[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could Greater Germany realistically have happened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12

File: GreatGermany.jpg (42KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
GreatGermany.jpg
42KB, 400x302px
Could Greater Germany realistically have happened?
>>
it did happen so yes
>>
>tfw german borders are ugly as fuck no matter what
>>
File: Großösterreich.jpg (630KB, 1292x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Großösterreich.jpg
630KB, 1292x1000px
>>3217672
If Austria had won the German War of 1866, they likely wouldn't have created such an empire, but if they wanted and managed to either convince the Prussians (through diplomacy or military defeat) and other smaller states like Saxony, Bavaria, Baden and Württemberg it would have been possible.
Prior to the defeat in 1866 they even proposed a German confederation under their leadership, Großösterreich.

The same could be said in case of the Prussian victory, but the Prussians didn't want to have a comparably powerful state in the new empire, so they preferred the kleindeutsche Lösung, without Austria.

I don't think the other powers would let that happen, though, so the newly formed country would have to defend itself against France, Russia, likely Britain and maybe even Italy or the Ottomans.
>>
epic großgermanium my dudeXDD
>>
>>3217719
Nevermind the first sentence, that doesn't make sense that they wouldn't create it, I wrote that before I read a bit about the topic.

They still would have to convince the other states, though.
>>
>>3217723
Stfu, this is a legit discussion of history, not some Stormfag bs.
Read up on the topic before you post shit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Question?wprov=sfla1
>>
>>3217731
deutschland muss großer sein amirite mein reich bruder!??

heil willy!!!!
>>
>>3217736
Fuck off, I never said that.
Doesn't mean you csn't discuss that part of history.
>>
>>3217736
He's right though. This thread is more a discussion around Prussian-Austrian rivalries, if anything.
>>
File: 1481853592649.png (29KB, 748x725px) Image search: [Google]
1481853592649.png
29KB, 748x725px
Austrian Empire was pretty much Greater Germany before Germany even existed.

Of course those autistic Prussians had to ruin everything.
>>
>>3217743
what?
Austria was a backwards opressive regime, while Prussia for all its faults embraced the values of enlightenment, they had religious freedom and a high rate of literacy
>>
File: ferdy.jpg (37KB, 298x380px) Image search: [Google]
ferdy.jpg
37KB, 298x380px
>>3217749
t. Lutheran

The Hapsburgs were the de jure rulers of the German people.
>>
>>3217766
wtf are you even talking about?
Habsburgers were elected Emperors of HRE, not all German people were ruled by HRE, and not all people in HRE were German.
>>
>>3217672
I doubt it. You see that thing in your map? That thing would have gotten every single other power in Europe joining up to stop it. And England's son would probably have joined in to help dad.
>>
>>3217783
That's why I am asking
I feel it is waaay to easy to form the Greater Germany in Vic 2
>>
File: .jpg (61KB, 800x785px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
61KB, 800x785px
>>3217781
They have more of a right then the Hohenzollerns.
Now bask. Bask in the majesty of one of the greatest houses to ever grace the face of Europe. Nay! The world. Generations of inbreeding to create this immaculate form. The ultimate Übermensch. Austria personified.
For the realms which Mars awards to others, Venus transfers to you...
>>
>>3217672
I've never understood this obsession over the Eastern territories. We already have plenty of forests. But a retreat from the winter? The South and West is where it's at.
>>
>>3217757
/gsg/ was a mistake
>>
>>3217766
>hapsburgs were german

the worst meme in history

their blood was diluted with hungarian subhuman blood as well as slavshit untermensch genes

thats why they looked like monkey rats

we don't consider Austrian scum German desu
>>
>>3217766
Nice digits but
>half swiss cheese and half hungarian with slav genes and inbreedinh
>the true ruler of germany
>>
>>3217749
>t. American
Greater Germany is the vision Habsburgs had for unifying Germany. Lesser Germany is the vision Hohenzollerns had.

>Austria was a backwards opressive regime
Backwards maybe, oppressive nope not really. Austria had numerous ethnical minorities that it needed to appease, just as Prussia was divided between Catholics and Protestants.
>>
>>3218093
>their blood was diluted
If you studied history more carefully you'll know that the issue with Habsburg blood is that it was concentrated, not dilluted.
>>
>>3218151
Prussia also had ethnic minorities, like Poles

Oh and btw, I am German
>>
>>3218111
>>3218093
t. 1/32 German-American
>>
>>3218093
they looked like that because they practiced inbreeding in a fashion that would make Pakistan pale in comparison.
>>
>>3218157
Not only minorities, prussians themselves were a mix of germanics and slavs.
Best mix btw. Prussia was perfect.
>>
>>3218165
And Austrians were a mix of Bavarians and Slovenes
>>
>>3218173
Possibly. i dont know much about austria except that used to vacation there.
>>
>>3218093
>hungarian subhuman
>slavshit untermensch
t. D'Brickashaw Lopez
>>
>>3218157
>Prussia also had ethnic minorities,
Which didn't constitute such large portion of population as they did in Austria

