[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are elites the better people?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 32

We constantly hear this narrative that the evil elites are trying to keep down the common man, and to steal our liberties.
But it is really true? It seems to me like the elites are in general better educated and much nicer than the common people.
It is the common man who supports nationalism and xenophobia. The common man who follows religious superstition, who supports sharia in middle eastern countries, who is willing to opress or even kill minorities.

After all, aren't elites in the position they are, precisely because they are the best of us, both in their skills and moral values?
>>
File: 1486330326225.gif (747KB, 300x264px) Image search: [Google]
1486330326225.gif
747KB, 300x264px
>>3223090
quality bait
I expect good harvest
if people like the Clintons and Soros are supposed to be "the best of us", then I don't wish to be associated with humanity as species anymore
>>
>>3223090
>elites
>moral values
Oh man.
>>
>>3223090
For the most part, yes. That is why populism is so cancerous and dangerous whether it is from the far-left or the far-right.
>>
>>3223090
I'm no fan of the elites for the most part, but I MUCH MUCH MUCH prefer them being in charge than a mob of "regular people". We've seen in history what happens when the "glorious people" take charge. Whether the flavor of populism is left-wing or right-wing, the results are usually the same: the streets run red with blood, people who stand out become targets, and then a few years later a new corrupt elite takes the place of the old corrupt elite.
So, are the elites great? No particularly. Are any realistic alternatives better? I doubt it.
>>
>>3223090
The elites believe they are greatest philanthropists to ever grace the earth.
>>
>>3223106
I don't wanna go offtopic, but what exactly is wrong with Soros?
I am not too well informed about him, but as far as I know, he is a philanthropist who instead of enjoying a luxury lifestyle gets out of his way to help people and make the world a better place.
>>
They may not be "better", but they're definitely smarter/more competent/more cunning, the world isn't exactly a perfect meritocracy but whoever claws their way to the top of society as a head of state/major business figure/top military officer is definitely a cut above every one else. Dems the breaks. Trump/Clinton/Merkel/Soros/King Salman are all necessarily more competent and smarter than you'll ever be.
>>
>>3223128
>gets out of his way to help people
According to his belief system

>and make the world a better place
According to his belief system
>>
I would not trust the common person with nuclear warheads or major economic decisions, they have no place in business or in politics. The elites know better.
>>
>>3223128
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/12/21/business/soros-is-found-guilty-in-france-on-charges-of-insider-trading.html
>>
File: 1492744518080.jpg (58KB, 718x705px) Image search: [Google]
1492744518080.jpg
58KB, 718x705px
>>3223128
>George "I'm gonna destroy Europe, United States and Russia by fueling conflicts and doing everything in my power to shred the very fabric of society" Soros

>philanthropist who make the world a better place.
>>
>>3223140
I don't trust the elites as individuals any more than the common person, but I trust the decision-making of the power structure the elites exist in.
>>
>>3223140
>>3223156
Our elites are just common people though.
>>
>>3223163
Eh, they are at least a standard deviation above commoners.
>>
>>3223090
> It seems to me like the elites are in general better educated and much nicer than the common people.
that is probably true to some extent with regards to day-to-day interaction, but that doesn't mean that their institutional role is nice. They still are an enemy of the commoners in the current system due to economic and political power.

> It is the common man who supports nationalism and xenophobia. The common man who follows religious superstition, who supports sharia in middle eastern countries, who is willing to opress or even kill minorities.
You know, democracy isn't a good idea because the majority is always right. It's a good idea because anybody should have the right to not be subjected to unaccountable authority and to take part in the decisions that affect their lives, be it at work, social life, or anywhere else. I prefer a world being ruined by majority will under democratic rule over a prospourus world under elite oligarchy (not implying that elite oligarchy leads to a prospourus world, quite the opposite. Just look at real life).

There is a saying that anybody who actually _wants_ power should under all circumstances be stopped from getting any. I think that's true.

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2017/06/why-not-have-a-randomly-selected-congress
>>
>>3223156
>trust the decision-making of the power structure the elites exist in
then you're a fucking moron
not even gonna dig out the old bones, just a few just a fresh pick, the Great Replacement
>>
>>3223180
>but that doesn't mean that their institutional role is nice
but this alone is a very valuable insight. It means that our world isn't bad because people upstairs are evil, but due to the inherit limit of our organization and due to the rules of game theory.

>They still are an enemy of the commoners in the current system due to economic and political power.
saying the elites are the enemies of the people is a bit harsh in my opinion. There are many powerful interests acting in top level politics, and in some instances, the hands of elites are tied.

>I prefer a world being ruined by majority will under democratic rule over a prospourus world under elite oligarchy
really? you would prefere a tyranny of the majority over a benelovent and prosperous technocracy?
In my opinion, democracy is only justified precisely because there is no guarantee that the elites will always keep peoples best interest in mind. Otherwise, an oligarchy would be much better form of government
>>
>>3223147
Fair enough, still, I fail to see how it is related to his philanthropic activities or how it makes him the devil incarnate
>>
>>3223090
>moral values
>NWO

how can you be so fucking retarded?

>>3223128
Well for one hes financing every refugee smuggling operation, destabilzes countries so he can make a profit out of the turmoil, thinks the world is his playground
etc pp hes the worst kind of philantropist

hes also worked for the nazis to round up more jews even so , he himself is one.
Hes a snake. A disgusting snake that should be beheaded.
>>
>>3223211
>Well for one hes financing every refugee smuggling operation, destabilzes countries so he can make a profit out of the turmoil, thinks the world is his playground
I would love to know how you arrived at this sort of conclusion
What evidence persuaded you that all his the philanthropic actions were just a disguise for more sinister motives?
>>
>>3223090
>unironically believing in meritocracy
>mfw the creator of the word was unironically right all along
Read what Micheal Young had to say about the word he created and stfu
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2001/jun/29/comment
>>
>>3223090
>the end justifies the means
The path to hell is paved with good intentions.
>>
yes the elite are better. they devised and implemented eugenics, population control, genocide, war, for-profit healthcare, plundering wealth. the common man sucks at all that.

