, or just the places the Nazis occupied? Should length of that occupation be considered? You were at risk for far longer if you were living in Poland than if you were living in Hungary, for instance.

Still though, at my gut guess, it would probably go

>Holocaust (at least if you're in the targeted shit-list population segments)
>Hiroshima
>Nagasaki
>Gulag
In that order.
>>
File: slideshow17.jpg (37KB, 506x316px) Image search: [Google]
slideshow17.jpg
37KB, 506x316px
>>3224001
>Hiroshima/Nagasaki - more than 100.000 people survived that.
so you could see the big BBQ of your family and see how you can easly loose your skin
after you can't have a mariage because you will have 5 cancer and kid with a funny shape
>>
>>3224001

Keep in mind that gulag death tolls are inaccurate as they released terminally ill inmates so they didn't die in the camp.
>>
>>3224090
True, but I don't think 10 million people died that way. GULAG camps were labor camps and most people actually survived them.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.