>like Poles
Who were treated worse than Poles in Austria

>Oh and btw, I am German
underage? Great x lesser Germany is in high school curriculum
>>
File: Picture 157.jpg (21KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 157.jpg
21KB, 600x400px
>>3217799
You... I've seen you... Let me see your face... You are the one from my dreams... Then the stars were right, and this is the day. Gods give me strength.
>>
>>3218647
>Dude lmao G*rms
Kys
>>
>>3217672
No

>too big to maintain
>>
File: 1490300511126.png (3MB, 1392x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1490300511126.png
3MB, 1392x1600px
>>3217672
not groß enough
>>
File: germ_killer.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
germ_killer.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
>>3218703
>kys
Like your beloved Adolf did?
>>
>>3217672
not with frogs constantly getting in the way
>>
>>3218713
Hitler was a retard just like your 12 year old meme-loving ass
>>
>>3218713
Where did I imply I was a Nazi?
If you are too retarded to differentiate between Germans and Stormfags you shouldn't post on a board that wants a "high level of discussion".

And no, just because there are some very vocal retards like you doesn't mean his is an anti-German board.
>>
File: dresden.jpg (111KB, 800x527px) Image search: [Google]
dresden.jpg
111KB, 800x527px
>>3218728
>>3218732
KIDF in full force today.
>>
>>3217672
I made this in Vicky + some more parts of Poland and Franche-Comte and was trying to expanding into the Netherlands and the Baltic while I had extensive majority German N. African colonies.

I was getting flooded with eastern euro immigrants but had a massive assimilation rate; it was all pretty neat but ugly looking
>>
File: edgy.webm (301KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
edgy.webm
301KB, 1280x720px
>>3218744
>Le Germany must le perish
>>
File: europe-is-saved.jpg (87KB, 800x621px) Image search: [Google]
europe-is-saved.jpg
87KB, 800x621px
>>3218769
>>
If he didn't commit genocide of 6 million Jews and have his mind set on the aria race... then yes it probably could have, unlike communism Fascism actually works
>>
>>3218776
I assume that you are a fascist, what nation do you think is the best example of your ideology?
>>
>>3218151
>Greater Germany is the vision Habsburgs had for unifying Germany.

Habsburgs were extremely wary of German nationalism, the liberal-democratic potential of the movement endangered their rule. Also, the creation of a German nation state would mean an end for Habsburg rule over Hungary and Northern Italy.

What the Habsburgs wanted for Germany was merely a loose federation of the various states, such as the German Confederation.
>>
>>3218796
explain... I do not agree with Nazi Germany but it seems if Hitler had no committed genocide and not messed up in the war that his fascist empire would continue, Communism has never worked in any country anywhere whatsoever. Communism has a few good ideas but it doesn't work. I am no fascist but I would prefer fascism over Communism. I am more of a Tea Party Candidate per say
>>
>>3218827
>Habsburgs were extremely wary of German nationalism
Prussians didn't like them either.

>What the Habsburgs wanted for Germany was merely a loose federation of the various states, such as the German Confederation.
Exactely, it was called the Großdeutschland.
>>
>>3218093
outbreeding + inbreeding depression -> Hapsburg
worst german dynasty, austria deserved better desu
>>
Has somebody ITT pointed out that Greater Germany was actually achieved under the Third Reich or are we just ignoring the Nazis and referring to pan-German unification in the 19th century
>>
>>3217719
Dear god it looks likes the splitting of a cancer cell
>>
>>3219637
>or are we just ignoring the Nazis and referring to pan-German unification in the 19th century

Yes, Nazis are not true Germans. (spoiler)They are discussed to death too.(/spoiler)
>>
>>3217736
reported for posting garbage outside /b/
>>
>>3219765
announcing reports isnt allowed my nigga
>>
>>3217672
It isn't too hard to imagine a world where WWI was instead Germany and Russia bullying Austria-Hungary, resulting in Germany all of the contiguous German-speaking land + Bohemia and Moravia at least.

But what your map shows would have been highly unlikely. A Prussia/AH merger would have gotten everyone involved in invading to keep the balance of power.
>>
>>3218093
>we don't consider Austrian scum German desu
but an austrian considered you fuckers german enough to lead you.
>>
>>3222243
It's just an autist, Austrians are bros.
t. German
>>
File: 1502311686031.jpg (206KB, 1232x1232px) Image search: [Google]
1502311686031.jpg
206KB, 1232x1232px
>>3222243
we view austrians as inbred peasants without any modicum of pleasantness. honestly, they aren't genetically germanic anymore. too much turkish, hungarian and slavshit semen in their mothers.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.