The Genocide, Eugenics and Birth Control movements were forced to completely re-make themselves after the Holocaust.

ie: away from hard genocide, to soft genocide

Returning to the root Malthusian hysteria, they repackaged their agenda as based on ‘over-population.’ Many, if not most, of the measures entertained prior to the Holocaust remained on the table for consideration. Only the reasons for implementing those measures were changed. Thus, in the 1950s and 1960s, calls for ‘population control’ increased in frequency and volume. See Paul Ehrlich’s “The Population Bomb” as one example that made a dent in popular opinion.

But population control advocates understood that the scope of the problem they were presenting required government action at all levels. Thus, Richard Nixon was prompted to enact population control legislation (still in force today). In 1972, Nixon would call for a commission to ‘study’ the problem and present recommendations. This is known as the Rockefeller Commission Report.

The two names most prominently listed on the Jaffe Memo are Bernard Berelson and Frederick Jaffe, the one responsible for the memo itself. These two same individuals were members of the Rockefeller Commission. Berelson was a full commissioner, while Jaffe was listed as a ‘special consultant.

http://jaffememo.com/the-memo-in-context
>>
>>3223240

>The American eugenics was funded by various corporate foundations including the Carnegie Institution, Rockefeller Foundation, and the Harriman

>German Nazi eugenics was funded by he Rockefeller Foundation.[8]

>Rockfellers also owned IG Farben throught the Standard Oil Co. Inc., this isnt even a meme

>The Rockefeller Foundation even funded Josef Mengele

>Population Council Established in 1952 by John D. Rockefeller III, with important funding from the Rockefeller Brothers Fund, The Council has its roots in the discredited eugenics movement.

> Planned Parenthood received extensive funding from John D. Rockefeller Jr. and his family, who continued to make anonymous donations to Sanger's causes in subsequent decades
>>
>>3223224
his "philanthropic actions" literally tanked Russia in the 90's causing biggest humanitarian catastrophe in Europe since WWII
>>
Trump is part of the elite. Fuck Trump.
>>
>>3223229
Our world is certanly not perfect, but much more meritocratic than it was in past times, when only a small noble elite ruled over the opressed majority that had no opportunity to get into a position of power.
>>
>>3223240

Allan Dulles, friend of the Nazis, boss of the CIA, and agent of the Rockefellers.

http://aangirfan.blogspot.com/2013/01/nixon-rockefeller-dulles-lansky-nazis.html

the CIA was developed by the mafia that owns US: Rockefeller, Bush, Harrimans etc

USA for the last century was the project of the Rockefellers. all of the wars, economic and social policies are theirs-- from eugenics, planned parenthood, islamists, NAFTA, 9/11 (WTC), globalised China
>>
>>3223246
Would you be so kind to provide evidence?
>>
>>3223240
President Richard Nixon appointed Bush as Ambassador to the United Nations,

Bush was leader of Intelligence

The Eugenics movement was big in the US between the World Wars. American backers, Rockefellers, Carnegies, Bushes inspired the movement abroad. Including funding to build a central research facility, the Wilhiem institute in Germany, with the assistance of Adolf and American money.
The Bush family, as you said tried to install a regime inspired by Hitler's 3rd Reich before WWII but got BTFO as you said. But during the war the Senator Prescott Bush was involved in military intelligence. And after the war was responsible for setting up the CIA and helping get his close friend and buisness partner Allen Dulles, named as Chief.
The same people are involved with each other before, during and after the war.
Bushes and other Americans helped formulate the Nazi policy and plans for a master race.
Then after the war gave them safety.
>>
File: 1484620613731.jpg (94KB, 728x545px) Image search: [Google]
1484620613731.jpg
94KB, 728x545px
>>3223240
>>3223090
It's not that they give a shit about lgbt, its that there is an agenda to indoctrinate an entire generation of youth into believing that they may be gay or trans. Hence the massive increase in those who subscribe to identity politics and or claim they are trans or gay.

The agenda is both to introduce laws that criminalise the speech of those who speak out against those who want it to be introduced to kids as young as 4 (safe schools program) and making it legal for children as young as 5 to become trans even if the parents object. As the family courts will eventually be granted the power to remove young children from parents if they go against the childs wished to change sex or gender.

The end goal is a mix of depopulation along side cultural marxism which is by design to bring about the destruction of society by removing our freedoms, such as speech, and who we are and not wanting to associate with. As you will be forced in educational facilities and workplaces to mix and mingle with these ppl or face severe consequences.

So tl;dr, depopulation and totalitarian control of the people with severe freedom restrictions and removal of parental rights is the end goal of the lgbt agenda.
>>
>>3223251
Did you read the article? Even the pursuit for meritocracy is filled with many pitfalls and dangers, with many current elites grow more unaware of the privilege they enjoy. At least nobles of the past had nobelse oblige, nowadays elites have nothing but contempt.

Our world is of course not perfect, and so is meritocracy even in its ideal form. The fears of Micheal Young as he wrote his satirical essay to the Fabian Society is becoming more and more real
>>
File: 1499006267949.jpg (117KB, 900x968px) Image search: [Google]
1499006267949.jpg
117KB, 900x968px
>>3223240
The elite only manage the masses for profit. Given them indepedance and a power greater that the output of the masses, and we will be unable to prevent mass depopulation.
They have no real plans for space. Their aim is depopulation through manufacturing some vast cataclysm (war, a virus, flood ect). They will use the drone armies created via the supersoldier program and other MK ultra programs to do this. They will retire to the array of underground metropolis they have already constructed during this time. Then thel re-emerge, teraform the planet if need be and begin a new civilisation with MK ultra drones.

>>3223090
>silent genocide by the elite
the plummeting birth rates and increase in homosex and diseases is their success. the remaking of global society is centered on population reduction. this is the focus of globalism. destruction of family, healthcare, economy. turning society into homosexuals and importing immigrants to experience the genocide of those they replaced (population replacement)
>>
>>3223240
the successful soft genocide policies in industrial societies are now being globalized to include the 3rd world

the 3rd world will adopt the lifestyle of industrialized society (by immigration and globalisation) and will be victims of the soft genocide policies, just as their white predecessors have

the importance of bringing in 3rd worlders is so they involuntarily adopt the western lifestyle that is firmly based on soft genocide
>>
File: 149900626794.jpg (131KB, 750x1164px) Image search: [Google]
149900626794.jpg
131KB, 750x1164px
>>3223271

Americans Are Dying Younger, Saving Corporations Billions

http://archive.is/SaJMd
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-08/americans-are-dying-younger-saving-corporations-billions
http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/2015/11/killing-them-softly-whats-up-with-gen-x.html

>The Stunning Fall Of Generation X
http://www.businessinsider.com/generation-x-least-prepared-for-retirement-charts-2013-5

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-28/americans-are-dying-faster-millennials-too
>>
>>3223256
google "Shock Therapy" and look for why Russia and Hungary want that Jew who helped nazis kill Jews fucking dead
>>
File: hahahaohwow.jpg (41KB, 562x437px) Image search: [Google]
hahahaohwow.jpg
41KB, 562x437px
>>3223090
>After all, aren't elites in the position they are, precisely because they are the best of us, both in their skills and moral values?

No. People amass wealth and power through corruption.

They do whatever it takes to be wealthy and powerful.

It's basic reptilian brain predatory bullshit.
>>
>>3223268
But nowadays, our elites are democratically elected. So if they wan't to keep the privilieges they enjoy, they can't afford to ignore the interest of the common man for too long, or else somebody else will be elected instead
>>
>>3223287
It's fault of these countries' corrupted elites. Poland, for example. successfully implemented "shock therapy".
>>
>>3223307
>our elites are democratically elected
Jesus anon, do you actually believe that?
>>
>>3223323
It really depends on the country, I think.
In western Europe, I think this to be true.

In America, however, I do believe there is a problem with some unelected elites becoming too powerful, especially in the banking sector.
The "two big to fail" incident was quiet an eyeopener for me
>>
File: 1500348577416.jpg (45KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
1500348577416.jpg
45KB, 500x341px
>>3223307
>ur elites are democratically elected
I think just because you deserved to get fucked over with your stupidity doesn't mean everyone should follow suit
>>
>>3223128
Ignoring /pol/ stuff about refugees and clinton, he was a nazi collaborator and uses unethical banking practices like when he broke the bank of england
>>
>>3223433
>he was a nazi collaborator
you mean he had to work with nazis in order not to be killed? are you really gonna judge a man by what he did as a 14 years old boy?
>>
>>3223090
the best of us?
>>
File: 439px-Xi_Jinping_March_2017.jpg (38KB, 439x599px) Image search: [Google]
439px-Xi_Jinping_March_2017.jpg
38KB, 439x599px
>>3223090
moral values?
>>
>>3223477
Xi is pretty based
Dunno why he get so much hate
>>
>>3223491
in china anon this site wouldn't exist
and if it did it would simply be a trap
you and me both would be in prison, in a forced labor camp
the chinese regime is no friend of ours
>>
>>3223516
That was a problem before Xi. What has he done in particular?
>>
>>3223516
China is still a developing nation.
I think the West is really arrogant to judge the rest of the world by its own standard, totally ignoring the misdeeds that western countries did when they were still developing
>>
>>3223239
Care to clarify your point, anon?
since you're stating two things that are effectively opposites of one another.
>>
>>3223526
centralized more control for himself
wound back nascent reform
>>
>>3223566
He has? I thought that China's been steadily moving towards a more free market mix of communism and capitalism for a long time.
>>
File: Wolf_Warriors_2_poster.jpg (63KB, 250x378px) Image search: [Google]
Wolf_Warriors_2_poster.jpg
63KB, 250x378px
>>3223548
we have every right to judge them by our own standards anon
they trade with us, compete against us
"developing"
they are developed enough to make nuclear weapons...
they've moved out of the "development" phase.
>>
>>3223587
I disagree. It would be like an adult judging a child by his own standards, complaining why the child can't behave like an adult
>>
File: 2017-08-11-005323.jpg (159KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-11-005323.jpg
159KB, 960x544px
>>3223579
china practices a form of kleptocratic capitalism anon...
red princes.
>>
>>3223604
they have become a very old and very big child anon
technologically they are no longer able to sustain the rouse to developing
the regime has made a clear and calculated choice
they are hostile actors,
>>
>>3223633
You are an American, right?
Here in Europe, we see China as a trading partner, not as a hostile partner.
It seems to me like America has trouble dealing with the fact that the rest of world is developing and Americas role isn't as important as it was before
>>
>>3223561
One has a meme arrow in front of it. If you don't know what it means it means you have to go back
>>
>>3223128
He literally created not one, but TWO financial crises that ruined economies, just to make a buck.

He's literally the posterchild for evil old jewish banker that manipulates people and bring financial ruin to a lot of little guys, conspiracytards aside.
>>
>>3223090
Elites should be judged on competence instead of if they are 'better' than the common man.

If the elites are competent and know what they are doing, most people should reap some benefits.

If elites are incompetent,everyone is going to suffer.

At some point, the common man has to take responsibility for the quality of the elites. Most of the elites gain power because the common man supported them. If the common man is getting screwed over by the leaders they put in power, then perhaps the common man should choose someone else to support.
>>
>>3223660
He benefited from the crisis, but I wouldn't go so far to say that he created them
>>
>>3223645
no not american anon...
far, far worse
australian!
would you trade with a man who keeps slaves?
would you like europe to become like china?
ruled by an intergenerational autocratic regime?
trade is means to an ends anon
freedom is something we should all fight for
condone regimes like china acts as an enabler for those who would strip us all of our liberty
>>
>>3223660
If one of them is the devaluing of the pound, general economic opinion is that that actually helped growth in the long one, and would have eventually happened regardless of Soros, so it was probably for the best of everyone involved that he did that, apart from the politicians who lost face.
>>
>>3223680
Then I understand why you are so critical of China.
Currently, you are dependant on Americans defending your waters and enabling you to trade, but they won't be able to resist Chinese forever. Sooner or later, you are gonna fall into Chinas sphere of influence.

>ruled by an intergenerational autocratic regime?
I think autocratic regime isn't that bad for developing nations. Once China becomes developed, I hope they will switch to democracy, of course
>>
File: Sir_Philip_Baxter.jpg (30KB, 352x425px) Image search: [Google]
Sir_Philip_Baxter.jpg
30KB, 352x425px
>>3223713
rest assured anon...
we have the worlds greatest reserves of high grade uranium
we will never fall under anyones
influence

a developing country with a space program
a developing country with a nuclear weapons arsenal
a developing country with the worlds largest industrial output

what a developing country they are.
>>
>>3223760
you are only 20 million people, so what exactly are you gonn do against china?
nukes wont help you if they blockade your trading route
>>
>>3223765
australia is completely self sufficient anon
surface fleet blockades are very susceptible to ranged strikes
technologically nothing stands between us and aquiring a strategic means to keep our trade routes clear

its true we are a small country, in a conventional war this would be a great handicap...
but a future confrontation would not be conventional.
china has no allies in northern asia, they are a regime desperate for resources and agricultural provisions

the good news is that regimes are inherentally weak
particularly those built around an identity cult.
>>
>>3223788
I doubt you could keep up your current quality of life if completely isolated from the outside world.

In my opinion, Australias only chance of independance would be beeing a member of a closer and more united ASEAN, to create a counterweight to China. But I dont see this happening any time soon.
>>
>>3223128
Soros is partly responsible for the pound crisis and above all the South Asian crisis of the late 90s where he made billions of dollars. Millions of people have fallen to poverty thanks to him. He is complete monster and his current "philanthropist" endeavors can't redeem his past deeds.
>>
No. Scum floats to the top
>>
Yeah, keep telling yourself you're part of this "enlightened elite", it's definitely not what they want.
>>
File: Delaunay-Windows.jpg (177KB, 487x567px) Image search: [Google]
Delaunay-Windows.jpg
177KB, 487x567px
>>3223805
your correct our quality of life would suffer but we pride ourselves on our resilience....

diplomatically we have strong relations and trade with both korea and japan
we have also entered in negotiations to export our uranium to india

we are a fvey member, a commonwealth subject and nation with well developed foreign policy credentials in the un

the tragedy of our age is the trading of the human rights of the billion plus people who are subjects of beijing for the plutocratic ambitions of multinationals and a venal political elite who cant see beyond their own grifting designs
>>
>>3223841
I am not part of the elite.
I consider myself beeing more intelligent than average, but I doubt i will ever make it to the very top.
But I like the idea that we are ruled by people who are even more skilled and have a better moral guidance than myself
>>
>>3223151
Taking power away from white people sounds like making the world a better place to me.
>>
>>3223849
Is it bad that I see the merchant in that painting?
>>
>>3223849
>the tragedy of our age is the trading of the human rights of the billion plus people who are subjects of beijing for the plutocratic ambitions of multinationals and a venal political elite who cant see beyond their own grifting designs
Come on, don't act as if you have the best interest of chinese people at heart.
>>
>>3223885
the best interests of the chinese people has implications for all of us anon...

ignore the liberties of others and soon they'll be stripped from you
>>
>>3223853
>believing other people have a better moral guidance than you
Retard
>>
>>3223917
Look, I am just saying that the reality of your situation is that China will become a great power soon, and you won't be able to resist them. You will have to play ball with the Chinese, if you like it or not
>>
File: 450px-Maria_de_las_angustias_1.jpg (73KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
450px-Maria_de_las_angustias_1.jpg
73KB, 450x600px
>>3223880
the magick of art anon is in its interpretation
>>
>>3223516
>in china anon this site wouldn't exist
Based China.
>>
File: 1502162723013.jpg (215KB, 650x718px) Image search: [Google]
1502162723013.jpg
215KB, 650x718px
No OP. Even the retards at /pol/ can see through their jaded racist lense how disgusting their system is.
>>
The elites are conserned about money and power, like everyone is. Tribalism and xenophobia are natural human traits you wont get rid of anytime soon.
>>
File: image.jpg (160KB, 1200x786px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160KB, 1200x786px
>>3223919
playing ball with a dictatorship is always a one way street anon

people must find courage to speak truth to power

many in the australian elites would agree with you anon, that we should meekly acept and acquiesce to chinas
, seemingly, predestined role
but i take a different view, th world doesn't need the gang in beijing
and nor do the chinese people
>>
>>3223128
Soros funds conflict and whatever will result in him and his friends gaining money and power. Extreme political activists and organisations and god knows what else.
>>
>>3223965
see that's why i support elites.
They are able to see the reality of their situation and are willing to accept the meek yet necessary role.
Meanwhile, you, in your false sense of nationalism/moral superiorty, you would drive your country into a conflict it can't win
>>
>>3223853
>But I like the idea that we are ruled by people who are even more skilled and have a better moral guidance than myself

Its an idea but not reality.
>>
>>3223975
how can you tell?
are you buddy-buddy with the elites, so you can accuratly estimate their skills/moral values?
>>
File: 1502358948800.jpg (180KB, 1300x1217px) Image search: [Google]
1502358948800.jpg
180KB, 1300x1217px
>>3223938
now now anon, shame on you !

the site is worlds greatest resource of dank memes...

where will the huddled masses find their enlightenment and guidence if not from these imageboards!
>>
>>3223983
Are you? You seem to assume they have better moral guidance than you, enough to let them lead you, and wanting to drag everyone else with you, do YOU have a good enough reason to justify this?
>>
File: hst+the+edge.jpg (319KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
hst+the+edge.jpg
319KB, 1200x1600px
>>3223972
we might not win anon...
but nor would they

better a state that dies on its own terms, than a vassal who lives on as a parody of virtue.
>>
>>3224006
Well, I am following politics, and it seems to me like the leaders of my country (Germany) are in general pretty competent and genuinly have peoples best interest in mind.

Also, I am really interested in the age of Enlightenment. And back then, it was the educated elites who improved the world. Meanwhile, common people were superstitious fucks who supported religious extremism and authoritarian states
>>
>>3224019
I disagree
no sense in fighting a war you cannot win
>>
>>3224022
Of course they would seem good, they're creating an image to get votes
>supported authoritarian states
What do you think the people who ruled those authoritarian states were called? The modern also heavily support authoritarian states.
>>
>>3224022
The common people are still into religious extremism and authoritarian states but the elites seem to be more interested in helping themselves than improving the world.

It doesn't help that the elites who the common people support are basically the extremists and authoritarians who don't care about the people who supported them.
>>
>>3224037
True, but there were some kings or high up politicians who supported the ideas of enlightenment, like Frederick the Great.
>>
>>3224037
modern elites*
>>
>>3224050
Key word : some
>>
>>3224047
I agree and I believe this is the pitfall of democracy.
If people are not well educated, they will elect fearmongering rulers who promise easy solutions to complex problems.
Even today, we can witness this happening in real time
>>
>>3223090
Elites are definitely smart and "nicer" however their elitist mindset is why they're bad in my opinion. Self exaltation is definitely the least positive character trait of any elitist philosophy imo
>>
>>3224054
My point is that pretty much all Enlightenment thinkers and supporters belonged to the elite, either nobility or rich bourgeois
>>
>>3224064
But the great political leaders from the enlightenment were decidedly pro-common people?
>>
>>3223090
Winning the family lottery does not mean that someone is "better"
>>
>>3224085
Yes, same was true for the socialism movement.
It seems like only elites had the necessary education and means to effectivly adovcate the rights of the little man
>>
>>3223983
How can i tell? The so called elites have been exploiting, manipulating and bombing the world for either their own gain or because of their "moral superiority"
>>
>>3224105
how can you tell that the exploitation and bombing happened because of malicious intend and not because the limited administrative and diplomatic skills of mankind?
>>
>>3224022
>Well, I am following politics, and it seems to me like the leaders of my country (Germany) are in general pretty competent and genuinly have peoples best interest in mind.

Really? You think german leaders have the german peoples interest in mind? There is no such thing as the german people their mind.
>>
>>3224143
Allow me to give you an example:
As you probably know, there is currently some tensions between Turkey and Germany. In the light of current election, German party could easily use the anti-turkish sentiments to get more votes for the election. Yet they have behaved really restrained, endured many insluts from Turkish administration, in hope of finding a dimplomatic soulution to this crisis.
>>
>>3224112
Are you trying to say the end justifies the means? The people in control of the US and much of Europe have been exploiting and causing conflict all around the world for decades and now they're bringing conflict to Europe with more migrations. Malicious intend or not, the result is conflict and bad times for anyone but them.
>>
>>3224192
>Are you trying to say the end justifies the means?
Not at all. I am saying that wars, conflicts and exploitations happen because or political and social structures aren't advanced enough to prevent it.
>>
>>3223200
Dont most oligarchies eventually grow bloated and collapse into horrible repressive dictatorships tho?
>>
>>3224157
The tension between Turkey and German is purely diplomatic, so ofcourse its gonna be handled in a diplomatic way. Germany has atleast 5 million turks, anti-turkish sentiments is not much of an option.
>>
>>3224216
Lets be real, the elites in America could easily have prevented the invasions and bombings of the middle east, but that clearly wasnt in their interest, it was probably their plans to begin with.
>>
>>3223263
>people are actually this retarded

Lmao'ing at your life
>>
>>3224219
>Germany has atleast 6 million jews, anti-jewish sentiments is not much of an option
:DDDDDD
>>
>>3224217
that's why beeing a democracy is important, so oligarchs have always to keep peoples best interest in mind, or they will be "fired" within the next election
>>
>>3223604
Nigger the Chinese have had a civilization for far longer than the Euros have.

Most of our technology is pilfered from the Orient, we just have a greater force projection cuz boats are OP, so its called the Western Sphere of Influence.

The chinese have had many chances to relax on their own, but they seem more interested in breaking their own country than actually being decent human beings.
>>
>>3224240
Not that I support Iraq invasion or anything, but I think the situation is not quiet that simple.
America is the hegemon power, basically, they act as world police.
If countries like Iraq defy America, then USA need to react somehow, otherwise other countires would have followed Saddams example
>>
File: 1386082169900.png (6KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
1386082169900.png
6KB, 390x470px
>>3223090
> After all, aren't elites in the position they are, precisely because they are the best of us, both in their skills and moral values?
>>
>>3224271
Let's not pretend that ancient civilizations have anything to do with modern civilization

>The chinese have had many chances to relax on their own, but they seem more interested in breaking their own country than actually being decent human beings.
I would say Chinese are pretty relaxed. They could be evil communists like North Korea, but luckily we live in a world were the Chinese administration is relativly peaceful and nice
>>
>>3223966
Funds extremist groups then when the said extremists i.e. Islamists attack the West, governments come in and crack on the population.
Funds and stirs up racial tension in the United States, a response occurs, that response results in more people begging for more control by the government and by the police as well.
>>
>>3223106
I'd rather have Hillary in charge than the average inbred trailer trash redneck American.
>>
Depends on what you believe. A Nietzschean would see them as the final men, a collection of effeminate bourgeoisie shopkeepers
>>
>>3224292
Kek.
>>
>>3223128
Hello, Gorgy

How's going?
>>
>>3223090
> It is the common man who supports nationalism and xenophobia. The common man who follows religious superstition, who supports sharia in middle eastern countries, who is willing to opress or even kill minorities.
Terrible b8

Anyways it is the elite the one who uses those things to brainwash, control and use the common man
>>
>>3223307
> But nowadays, our elites are democratically elected.
I don't think you understand what the word "elite" means
>>
>>3223271
They'll be destroyed by Kalki

R-right..?
>>
>>3223604
Now that's actual arrogancy. "Reverse discrimination"

The chinese were long enough on Earth, developed a great culture and civilization and nowaday compete and have nukes. They ARE developed enough to be a danger for the world. Not saying that the West is any better, but to think that China is an innocent kid is plain retardation
>>
>>3224264
The politician will be fired but not the people behind the scenes.
>>
>>3224288
Dude there's nothing wrong with having a police state crackdown temporary. Do you want instability? Do you side with the thugs?
>>
>>3224439
who are the people behind the scenes?
industry lobbyists?
>>
>>3224288
That's pretty flimsy
>>
>>3223645
I am european and I don't want neither jewmerica or chinkna
>>
>>3223136
>>3223147
>>3223151
>>3223211
>>3223433
>>3223660
>>3223833
>>3223966
>>3224324
Just curious, what economies/countries has he destabilized and what wars has he funded? No /pol/-tier infographs please just give me a list so I can find out more myself
>>
>>3223713
>I hope they will switch to democracy, of course
LMFAO

Do you even chinese history?
>>
>>3223765
Chink detected
>>
>>3224027
You are already dead by thinking like that though
>>
>>3223090
Are predators better than prey?
>>
File: 1463715999586.jpg (125KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1463715999586.jpg
125KB, 1280x960px
Pic related, it's OP
>>
>>3224273
You are mentally deranged if you really believe this
>>
File: 1497614717370.jpg (113KB, 1024x647px) Image search: [Google]
1497614717370.jpg
113KB, 1024x647px
>>3224468
helo frenlo...............
>>
>>3223833
This. Nigga is a bona fide corporate raider but on a national scale. He has fucked over multiple Asian countries like Korea and Thailand ala 1997 financial crisis. People calling him a leftist or some retarded shit need to shut the fuck up
>>
>>3224480
How is Chinese history relevant in this discussion?
>>
>>3224428
China views itself as a developing nation
>>
>>3224535
what a cutie
>>
>>3224613
> People calling him a leftist or some retarded shit need to shut the fuck up

Lol you're right there bud, this piece of shit has transcended the whole Left/Right thing at this point, he's on his own level of evil
>>
>>3223136
>>3223151
>>3223211
>>3223433
>>3223660
>>3223833
>>3223966
So this... is the power... of taking /pol/ memes at face value ... Whoa...

>>3223147
at least this guy provided a source. the rest of you are literally spouting conspiracies from /pol/ that are variations on "le evil jewish international finance" me Anyway, to target Soros as somehow an exceptionally evil, demonic figure above and beyond the rest of the corporate and international financial class, i find very hard to believe without sources considering the kind of cliched tropes your spitting out, that have been recycled for years to target different people.
>>
>>3224667
>not knowing Hanz
>>
>>3223307
>our elites are democratically elected.
LMAO. Elites aren't necessarily from the political class. They are also the richest in the economy. They are also the senior bureacrats in some countries or the national security establishment.

Now, think about it, what are elections and how are they run? Elections, of course, is based on voting. But who actually votes? Legally, all adults can. In practice a majority don't out of ignorance or fatalism that nothing can change. So what does this mean? That most politicians lack a real "popular mandate" based on the majority of their citizen's needs. The negligence of the voters means that they are free to do as they please in their offices because, in reality, the public doesn't know or care about what their elected officials are doing.
It gets worse. Politicians are supposed to held accountable in theory, again, but how do we account for the politicians' corruption? The answer is you can't. The only way to stop corruption is through the press. But several obstacles prevent the press from doing its job. In fact, some of these obstacles are insurmountable. For one, most don't read or care about the news. Second, newspapers are businesses that follow the profit motive, so they print news that will get the most sales, aka sensationalist news, tabloid news, celebrity gossip and the like. Third, media companies are run by rich people, and steadily over the years the richest media corporations have bought out nearly ALL smaller newspapers, meaning the corporation becomes richer and richer, its managers become richer and richer (and more interested in increasing profits for shareholders, and influencing government to favor rich people like them with tax breaks and easy laws to allow tax avoidance in tax havens overseas) and has ever increasing power over what the public reads or hears. You also have rich people buying media corporations, like the koch brothers or sheldon adelson and unashamedly to promotetheir viewpoints.
>>
>>3224732
You havent read a fucking thing about Soros, have you? This guy is known to fund extremist political groups and what not, its not a fucking conspiracy. Soros is exceptional because he is a known figure and relatively open about what he does.
>>
>>3224451
Neck yourself statist cuck.
>>
>>3224832
the only people i see obsess about soros and hang on every clickbait article about him is /pol/
>>
>>3224856
imo it's all confirmation bias that comes from scrutinizing one individual too much, because most people are flawed and in the case of financiers assholes. its a problem of concentration one single guy that i have a problem with, not that he might be a bit corrupt and profit off of misfortune, which is what speculators fucking do.
>>
>>3224814
Well, you have to consider that while not everybody votes, still over 50% of the population is voting.
And sure, the system might not be perfect, but it would be much worse if the elites didn't have to care about the vote of the citizens at all.
Also, I agree that not all elites are voted in, but those voted in are the most powerful, since they control the monopoly of violence (military and police), and thus can control other elites
>>
>>3224856
This is just me being a conspiracyfag but there are more evil "elites" out there besides Soros and its the right that just clings on to one man instead of realizing that there are multiple "elites" besides Soros.
>>
>>3224895
Yes thats my opinion ok it as well. I think its really dumb to thinkthat soros is string puller number one. Its a very simple emotionally satisfying idea but reality is more complicated
>>
>>3224856
Just because pol has a new conspiracy everyday about him doesnt mean that he isnt a greedy billionaire funding and promoting extremists and conflict, destroying countries and economies. Perhaps do 5 minutes of research instead of relying on pol for news.
>>
File: Leftycancer3.png (514KB, 760x482px) Image search: [Google]
Leftycancer3.png
514KB, 760x482px
>>3224589
>Not posting the best version
>>
>>3224473
Have a look at his wikipedia page
>>
>>3223917

I'd like to believe this, that the Chinese people could develop this next, more free republic. But they are as human as the rest of us. I think a free China is like an American landing on Mars. Feasible, technically viable, but will never happen, certainly not how we would ever envision.
>>
>>3224895

This is probably the most important point of all. Elites are born of money, and there's a lot of it. Just think, every year there is a new cohort for Skull & Bones, The Porcellian etc. There's so many other fulcrums for plutocrats to toy with.

>Dark pools of money
>PACs
>Foreign intrigues
>>
File: 1499783543404.png (102KB, 468x468px) Image search: [Google]
1499783543404.png
102KB, 468x468px
>>3224946
>this anon trying so hard to get his meme to catch on for months
>>
>>3224856
>the only people i see obsess and worship soros are obamas, clintons, rapefugees, CFRs and oligarchs
ftfy
>>
>>3223156
>but I trust the decision-making of the power structure the elites exist in.

Dumbass, what good is a power structure when all the inputs are just trash. Garbage in garbage out.
>>
>>3223548
>China is still a developing nation.
>Buying into the Chinese State Propaganda utilized by Xi in order to enact a never ending stream of concessions from the Western Supra national Powers and all manner of negotiations.

The fuckers have launched people into space, they aren't a developing nation anymore.
>>
>>3224660
The Chinese People have zero concept or care for "Rights" and "Democracy." So long as the authoritarian government maintains the satisfaction of a majority of the people by keeping them fed, the government will remain as it is, perhaps with a few token concessions here and there.
>>
>>3223308
that is a funny way of spelling, exporting millions of low skill workers.
>>
File: Chinese Military Island.jpg (50KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese Military Island.jpg
50KB, 700x394px
>>3224287
>They aren't as bad as one of the most repressive regimes on Earth guys, so they are obviously great!

This line of thinking is pretty silly. Just because they aren't as bad as they could be, doesn't make them decent. Hell, that's like saying, "Wow, Jeff sure is an asshole for robbing people, but hey, at least he isn't a murderer, right?"

Also
>China
>Peaceful

They literally send out naval vessels to harass fishermen in other countries territorial waters and have created artifical islands with military bases on them to scare people away.
>>
>>3224271
>Most of our technology is pilfered from the Orient
the irony being that china copies literally everything from the west
>>
>>3223090
>After all, aren't elites in the position they are, precisely because they are the best of us, both in their skills and moral values?
Nope.
>>
>>3226666
It's true for the ancient times. Tang China and the Caliphate were far beyond in technology than Europe in those ages
>>
>>3223090
The funny thing is, even in authoritarian and downright fascistic states the leaders are often the most reasonable people in the country. Probably because they need to be pragmatic and capable of compromise if they want to survive.
>>
>elites are good guys!
>nationalism is bad guys!!
t. Franz Joseph
>>
>>3227267
>were far beyond
this is an over exaggeration, also stop ignoring byzantium just because it fits your argument. Also spread of technology =/= copying
>>
>education
Irrelevant
>nicer
Irrelevant.

The better people aren't falling for 'muh moral memes' or 'muh legalism memes'. Both you 'commoners' and the gentrified 'elite' fit this description.
>>
>>3223307
Senators are elites you retard
>>
>are nobles just better than us peasants?

at some point when they were emerging yea, they most likely did more, got luckier and displayed a skill that was worth alot than me

but then wealth gets inherited and i see no difference, you need to press that reset button once in a 100years to shake things up a bit via revolutions
>>
>>3223136
Literally everything everyone does on purpose is because of their belief system, what a stupid fucking thing to say
>>
>>3227693
>stage 1: denial
>>
>>3223833
>>3223128
>>3223106

>After World War II, Soros fled alone as a poor 17-year-old immigrant to London, where he worked at a variety of small jobs. “I broke my leg and was taken care of, free of charge, by the National Health Service,” recalled Soros
>George Soros,Man Who Broke the Bank of England, repays his gratitude to England by breaking it and sending millions of British into eternal poverty and chaos.

Soros acknowledged that if it were not for Britain, he would have been permanently disfigured and walking with a permanent limp.

>>3223240
>>3223271
>>3223263
this
>>
>>3228588
wtf, i love soros now
>>
>>3228588
But the pound crises helped britain in the medium to long run, so your point is pretty fucking retarded. People don't like Soros because he funds liberal organisations in autocratic eastern European countries, combined with him being a (((jewish banker))) means that right wing retards blame him for literally everything that has gone wrong in the last 20 years
>>
>>3228699
>ww2 helped america and germany in the long run
this is what retards actually believe
>>
File: economic-growth-1980-95.png (86KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
economic-growth-1980-95.png
86KB, 640x430px
>>3228714
Like at least do some basic reading before you show yourself to be a spastic. The pound was at an unsustainable level, it was hampering growth and employment. The only reason it hadn't been devalued was that it would make the British government look weak. The realignment to its true value was inevitable but the sooner this adjustment happened, the sooner the economy could bounce back and the sooner standards of living could rise. Just go back to fucking pol where you can jerk eachother off to russian propaganda and the (((jewish))) menace.
>>
>>3228748
Like at least do some basic reading before you show yourself to be a spastic. pre-war Germany and Europe was at an unsustainable level, it was hampering growth and employment. The only reason it hadn't been collapsed was that it would make the European governments look weak. WW2 was needed. The realignment to Europe's true value was inevitable but the sooner this adjustment happened, the sooner the economy could bounce back and the sooner standards of living could rise. Just go back to fucking reddit where you can jerk eachother off to soros propaganda and the non-gay menace.
>>
>>3228748
Like at least do some basic reading before you show yourself to be a spastic. soros's leg was at an unsustainable level, it was hampering growth and development. The only reason it hadn't been broken was that it would make the soros look weak. The realignment to its true broken form was inevitable but the sooner this fracture happened, the sooner soros could bounce back and the sooner he could steal from those who helped him fix his leg and profit. Just go back to fucking hungary where you can jerk eachother off to orban propaganda
>>
>>3228784
>>3228811
You got me, I guess the pound wasn't overvalued, inevitably leading to a crash, some DIRTY JEW just decided one day to ruin the
perfectly functioning British economy for the next thousand years, leaving untold misery and death in his wake.
>>
>>3228841

back 2 >>>/pol/ racist retard
>>
>>3228841
>>3228748
>someone's wealth is overvalues
>hey lets raid and plunder their wealth, its good for productivity

has it ever come across to your pea-brain that oligarchs like soros are the overvalued entities (you so rightfully hate) and require to be devalued so that the standard of living of the natives rises and the local economy could bounce back
>>
>>3228924
this

>>3228841
>>3228748

Like at least do some basic reading before you show yourself to be a spastic. the soros and the oligarchs wealth was at an unsustainable level, it was hampering growth and employment. The only reason they hadn't been devalued was that it would make the elites look weak. The realignment to the elites/oligarchs true worthless value is inevitable but the sooner this adjustment happened, the sooner the economy could bounce back and the sooner standards of living could rise. Just go back to fucking comet pizza where you can jerk eachother off to oligarch propaganda and the plebian menace.
>>
>>3228924
I know that this is in all likelihood a troll but on the off chance that it isn't I'll reply anyway.
Look if you are talking about the disproportionate levels of reward higher incomed individuals get I completely agree that they should be taxed more and that tax should go towards helping the poorest in our societies through public services and transfer payments. The level of inequality in our societies is a fucking joke, and massive steps should be taken to alleviate this problem.Does this mean that the pound wasn't overvalued and that it wasn't hurting the economy? No. These two issues are only tangentially related. Its nothing to do with me hating the overvalued pound, its just counter-productive. Does this make Soros a bad man for exploiting this weakness? no. The system of international capitalism that we have relies on people like Soros to function. Its not raiding or plundering wealth, all he did was see that the pound was horrifically overvalued and bet that it would go down in value. Again this was a necessary occurrence which would have happened eventually regardless of Soros and which was good for the british economy and the british people.
>>
>>3228924
>>3228948
hey man, fuck you man. soros is worth a billion plebs. HE is the one who gave the world cure for cancer and diseases. HE is the one who colonized mars. HE is the one who gave the world free high quality healthcare. HE is the one who reversed the global housing bubble and returned housing affordability to pre-globalism levels. HE is the one who eradicated poverty and wars. HE is the one fixed the nuclear family and reversed the suicide epidemic.

his productivity is DEVALUED, not overvalued. the plebs are overvalued and need to be DEVALUED further.

this is fuckin basic Randonomics 101
>>
File: fut.jpg (114KB, 485x604px) Image search: [Google]
fut.jpg
114KB, 485x604px
>>3228992
>>3228991
so soros is the messiah?
>>
File: futureb8.jpg (114KB, 500x998px) Image search: [Google]
futureb8.jpg
114KB, 500x998px
>>3229001
the messiah was to destroy the current world...
>>
>>3228841
I don't like Soros nor the current state of affairs in Europe but england is shit and they deserve getting deleted from earth

Fucking crooked teeth dwarves
>>
>>3228992
BASED

elites dindu nuffin wrong
>>
>>3223090
Elites want to eradicate all wars, death, poverty and even boredom. They want to be good but they are wrong. Because what they are doing is actually inherently evil.

>Why? Because only thing they get to eradicate is the will and freedom of choice.

I know this not a real argument but watch this clip from a movie. It shows it pretty decently.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V9XeyBd_IuA
>>
>>3223296
This.

These people are cancerous to all societies.
>>
File: mickey blank.png (289KB, 456x699px) Image search: [Google]
mickey blank.png
289KB, 456x699px
>>3223090
>It seems to me like the elites are in general better educated and much nicer than the common people.
They use their education and money on the maintenance of their power, which necessarily requires class warfare on anyone below them.

The stories the elite use through the education system should be viewed as propaganda, primarily, to justify how many resources they suck up and consume. It all boils down to resources, why they "deserve" it and why the rest of humanity doesn't.
Thread posts: 202
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.